1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse Tan Soo Ri Limited V2 with bonus 'Gentle' Head

Nov 23, 2007

1. Hey Terrence! Me too! I was just pondering which body of Tan Soo Ri to buy, when Tan Mano's number finally came up. :love: 'Tis the season for bronze musclemen.

Dear Santa-Baby, please bring Terrence more money so that he can order a Tan Soo Ri set for himself before December 25. Kthx. Amen.

There is always somebody with a bigger fish.
      *SHPWACK*
      I want my Neapolitan Soo-Ri Sundae! <3

2. As an owner of an Aaron Light Skin, I was curious to read here that Iple is using Aaron LS's body for Tan Soori 2.0.

I've noticed that my Aaron's faceup looks a shade lighter and powdery compared to his body in pictures lit with diffuse natural window light (no direct sun). In pictures lit with desk lamps one cannot see a difference however. This difference can only be seen in photos though. In person you can't tell. I'm curious to find out if this peculiarity also applies to Tan Soori 2.0. I guess we'll find out once they start arriving. I also wonder if this is the case with Tan Soori 1.0.

As for which body type to pick for Tan Soori 2.0, I would choose the Model body because Tan Soori 2.0 has young boyish default faceup. This is a matter of personal preference though and depends on if one is giving their Tan Soori 2.0 a more mature faceup.

Im so pleasantly surprised and happy that Iplehouse rereleased Tan Soori...he's got such a great sculpt.

3. All tan dolls come with a powdery face and head. Luts too. It's the spraying of MSC to seal the face-up. It just shows up more against the darker resin. Personally, if you weren't into blushing, I'd opt on tans for a "local face-up" - lips, eye-liner, eyebrows. You could do shadow too. If using acrylics, no problem, just coat with an acrylic brush-on coating or varnish. With pastels/pencils, you need a coating of msc, but there is a way to lightly brush it on, and then seal with an acrylic varnish, in matte or satin or gloss.

You want to see powdery, had a Tan El arrive not only with the generalized powdey head, but his ears looked like they were growing fungus, the coating on them was thicker and whiter, and because the staff had been using a heavy hand, he also had white particles all over his face, including right between the lashes. Either a heavy hand spraying, or near the end of a can, I don't know, but yowlped anyway.

NOTE: I have no idea why this appeared 3 times, but when I go to edit out the second and third one, to a "Oopsie" post, I hit their edit buttons and it keeps bouncing back to this one! And it says ALL 3 posts are #23! GAAAAAHHH!!!!

4. And now they're...gone....like spare money just after a group purchase opens....

5. Yes, I too think it's interesting that they're moving to the "Light" resin choice instead of keeping a separate "Tan"! But in a good way-- Light Aaron was so very very close to the color of their last tan resin, there didn't seem a reason to keep 2 of the same tone. I wonder if this means that the availability of tan will increase, or not? (Tan Louis, tan Barron, & tan Ryushin, I'm looking in your direction!)

Also yes, the "lighter face" syndrome happened to tan Soo Ri v.1-- it's especially noticeable since the sealant wore off his body, which happened pretty fast, because they didn't put much on him from the neck down.

It also happened to their last batch of Tan resin, for Tan Lion's release (this past spring), but to a lesser degree. At least my boy Karim came out pretty darn well-matched to his own body... and his sleeping head too. But I recall juubei's tan Lion had a much more pronounced 'tan line' between face & body. I guess it depends who's manning the can of Mr Super Clear on the day your boy gets finished!

:lol: That's funny, I was starting to lean towards Muscle for the same reason: The natural-toned faceup on Soo Ri v2 makes him seem younger, like a big healthy brawny well-fed teen athlete... to contrast with the willowy older model-type with the black lipstick. In fact, I was already thinking of him as Ilya's younger stepbrother, or something, who inherited his big-boned build from the other side of the family. XD Aah, but I also can't get enough of that sleek Model body either. If only both bodies didn't look so perfect on that head. Hey! I know! Forget the Ouija board-- where's my Magic 8-Ball??

Hobby, I think the forum caught a case of yours & Aernath's collective Soo-Ri-related brain-bubbles, & gave you a triple post of #23. *fwee*

6. Hmm. She'll have three, but I'll only have two....uh-oh -- I do have a floating Soori head -- does that count for the League of Threes?

And you're gonna have 3 as well? Getting spare body? Lol, we now know what formation the Soori army takes! Rows of threes!

(And when did they lose the hyphen, btw?)

7. WAHAHAHHAA!!! That's your story, and you're sticking to it? :XD:

Yeah, yeah, that's it! That's why my Ichigo needs a new face up/body blush every month! :lol:

8. Ohh, *pfft* you! :sweat Well yes, of course he rubbed it off pretty fast from wearing too many things with zippers and metal on them, and by wearing tight pants, and by wearing metal jewelry without a shirt on, and from doing too many-- ermmm, yeah, too many aerobics.

But it really did wear off fast... Even before he ever got into Adrian's jeans, he had already worn a shiny spot on his chest from this gorgeously tribal Orangebabydolly necklace. I says to myself, I says, "Hmm, if I want him not to get shiny, he'll have to never ever ever wear jewelry or get laid." :| Riiiiight. You see how much Ilya liked THAT idea. QED. ^^ Actually, I like the shiny effect on his body. Some people have nice taut glossy dark skin like that, and he works this look well.

And don't ask me to make excuses for Ichigo, man, it ain't our fault he wears off his nipples faster than you can buy orange paint. :whee: Either all older Soo Ris were just empirically slippery guys to whom sealant will not stick... or else they've all got an incurable case of hotpants and can't be bothered to keep their sealant on (along with their trousers). Har!

I learn not to question the whims of the Iple Name Variants as time goes by. -_- First the hyphen went, then the space...

I guess I WILL have three! Sort of. No, I wasn't going to get a second body, although that'd be a delicious luxury for somebody who has more space in the house than I do... I was just going to have another Soo Ri who has a sleepy head to change into. But the two heads could always gang up on Karim and borrow his body from time to time (oh, he's going to love that). So yes, there could be three.

9. Two model bodied Sooris incoming :roll:

Personally, I don't think it's just the faceup- I think Soori is a young looking sculpt. I think the model body looks more natural on him. Soori with a buff body makes me confused, and gives him an "action-man" look. But then again I tend to prefer the skinny nerd guys over the athletic ones, lol ;)

But uhm :drool the model body is very nice and manly...

BTW I purchased Barron with faceup and Harin without. Their resin is probably from 2 different locations as the skintone is different, but also, his resin is slightly rough textured, and hers very smooth. Do they cover the body in MSC along with the face or is it just the resin?

10. Did someone say "Tan Barron"? Yowza!! That would be oh so fine! I noticed when checking the Iplehouse site regarding darker skin tones that some marbling might be evident on a doll. Have any of you that have acquired any of their bronzed beauties noticed any marbling? Please excuse me if this topic has already been covered, but I'm a newbie here and inquiring minds, ya know.
      Re: Soori's head on Muscle body. There's just something about a boyish baby face on a well-developed bod that is quite scrumptious to my mind. Takes me back to high school and the buffed surfer boys. Although I'll have to admit that the Model body ain't nothing to sneeze at either.

11. Neither of my bronzed beauties have any marbling or streaking-- My older Soo Ri & my more recent Lion are both evenly brown all over. I think they're referring to the unevenness that sometimes happens when tan resin isn't perfectly mixed. Or it used to, anyway, when people were less accomplished at making tan resin than IP seem to be now.

They also warn you about seams/gate-marks, which some people really object to in a tan doll. You can't sand tan resin, so sometimes the seams seem very prominent. But the Iples have some magic method of minimizing the gatemarks so they're really not so bad.... I have no complaints over mine. But then, I'm not seam-sensitive (some folks don't want to see ANY seaming).

Oh honey, you are preaching to the choir. :drool Now you understand my indecision!! I love the look of both! That underaged-beefcake look is so very cute, and the willowy-model look is equally hot. *some more agonizing*

Well, if I can't decide within the next 10 minutes, I guess I'll wait to purchase him on Monday. Perhaps a weekend-long meditation on the male body will help me make my decision. Yeah, that's the ticket.

For the white/normalskin resin, like Barron & Harin, I don't know if they seal the body.... Perhaps Hobby & Aernath can tell us? I wonder if Barron's mixture had a higher concentration of French resin in it than Harin's, thus the 'pebbly' texture. That's interesting.

My only IP boys are both tan, and they both came with sealant on the body. I assume they'll do the same for New Soo Ri.

Ohh, and congratulations on your incoming twin models!! :aheartbea

12. Oh please, like any body coating stands a chance of lasting more than the first evening after Aernath gets her hands on it!

I don't know about the resin differences. I do remember that around the time they brought out the model body, I had been asking if the new normal skin was going to stay the light beigey color it was, or whether it was going pink (since a couple of early buyers of the new body mentioned "pinkness". At that time, the answer was that they have a couple of companies that produce the actual dolls for them, and the resin color of the normal can vary depending on which place was doing it.

So maybe texture can vary also? Alternately, I can imagine if the coating is the last step in the face-up process, it might be easier to put the head on first and then just spray the whole thing. The only way to really check is to get out a trusty magnifying glass, pick an unobstrusive spot that has the rougher texture and scrape your fingernail, or anything else that could conceivably take away a coating layer. If you see a shiny streak under the mag glass, then you know he was sprayed. Son of alternately, check the less "surfacey" areas, like under the armpit, center of the inner thighs, underside of the feet, etc., and see if you notice a difference there. I can't see them being 100&#37; thorough if they are coating.

14. There was a coating?!? :o
      Never even knew to look for one when I got him. Figured since I got him blank, there'd be nothing on him but my fingers. *cough* ;)

I did note that some places are a little more pebbly on my Ichigo, and a few spots are wonderfully smooth. But only my fingers can tell that difference, really. As much as my boys get out and about, no one ever picks them up and scruitinizes their resin. And honestly, it doesn't bother me in the least. Just gives me more textures to enjoy while.... oh nevermind. :|

*stepping awaaaay from the conversation*

15. aernath lol :lol:

I noticed Arolin is rough in texture, exept the insides of his legs are very smooth... uhm, well, they are pretty boys after all, why should we not wear off their coating?! ;) *blushes at Arolin* ...ah well, at least I made him some underwear, I did not dare anything else by the way he looks at me... or by the way my 59 year old mother randomly lifts up his kilt when she comes to visit. *ohmigod, two tanned model body boys incoming!!!!!!* IH makes beautiful dolls... and bodies, I really like the female one too :) For some reason I just love Hannas arm joints, they are so cute!

16. Maybe for the faced-up ones. I can't see them spraying blank bodies as a matter of course.

Or maybe your drool-soaked order form gave them the idea they should just get him to you ASAP---

Textures vary on a lot of dolls. The MNF have more texture to their feet and hands than the torso. And Nigel's Souldoll body has the shiny-est feet I've ever seen. Too bad, too. He needs the traction. :)

So, aernath -- what color nips for the tan? (She asked demurely, taking the conversation to depths not seen since Whirlpool got into the commode business....)

17. Well, if we're gonna lower the tone, you girls, let's LOWER it awready. Why pussyfoot around? Excelsior!

I think a nice rosewood/espresso shading, for a tan boy's nipples. (Unless you prefer the more solid ebony type of nipples, the ones that look like tiny yarmulkes.) And a deeper wine shade of blushing for the shootin'-iron. Off-black pubes. :aheartbea I've had this all planned out ever since I got Ilya, without ever doing it. But I've never blushed Ilya's vulnerables (either set). Because it's... an exercise... in... bloody futility. ;; He's always wanted nice espresso nipples, but life is too short for me to be reblushing those shirt-stretching chest-bayonets of his once a week.

Ilya: *monumental sulk*

Oh, don't gimme that look, you overspiced mincemeat tart. We've been through this.

The Model body, however, is much less "chilly" in that area! XD It has flatter, more detailed nipples (with aureoles). So for Ichigo's tan brother, maybe it'll hold the paint a little bit better. I have faith that Aernath will find out for us. This is why we love having her around. ^^

18. *Dies of laughter*

Honestly guys once you get started, its a riot to read! So now that I've finished my fit of laughter I thought I should add my two cents regarding the pebbly resin issue.

When I got my Soo Ri (THIS is the ONLY way I spell it regardless of the site) his body had a more rough and pebbly feel to him compared to other dolls I had. But within a few weeks, it seemed to have gone away. SO Maybe it's just where they are fresh from the mold?

This is probably OT but, while we're on the topic of the two body types, does anyone else have problems getting the model body to stand? My Soo Ri Refuses to stand up at any point even after tightening and sueding. He'd rather lie around all day. *_*

And on a side note To Jenny Nemesis:

About your comment on them either being empiracally slippery or having a case of Hotpants, from my experience it's definately hotpants. No doubt about it. :lol:

19. I'll let the owners of the model body discuss the posing. I know even with the regular, there are quirks. Sometimes they need to be wired. Sometimes that is of dubious help, as my Anzu (crossdresser in times of stress) has a right leg that just slips into the knee-inward-touching-the-left-leg, hip-drops position. Appropriate for his character, but beyond negotiation, apparently.

Jenny -- No ebony here. Rosewood, with a highlight of white Zinfandel?

Someone said it's good to wipe new dolls down with a towel, to remove remnants of mold-release compounds on the surface. I just think the IP boys are no different from any human -- their skin gets "toned" by constant, devoted massaging....

20. New question for everyone, please! My Engrish translation has reached its limits. I've asked them about this and Aernath has asked them about this, and I still can't figure out what the answer means.

Tan Sword hands will be included basically and then offered.
      Thank you very much. ^^​

What do you think "included basically and then offered" means? The extra hands will be included with the Tan Soo Ri fullset, & then offered as regular option-parts later?

(Language barriers, y'know, they sometimes take a second opinion. If the above is clear to you, thanks for any clarification.)

So, Hobby: Rosewood with a shot of Zin on the side! Nize one. I absolutely concur. :thumbup:

(Gypsy Eyes, it is purely deadly when those two get started; I am just the kerosene. ^^)

Re Model Body posing: No, I have never had trouble posing either the old v3 body, the skinny one-piece with the mobility thighs... or the newer Model body either. Karim was strung perfectly when he arrived, and balances like a dream.

I do know that Ilya's older body, since it's so lightweight, really functions better when it's strung a little looser. The impulse is to tighten till the cows come home, but when it's tight, it'll kick or slip into unwanted positions on its own. When it's allowed to be a little floppy, its excellent balance usually holds it together fine. Gypsy, your Aquilla has an older body, doesn't he? Does he behave better if you loosen him?

Karim's Model body seems to have somewhat thicker resin than Ilya's, so his limbs aren't quite as lightweight-- so his stringing is nice & firm, and he still poses well. They also improved the hip joint for less popping-out. (But I do miss those Mobility thigh-joints, which are what enable Hotpants Ilya to get into some of those Kama Sutra positions that even the SD16 can't do. Karim knows he's jealous. ^^)

*titter* Devoted.

Ilya arrived with huge smears of white schmutz (ermm, mold-release compound) in most of his joints. I guess since he was their first tan doll, they were being extra generous with all the compounds during manufacturing. Or something. Anyway, it didn't wipe off completely with a towel, or with the cleaning-block sponge... I wiped both the ball & the socket in his joints, and kept wiping, and wiping, and it seemed to go away, but after a few days of posing, it'd come back again. He'll be 2 years old this spring, & only in recent months has he gotten the last of the white schmutz out of his joints. Now that his body is completely shiny & his sealant is 99% gone, of course.... the compound practically outlasted the sealant. ;;

But a little schmutz never hurt nobody. I just gave him a good wiping before any acrobatic photoshoots, because the light stuff shows up starkly on his dark skin. And, schmutz or not, I am so excited to see the new tan resin... I hope it's as rich & beautiful a color as the others in person! I cannot get enough of photographing a richly sandalwood-tan Ipleman (especially when placed next to an ivory-skinned Volks man). <3