1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse Tan Soo Ri Limited V2 with bonus 'Gentle' Head

Nov 23, 2007

1. I do believe the sword-holding hands come with the complete tan Soori, as an extra set of hands. Not with the extra body, though.

I've also seen them offering the sword hands, aka a different position from the "hand in my pocket, happy to see you" slab hand. Perhaps they'll be offering the hands in all 3 resins.

That's all I can offer. I'm engaged in a little translation 20-questions with Luts at the moment. One company's software at a time....

Add: I asked the question about the hands in the Q&A in my "basic-sentence" format I've been trying to perfect. I'll let you know what they say.

2. None of my resin dolls poses well nor stands on their own :...( I thought it was me being very unlucky. Arolin has the model body, and even though I find it beautiful, he is so laidback he will rarely rise from the couch (uhm, who did he get that lazyness from!? lol). BUT now I am prepared, I have ordered a gorgeous dollmore sofa for the twins ;)

I have a dismembering phobia (even though I have managed to quickly snap on and off the head and exchange high heel feet), plus I am terrified of my dolls ending up as a heap of parts that I cannot put together correctly- so I never tried sueding, wiring, restringing... barely know what it is, so my dolls are sitting dolls. :| Anyone reassembled a model body before?

Ah, wonder if a MiniFee will stand easier than the larger dolls...

3. Thanks, Hobby, I think that's probably what they meant too. If I was meant to purchase them as extras, I'm sure they would've included a link or directions to the order form.

(I too have been trying to perfect a simple-language technique for communicating with ESL companies. It's hard when you're as hopelessly florid as I am. :whee: Let us know how your experiments go.)

Ravnsvart, that's a shame! Maybe your particular Model body DOES need to be tighter.
      First-time disassembly is very intimidating. Maybe if you have a friend nearby to help you, you can try it out? But once you start doing it, you'll get used to it quickly. Basically, if you lay out the parts in the order you remove them (and/or draw a diagram as you work!), and keep them separated into Left and Right... you really won't worry about not being able to reassemble him.

(Find an online stringing-tutorial. I bet somebody's already made one on DOA, maybe even for Iplehouse bodies.)

You're smart, to have a backup plan... if he can't get restrung or stand up... Get him a good sofa! :)

4. I was able to watch as dizziness re-strung my Ryushin(model body) at Nekocon last month. She originally was just going to tighten the elastic, but ended up having to restring him entirely.

You can mod the feet by adding a little s-hook like the hands have so that the bodies are easier to string.

Re-stringing dolls is much easier than people seem to think it is. The only thing you can do to get over that fear is to try it. You can restring a doll quite effectively using only a piece of thin ribbon to pull the elastic through.

5. Ravnsvart - you don't have to dismember anyone to suede them, particularly hot glue sueding. True, you will find yourself apologizing to them for bending their joints so far back, but no restringing. Wiring, too, is done by pulling the limb out, no restringing involved.

PS - you want a minifee to stand well, you'd BETTER learn how to glue suede! They are usually strung very tightly and the legs will keep popping into a sitting position. Glue sueding fixes it fine. Talk to me when/if you want to try!

6. Jenny: I got Aquilla when they first released the three part model body. I've tried loosening him but it doesn't seem to work, and with his joints so snug its hard to suede him :? . And as for the mobility joint, yes I was upset they didn't leave it. It's so Handy! (As Ilya would point out to us if given the chance :sweat )

Aquilla is heavier than my Roommates Dollshe which is kind of scary, so maybe its his weight that has to do with it? and it could be I just fail at posing Iple boys? (Seems I can pose Dollshe, DOD and even kicky CP dolls T_T)

Ravnsvart: Awww don't be afraid to unstring him! With a little practice you'll be able to unstring him and restring him in less than 10 minutes! I've assembled the model body tons of times(thanks to this little "flop" issue), in fact the first thing I did with Aquilla was unstring him, clean and paint him then restring him. It helps to have someone there but you can do it on your own too! Aquilla's also been sueded but I haven't tried wiring. That may be my next project. And as others have said, S-hooks in the feet really help.

7. Wow-- if you can pose a CP doll but not an Iplehouse, you're one-up on most of the rest of us! =D I don't own any CP bodies, and ever since I got kicked in the face by an El wearing platform-boots *ow ow ow ow*, I decided not to get one. ^^

It's funny how many reports of problems I've heard from other Iplehouse body owners, old & new... and I have never had trouble with either one. Maybe I got lucky with whoever was assembling them that day. (Or maybe they spent more time assembling the Tan LE fullsets than they do with regular release dolls? I find that hard to believe, because the Iplefolks are so meticulous, but y'never know.)

Gypsy, I know what you mean about the snug-fitting joints. No room for suede. They fit nice & tight together to make that excellent posing happen-- when his stringing's just right, anyway. Has anyone tried hot-glue sueding on these guys, yet? I'm thinking a thin layer of glue might take up less space than a strip of suede would... maybe it'd work for these snug joints. My lads don't need it for standing, but being able to hold their arms in midair would really give them more expressive powers.

Since this thread IS supposed to be about the new Tan Soo Ri release, I have another question: Would anyone find it useful if I posted pictures showing what a tan Soo Ri head looks like on a tan Model body? Iplehouse's page only has pictures of him on the Muscle body, & always with a shirt on. I had SUCH a hard time deciding on a body-type for New Tan Soo Ri... So I did some head-swapping on the old & new Tan bodies, to help cement my decision (I decided on Model in the end). I'll be happy to start a thread in the Photo Request/Comparison database, if it'll be useful to others. (It also shows the sharp difference in color between 2006's tan resin & 2007's, if anybody cared to see that.)

8. I hot glue suede everybody. But you know, you have to look and see just how and where the joints fit together on any particular doll or brand of doll. It doesn't pay to slather glue over a part of the joint that the ball never touches. With IP, a very light drizzle of glue on either side of the knee joint, and in the front, a little skoosh above the rim -- but you can't lay glue into the top of the joint. If you do, the joint-piece won't seat properly. Same thing with the elbows.

That's why when people ask for pictures of glue-sueding, they want an easy tutorial to follow. But each brand's joints are slightly different. Some shoulder joints take to glueing all around, other brands need an extra "wedge" of thicker glue along the lower rim. Experiement, experiment. It comes right off for redoing--

Jenny, you really want PERMISSION to post pictures of shirtless Soori's, particularly tan ones? Sweetie, get that courtesy gene shorted out and spam away!

9. "Courtesy", she says. *snerk* Well, I could happily turn those pix into just a Gallery offering, for the pretteh-- I was wondering if it was something that'd be actually useful in the Databases. But, I'll take that as a yes.

W00t! :thumbup Wow, thanks for that tip. In other words, no need to coat the entire inside of the socket-- go for just the points of greatest contact? Just make the sides/edges a little sticky? That is incredibly helpful & would've saved me a ton of trial and error. In fact, that explains why Volks's KIPS sheets don't work as nicely everywhere I want them to.

I am all thumbs with a glue-gun, prone to burning myself [the other reason I haven't tried yet ;;] and getting long snotty strings of glue everywhere whenever I try to keep it neat. But knowing that I won't have to make a perfect/thin/even coating on anything, that takes the pressure off and makes it sound easier to attempt. Mille grazie.

10. The older version IP Body is fine. It stands and is trouble free. The new bodies need sueding in the knees. I've not tried restringing, but probably give that a shot too.

I can't wait to have a pair of tan sword hands! Not for my new Soo Ri but so that my old Soo Ri can FINALLY hold a gun! Yeah!!!!! :P

11. Your glue gun may be at fault too, you know. If the temp is too high, you get excess glue melting. I use a cheapy, but broke the little "stand" flanges off so I could get in deeper to some sockets. But it has the trigger to push the melted glue out. Sometimes you get strands, but not all the time.

Well, the glue should be thin, but I like to call putting it on "drizzling". Rest the tip of the gun against the resin and swirl/schmoosh in irregular circles over the surface. Almost like putting vanilla icing on a danish, but a little thinner.

THUD.

Sorry. Just had the image of drizzling vanilla icing on a tan Soori. OH MY.....

12. Yay, weapons! :aheartbea But MieAga, you've got the same version Tan Soo Ri as mine... doesn't he hold the gun he came with? Ilya can hold his gun in that one curved hand just fine. Of course it takes a little Fun-Tak to get it to stay in place, for pictures, but his hand holds it. (And, as you well know, that hand is also perfectly-positioned to hold onto, ummm, other weaponry. *mwahaha*)

However, I'm looking forward to the Sword-Hands too, so he can hold even bigger guns. Oh boy, there's just no way to say that without sounding dirty. XD I have 'other' plans on ConDoll for that half-clawed-hand pose, too. [natch]

Anyway, you all: Here, I put up the comparison pix in this Database. If you want any help deciding on a body type for your new tan hunk. I put old tan Soo Ri on a Model body, with/without shirt/hair/etc.

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181024

(MieAga, you might also want to be prepared for the difference in resin-color between the new Sword Hands & your old Soo Ri. If you care much about having a perfect match, that is.)

:mwahaha CUT THAT OUT!!

See, I KNEW you were gonna start veering in that direction. You were doing so well, too, for awhile there. But as soon as you used the word 'drizzling'.... the tone, I could just sense it begin to plummet....

Anyway, thanks-- the fault could very well be my crappy $3 glue-gun. It's a tiny plastic portable dinky thing from Walgreens, with no dials or temperature-settings or anything. No controls except Plugged In/Not Plugged In. I could borrow a better gun, for sure. Or, I could go home & try your close-range Drizzilng/Smooshing technique. Nobody ever showed me how to do GOOD glue-gunning, so maybe I just need to try your technique.

13. I don't know if his weapon is just that big or what, but it's always been more than a handfull.... :D

LOL! Darn that word 'drizzle'! It just vears the conversation without even trying. Ahem, so no my boy doesn't hold his own gun at all. (*gritting teeth* self restraint!).

Whew, That period was hard to type :)

14. *splutter* Daaamn, girl... you managed to pull the tone of that entire post down to our level. All 3 paragraphs. XDD Awesome. This silliness really does write itself.

Shame about his actual gun not fitting, though. I'm too chicken to try baking the hands-- to soften it & change the angles of any of the fingers, which I hear other people do. Tan resin has too many wildcard quirks about it, I ain't risking it! Ilya can keep using Fun-Tak to hold his gun. And if we like the way the new Sword-Hands look on him, he can wear those sometimes (with long sleeves to hide the tan lines).

15. *grin* Well when you're in Rome.

Long sleeves and maybe a glove:) I won't re-pose a tan hand either. It's just not worth it. I may be braver with an extra pair.

So Jenny do you actually have the the new Tan SooRi in? I couldn't tell.

16. Yeah, I have just ordered him! It took me 6 days of agonizing to decide on a body, but I picked Model in the end.

But no, he ain't here yet. I dunno when they'll ship. They say 30-40 days after ordering, so *grits teeth patiently*... let's say February. Whenever he ships out, you'll surely hear the squeals from the rest of us!

17. and they just sent me an e-mail question today (12/7) about how much to declare on the customs form (first time for that, out of 4 IH orders!). That makes me think they're getting ready to ship him out fairly soon.... Gawd!!!.....

I chose the Mucle body for this one, because my Aaron has the Model body. I figured it would give me a chance to compare them. I'm planning on ordering separate model body for the spare head, but it's GOT to go on layaway 'cause I am severely overspent after this order and Freezia a couple of weeks ago.

Russell

18. *crossing fingers* I sure hope so. I resigned myself to wait till January...but it would be a exciting surpise to have my boy for the Holidays!

19. Russell, I got the same email today. Did everybody else who ordered him get one of those too? And if so, what the heck do we SAY? :sweat I've never had to figure out a customs value myself. (I think we're supposed to lie, but I'm not sure how much. XD)

Also didn't expect to hear that kind of thing so soon, either. The site says 30-40 days, and I've never known a Korean company to ship early during the winter rainy season. In fact, usually they have delays because they can't cast/paint when it's really wet out. Maybe they're just preparing the paperwork early?

(I kinda hope he doesn't ship before the holidays... I'm going on vacation for most of the month. I'd hate to be sitting at Mom & Pop's house in NJ knowing he was waiting in my cubicle in California. ;; )

And congratulations Russell on your Muscle Soo Ri. :celebrate I cannot wait to see him in the gallery! I really love that they offered a choice of body types-- on principle, because choices are good. For indecisive people like me, it's torture. Worse than Guantanamo is making me choose between two equally-nice things. ^^

20. *peeks in* *Attempts to Be Good.*
      I'm thinking ebon nipples. :)
      *giggle* *giggle* *giggle*
      Guns and hands, oh my! :XD:

You know, coming to the body type decision, it was fairly easy for me because I'm SUCH a fan of the one piece torso. I know, I know, the chest joint gives so much more mobility, but I've SEEN my single piece Ips workin' it just fiiiiiine. ;) *cough* :|

*takes a step away again* :sweat