1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse Special Edition Realskin YID dolls

Oct 22, 2009

1. Yeah, I'm thinking of doing the same thing with Mars if I decided to buy him in December... :sweat I hope it will be okay! So you want to put Silvia's head on a boy body? :o I think the girls head are a little bit smaller than the boys. You might have to sand the neck!

Anyway... Which one is better for posing? Muscle or Model body? *_* Can anyone help? I have an IPH Mars in a Model body and it's just VERY FLOPPY!

2. Hm was thinking about a Silvia boy lol. But I think the tan Mars fits my character much better though they had to stick Silvia in the exact hair color and eyes of my boy haha. Well I guess a quick search might give me some answers. :)

3. fransyung - If he's floppy, he may just need some tightening.
      As to posing, the muscle body is a single piece torso, while the model one is a two-piece. Just by that fact alone, the model body is able to do a few more poses than the muscle. But it's an aesthetic preference. I really like the once piece torso (in particular, the '06 male body that was a single torso piece), because I don't like that fish gill break in the beautiful landscape that is the Iple male body. (Side note: also why I don't like the butt flaps on the EIDs. )
      But another note of difference between the muscle and model bodies: the muscle one is wider in the chest. Otherwise, they're basically the same.

Hope that helps. :)

4. Thank you!!! So the Model body is good for various clothed posing but the Muscle body is good for nude posing? :sweat Oh wow... I'm getting more confused. Which one should I buy... Those muscles are very tempting... And in tan, too... *faints* Gawd. Why can't we bring them to the beach and show them around naked? :...(

And by the way, I tried restringing my Mars and tightening him by making another knot on his head and putting the S hook in the second knot. :( But his legs are still floppy... Do I have to restring the feet parts? (Taking them off and then balance the string from the feet?)... I did that with my DOT boy before and it worked wonders...

5. Oh please let them do the JIDs too! I missed out on Sword Dance I and am really kicking myself over it!

6. Iple House trying to Kill ME!!! DX I love Gentle SooRi, SooRi, and NOW!!! MARS!! NOOOO T____T I hope my saving is enough DX

7. You mean like this?
      [​IMG]

Just don't leave them there for hours. ;) Just a few minutes to get the shot, then back into the dark bag. :)
      But this guy is just the regular tan. I don't know if I'd be doing the same with one of these Realskin guys... :sweat
      (which is why I'm hesitant to get one. I enjoy taking the boys out!)

PS - Yes, sounds like you'll want to just restring him all the way (not his arms if they're fine as they are).

8. *gasp* Oh boy... :...( Now I really truly madly WANT ONE!!!

Argh... I tried restringing his feet and still he's a little floppy, but getting better... :( I might have to learn to live with it... *sigh*

*looks at your photo* *gasp again*

EDIT!!!

I AM BUYING THAT MARS!!!! >w<

Waiting Room here :
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331963

9. *Weeps* Oh how I long for a RS Gentle Soori...or a RS regular SooRi

Iplehouse do layaway right? :aheartbea

10. Yes, they do! If they didn't, I would never be able to buy that Mars! :sweat But they have too many choices... Hard ones! *_* It's tempting to buy more than one!

11. I'm beoming more and more tempted to get Gentle Soo-Ri and Louis.

12. I asked Iple House about the YID real skin formula... It seems they're still using the formula for Jessica RS~ and are going with the YID lines to get rid of stock before making a new formula. So this line is going green like Jessica will... :sweat Unless they become your cabinet babies. I'm still buying that Mars, though... And I hope I can dye him later when he turns green!

This is Iple House's reply :

Hi, lovely fransyung~~

This real skin is not manufactured by old resin which the problem of green color occurred.
      After the problem was made, our manufacturing method was changed.
      Also, we are looking for UV protecting resin continuously, and we do the test and then manufacture.
      Resin is more & more upgraded.
      This YID real skin is manufactured by new resin added with more UV protecting function than your Amy real skin.

Concerning the color change problem, it is up to how to manage the doll.
      Also, we have real skinned doll, but the color change is not almost at all.
      We just take a little cares about indoor lighting, as well.
      Like you, the safest way is to keep the doll in a box.
      Most Korean customers take lots of cares to keep the doll.
      Also, they accept the change of color, very naturally.

It is really a pity that our doll instigates rumors continuously due to the problem of color change into green.

We are supposed to stop manufacturing some of YID characters after we will sell them by this year.
      Also, it is difficult to import the material to manufacture real skin, so when all the material will be used for YID, our sales for YID real skin can be finished suddenly.

Because of this, it will be difficult to manufacture real skin for a while, and please kindly be notified of this.

Thank you so much and Have a wonderful day.~~

So guys, you have to buy them now. Some of them will not be reproduced again! This is your last chance... I got a feeling that Iple House will release new YID lines next year!!!

13. Yes, well, not discontinue the line, but discontinue the sculpt (like they did the '06 body for the current muscle and model versions, and the one before the '06 version). I was asking them earlier (while raving about the EID Model man) about whether they were going to use this same sculptor to make new YID bodies in a similar fashion.
      Got their usual response that they are thinking of it, but have no concrete dates yet. ;)
      So yes. If you like the current YID model and muscle bodies, it seems they will be getting "upgraded" later on.
      How much later? Dunno. But I suspect next year.

OH! And someone mentioned earlier - there's no realskin Cocori! :o

14. I think Cocori and Aaron have been discontinued? :sweat

And I think the new YID lines will be buffer... more like the JID~ :(
      Love the buff but don't love the joints... :|

15. I think it's a seasonal thing... it seems that Cocori and Aaron are only available for certain times of year due to weather, if I remember correctly.

16. ;0; No realskin for a while?! Noooo! I was so hoping they'd do a JID realskin release. I want a Vito in realskin!

Makes me think harder about getting a realskin YID though. I'm starting to be really partial to the Gentle Soori. :aheartbea I can't wait until people start getting these guys and gals. I'm so looking forward to seeing them in the gallery.

17. I dunno... Maybe they will release something else nearing Christmas? ^^

18. Yes, Aaron and Cocori are only made during a certain time of year, when it's not rainy.
      But that was just for the dark tans, I thought, so was kind of surprised to not see Cocori. But now I'm surprised at no Aaron in realskin, though they did do him in light tan earlier in the year.

19. Hodang. I would love it if they redid the YID bodies in a similar fashion to the EID/JID bodies --- I love my Ryan's body; he's not the most brilliant poser, but he poses well enough for me. He sits and stands very well (he poses much better than my JID girl -- except when it comes to laying belly down, and propping up the upper body with the arms and being all cute).

I like the look of the muscular YID body, but I have a feeling that I'll miss having a joint at the chest like my JIDs do; and I think the wrists and ankles of the YID boys are slightly awkward looking. But jointing can't always be pretty, I'm guessing.

20. I just don't get why they didn't do Aaron and Cocori in RS....unless they're planning to do them in Kamau Skin!! :o
      And to read that some of their sculps are going to be discontinued ...that makes me : :...(
      And new YID Bodies - They better have better looking joints than the EIDs and JIDs!!
      It's the elbows&knee's on the EIDs that are putting me off them sooo much..If they keep YID style joints, then I'll be happy. (But very unhappy if they actually discontinue certain headsculpts :x!!)