1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse Toyko Story dolls discussion! New SID boy Storm & SID girl Soo

Jul 7, 2010

1. True, it's ultimately all Good News, I'm just impatient & I want my handsome tan boy NOW! :lol:

2. I'm so impatient also - I can't wait for my Asa to arrive!

3. I just picked up my TS Tedros from the post office & he is more gorgeous than I could have anticipated!

Also, Iplehouse sent me an EXTRA pair of hands as my free gift, & they perfectly match my Realskin Akando! I was confused at first, since I ordered a pair of hands for Tedros--in Light Brown, naturally--but the free hands were "on top" of the doll box w/the free gifts & they were very clearly Realskin & not Lt Brown. They weren't labeled "Iplehouse Gift" like the pants & wig (in blond) that I also got for free. Once I saw everything that came, though, I was very pleased, as the hands were clearly made to match the doll I ordered from them earlier this year. Also, it's a pairing they don't sell in their EID Parts section; he has the "knife throwing" Right Hand & "Sword Holding" left hand.

Did anyone ever set up a Swap Thread for the IH free gifts? This blond wig has got to go! :lol:

I think Iplehouse employs phychics, though. They sent him with deep violet eyes, which aren't right for his character, but they're the same color value as the blue eyes I had already ordered for him, so it immediately allayed my fear that the blue eyes were too dark for his skin tone. :) Make no mistake, he's wearing the proper blue eyes now. :lol:

4. Congratulations Starzz! <3 I'm glad your man is everything you dreamed of and more!

Double wow-- free body-parts? Or did they just get your hands-order wrong? The #03 hands-set are the ones that came with the Pierrot set: one knife-throwing claw hand, & one card-holding hand with the solid fingers. That's pretty cool (but I guess not so cool if it's not what you ordered).

I actually lucked out with both my free gifts! The beige cargo pants are Superhero sized, and those giant asses always need more pants. I think I got the same wig that Starzzz did.... in that incredibly bizarre "Mint Grey" color. XD It's not coming near my Tedros, but it looks adorable on my Volks SD13 schoolboys, so that was a bit of luck. But if you guys are still setting up a swap-and-sale thread, I'd like the chance to buy off someone's unwanted gifts for cold hard cash.

5. They sent left hand from the 03 set I ordered, but not the right hand. The realskin hands that match my Akando were completely random & unexpected, though they were a very nice surprise. :)

6. starzzz - when do we get to see pictures? :) Cool deal about the hands...that's a nice free gift!

7. Igot a blond wig and a pair of jeans I'm keeping but yea that blond wig can go.

8. Congrats starzzzzz! Great news on your guy arriving and the wonderful free gifts you received (the hands and pants at least).

So what is this blonde wig that everyone wants to get rid of ? It can't be any worse then the lilac wig that Christian has still not forgiven me for by making him model it publicly in this thread. By all means, let's get the party started on a swap thread.

Christian's faceup is even better then I imagined. My grandson, who is 2, saw him today and didn't want any part of him. Usually, he is rather fascinated by my resins, but Christian's angry face scared him a bit - :D

9. Just an idea: Would anyone mind if the swap contained other clothing or shoes as long as it's Iple? Some people ordered orther sizes and recieved gifts that they may want to swap as well and I have some EID woman clothing I would love to swap out because it doesn't fit the character like I thought.

10. Works for me. I'm always looking for EID woman stuff.

11. How/where should we set up this swap? Would it go in the mktplace?

MysticalDollDreams, I linked to the Iple page for the wig in my "OMGSQUEE!!!" post. It's the 'teardrop' style that I think people sometimes refer to as an "apple cut". Also, it's blond. :(

Here are a couple of my favorite pics from today:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The second pics (of his abs :D) is truer to the delicious color of his resin. There is more about him on my doll blog (link in my signature).

12. starzzzz, your wig looks better then my lilac one! I think it might be the same style though. We only live about an hour away from each other too, so we could always meet up at Washington Square and compare the wigs on the guys - :D Yes, I imagine the swap thread would have to go in the marketplace under the clothing one.

Took a peek at your knitting blog. Are you knitting sweaters for these boys?

Nice abs, by the way on the boy.

13. I do have some ideas for knitwear for the dolls, but nothing definite or in the near future. You never know, though; sometimes when I get excited about a project, it trumps everything else I already have on the needles. :)

14. Mazel tov Starzzz! :fangirl: The man is home, he looks delish, and Ismael looks happy. ^^ All is right with the world.

15. Hey folks, remembers that there can't be discussions of on-forum transactions - and this includes trades - outside of the MP. If you're going to start trading your gift items, you need to set up a thread in the Marketplace to do so, rather than stating in this thread what items you're planning on putting up for trade. Although the items in question might not all be clothing, the best place to start this thread would be the Clothes/Shoes section of the Marketplace.

16. Thanks RROSS!

17. Thank you, RROSS & JennyNemesis!

Now I just have to see about his faceup. :)

18. My Tedros finally arrived today. I like him a lot, but I'm also a little sad about the quality. Maybe I'm a little too picky and it was also not the best time for Tedros to arrive, since I got a Volks FCS tan boy 3 days ago - and compared to this kind of quality Iple seems really poor now...
      The part I'm sad about is his head: the head plate doesn't fit the head! It closes thanks to the magnets, but it looks weird. Ok, most people would say that's no reason to complain because if he wears his wig, it's covered. But I really feel bad about this, because Tedros was not a cheap purchase, he was even more expensive than my Volks boy!
      I already own 3 EIDs and could really watch the quality getting worse after the first one. And I really hate it, because it usually happens with their limited ones!!! My Noctarcana Chase got the worst bodyblushing ever - it went off even I hardly touched him, the first scratches after just taking him out of the soft box! And now this head... Also he came strung a little weird - one of his legs is quite loose, the other one tight, but that's no problem cause I only need to restring him (but this is also a problem I never had with other EIDs before)
      This all makes me so sad and angry the more I think of it.
      Has anyone of you also got such a head or other quality problems? Or am I the only one?

[​IMG]