1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse Toyko Story dolls discussion! New SID boy Storm & SID girl Soo

Jul 7, 2010

1. masala_chai_tea- Do you know if iple actually plans on making an EID Asian male? I really hope they do! And soon!

2. Seriously... I've been mopping up around the computer for days waiting for more pictures of the Tedros to show. I'm so doomed. I had JUST taken delivery of Aernath's latest EID and said "too big for me, I think" when she showed me the teasers.

My hubby has already looked at the pictures and said "um, so does he already have the scar on his face?" (No, it's not KENSHIN... *giggle*) So I think he knows what's coming. Wow. I'm just so dead.

3. I wonder which shade of tan the Tedros will turn out to be - I didn't see it named on the site, and it's always hard to tell from the promo shots.

4. I think someone had asked them if they had plans for an Asian EID male, and they said they did sometime in future. But, Iple tends to be full of surprises. I definitely wasn't expecting two new SID sculpts for the Tokyo Story.

XD Hehehehehe! Tedros is one of my faves amongst the EID men. Hard to resist!

I'm interested in seeing which it will be as well!

5. If I didn't have the ringmaster Tedros, I'd be even more sunk. I knew I'd be sunk for the Asa, which is all I can afford really -- but I may have to try to find a way to get the clothes for the others. *whimper*

6. Storm looks like a mini version of Tedros and Soo looks like a female Vito- especially around the nose and mouth.

7. I like Soo, she makes me think of a grown up Amy. :D If they ever release her in RS I will have to get her as a sister to my JID girl.

8. Of course ! There's always a doll for each one of us, isn't it ? :) Even when you try to stop and save money, then some company release THE doll you were dreaming of (without even realizing it !) and then you're doomed again. :doh

I quite like Soo, even though I'm not in love. Not that it matters, but I think her kimono is prettier than Asa's.

Baakay : Would you make a Kenshin out of him ? Oh, I want to see that ! :)

9. Iplehouse makes beautifull dolls.But i like the older tedros more.

10. I just want to point out that STORM is to be an EID, not an SID, it has me confused, the wording on his photo says Special Edition Elder Iplehouse Doll, (EID) but here he is being discussed as an SID? Did anybody miss this or am I mistaken?

11. I love the tanned Tedros! He looks super-hot with the light beard and in that outfit!!!

But--I have the NC Tedros on the way home, so that's enough Tedros for me!

The girls look fantastic in those kimono... But NC Tedros has wiped out my poor bank account for now. If he gets a girl-friend, it will be a long while from now! *_*

12. I think that's 'probably' a typo on the IH webmaster's part. If you click on his picture, they have him listed under the SID Limited Doll category.

13. Iplehouse you are killng me with the dolls. I haven't even paid off my Benny yet and I'm looking at Storm. I don't even have a character in mind for him. *sobs*

I need to see more pictures before I make a final decision though. I am seriously running out of room for my dolls. I need to get a nice bookshelf from Ikea.

14. Thank you, I missed that! I was really getting very confused, and was afraid to get too excited over the discussion of !!AN SID BOY! An Eid boy I can resist, but the poseability of the sids had me at hello! lol now knowing this I can go count my pennies and pray for magic money rain! I really do love his photo and cant wait to see more. Im wondering what his price will be. Not again Iple Im still waiting for my realskin Yur who I purchased right after Jessica! That would make three just this year, not even counting the others who found their way home. And here I am convincing myself not to buy a doll through a post. :p
      Does the reasoning ever really work!? ;D

15. Just: WOW!
      I really like the Samurai/Feudal Japan theme...oh, and I love the Geisha theme to bits *sigh*
      It´s just a pitty that Soo is on the slimmer Iplehouse body.

16. I just showed my hubby this new Tedros that is coming out, so he's like " Let's hear the pitch on why you need him" I told him he looks good enough to eat and so handsome.......he just laughed. I really want this Tedros and he is just perfect! Hope the clothes and blade are options as full set.

17. They all are gorgeous!

But count me in the slightly sad column. As much as I like both Tedros and Storm in their Japanese ensembles it comes across as a bit Spagetti Western if you know what I mean. I think due to anime character drawings Tedros looks in place, but Storm doesn't read Asian to me at all. I guess I'm really waiting for Iple to make the right SID boy for my crew and I was hoping with the name Tokyo Story it would be my lucky day.

Okay, pity party over.

I think Tedros looks freakin fab this way, like he stepped out of Samurai Shamploo. Asa look perfect! Soo is adorable. I really like Storm too but I'd like him better as a Mafia heavy or something.

edit: Looking at Storm's picture again, he is throwing me serious Harry Hamlin in Clash of the Titans face!

18. so need the clothes. I already have an EID boy and he just needs that kimono and hakama set. and the sword (drool)

19. I think Soo looks like JID Vito's older sister. And I agree she also looks related to Amy as well. Apparently Iplehouse likes to make all of their dolls look like family!

masala_chai_tea- Good to hear that they plan on making him! But the future...that could be years from now :(

20. I enjoy that Iplehouse is remaking a new version of their old line of fullset YID dolls (Harin, Freezia, Ryushin, and Barron...I think, can't recall now..) with this. I loved the costumes in those limiteds! They are a different take to be sure, since this is very Japanese, but they have their parallels! Soo very much reminds me of Feesia.
      I'm excited to see the full costumes. My husband and I always thought that Tedros would make a fantastic scruffy samurai. ^_~