1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse Toyko Story dolls discussion! New SID boy Storm & SID girl Soo

Jul 7, 2010

1. Iplehouse is trying to bankrupt me, that must be it! I think I will find Tedros the hardest to resist, but I want to see more pictures of all of them!

(No, I still haven't even received my very first doll yet, what have I gotten myself into?!) ;)

2. Seconding this. TOKYO story with Italian Stallions??

3. Oh my gosh- St James I just got a Rocky Balboa visual for them for the first time.......

4. LOL ok yeah, Harry Hamlin wins by far!

5. I have to agree. Don't get me wrong -- I still love this group -- but I think of them all, Storm is a bit of... well, yeah. Mafia heavy. What's funny is that the men look stunning in their ensembles, and I love the outfits -- and hope they sell them separately and in enough quantity that they can be attained! -- but they don't look particularly Asian. The ladies do, but that's partly why Asa is coming home this time if I can swing it. She's been a stunner since day one. Soo is also incredibly charming, but she hasn't had the time to worm her way into my brain the way Asa has.

6. I predicted doom approaching, and here Doom is breathing up my skirt, right on cue... lo, Brown-Resin Tedros. :aheartbea :aheartbea :aheartbea Screw the whole samurai schtick, that there is a beautiful man. Daaang, baby!

But, aww, shite on top of shite-- I knew this day would come, but it doesn't make life any easier. From Tedros Day One, I have secretly fantasized about trading Hassan (beloved Realskin ringmaster) in for a Brown model. But in real life, I can never part with any of my beautiful men, because I am a sentimental twat. ;; Gah! Can't the Iple Fairies just swoop in during the night & exchange him for me magically? Without me noticing? Haven't EMS figured out how to do that yet?

Storm is like Tedros & Vito's love child, which is disturbing to think about, but very handsome notwithstanding.

7. LMAO, can I just say I love your posts?

8. hmm..nothing impressed me...so far...from the new SIDs.
      Soo just like...Harin?
      I want more woman like Asa...>.<

But Tedros is always looking luscious..yum! :D
      And I agree that Iple should come up with asian looking EID man..:aheartbea

9. Ha! Too funny, and yet not untrue!

I'm half-hoping that the photos are just dark and he'll turn out to be light tan and then I won't need him. Of course the other half totally hopes that he is a nice rich brown so that I can be all "Welcome to the household!"

10. Holy crap!

I hadn't really wanted a Tedros until now. But that version is pretty much exactly like the one character I absolutely have to have in doll form. I have him as a doll already, but it doesn't really work as well as I'd hoped.

Aaaargh, why do I have to be so poor right now??? D8

11. I was stunned from that teaser pic.
      everytime I push F5 button in explorer hehe. I can't wait that doll.

12. Gaaaaaaaaaaah! I think Tedros is looking so hot in the "samuri schtick" (As Jenny called it... LOL). I'm loving his color...the outfit is so cool.
      Oh dang! I alread have a Lee on Layaway...where can I get the funds? Iplehouse is killing me!

13. Tedros is by far my favourite male sculpt ever. How come he always looks so darn good? Storm though, I really can't wait for more pictures. He may be the plausible big doll for me. Considering the fact that I want my own resin mafia gang, I'm okay with the Italian Stallions. <3

Did anyone see the notice Iple posted? They'll be giving away the swords for free to the first 30 customers, but it sounds like you can also purchase the swords as well. The date they're going on sale, July 12-August 12, is also in their notice. I think that's the first I've seen any mention of their sale period so far.

14. Wow, the new dolls are lovely. Personally i don't think Storm can hold a candle to Lee but that is just my humble opinion. Soo is lovely...I love her mouth. Asa and Tedtros...oh TEDROS...both look great but Tedros is just so hot! I'm happy I'm not tempted too much by this group because I couldn't afford them anyway. Maybe they will sell the outfits seperately...and the swords...that would be awesome to have too.

15. Oh ho ho ho... so they don't just come with swords & kimonos, they also come with tabi feet! Not as an option, they just come with 'em. :thumbup: Welllll, I have no use for tabi feet (I would have to order regular ones special ^^) but they are sure in keeping with the theme. That is a lovely thing they're doing. Must say, the kimonos are really beautiful.

And if my apartment had an Infinite Space annex, I'd already have a shelf cleared for Lee & Storm to share, since they look like they'd be oh such good friends. Aww.

Hee. It's just brain-droppings. ^~

Nope, that Tedros is Brown all right.... I has been staring at my own Tedros for months & months waiting for him to get a tan like this, but he stubbornly remains merely tawny. Mr. Storm is Realskin-colored, which looks pale next to Brown, but which looks very dark next to WS or NS. (The Iple Gallery has this handy color-comparison shoot.)

The Noctarcana Tedros was Realskin, so I had a hunch the SE would have to be Brown! And woe betide anybody who isn't looking to get addicted to a limited resin color. This Brown resin is the most luscious, luminous, deep and perfect toffee color imaginable. No weird pink or green undertones, no yellowy spray-tan look. My Strongman Luo is this shade, and it takes an act of sheer will not to lick him every day. It's beautiful. I think I'd have the whole collection re-cast in that resin if I could (non-Iplehouse dolls included).

16. So...the iple fairies are going to be swapping Hassan out for you? ;) I'm sure they'd paint him exactly the same for you. :chocoberry

17. Ah, I love the new guy. The SID line is shaping up quite nicely. Brown Tedros though... :drool as much as I love Realskin that darker tan is just amazing every time they use it. I'm reeally hoping they use it for one of the big girls. :eusa_pray How gorgeous and exotic would that be?!

And I am all over that outfit for my Evan. The sword, the feet, I want it all! :lol:

18. I'm not totally sure yet - me and Hassan have some soul-searching to do. ^^ I'm so attached to Realskin Hassan already, but. But I think so. Maybe. A strong Maybe. Oh, check back with me next week, you know me & my Waffling Disorder. When life / dollery offers too many options, it really plays hell with the chakras of the indecisive.

19. I'm finishing my current big layaway at the end of this month, in the middle of the ordering period. I am not committing my heart and funds yet, but brown skinned Tedros is looking more and more appealing. I am also a mad Samurai Champloo fan, so even though the character I have in mind for him is a swashbuckling pirate, the fact that he looks like he fell outta SamCham is not helping! >:o

But of course Soom's new MD will appear soon and then all bets may be off. Oh dolls, oh dolls, why you do me like this?