1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse Toyko Story dolls discussion! New SID boy Storm & SID girl Soo

Jul 7, 2010

1. Aw! Congratulations on the arrival, but I'm sorry to head you don't like your Tedros! ;; Mine also has a headcap that doesn't fit totally flush at the hairline, but so many of my other dolls have funky-fitting headcaps, I didn't even notice it. Everything else on him seems fine.

Did you get bad blushing on your Tedros? Or a chipped faceup? His faceup sure looks wonderful in the picture.... you got a beautiful vivid paintjob and it looks like every facial hair is in place.

(I've had to restring all my EIDs because they arrive floppy as wet noodles. I appreciate their consideration for the colored resin, but it is amusing to pick up a big manly-man & have his legs drop out of the sockets & stay behind on the couch. ^^)

2. Oh no, I didn't mean to sound that I don't like my new hot man! I'm just a little sad about this head problem, which isn't really a problem when he is wearing the wig. Just a general frustration about the quality of Iple, which I usually always loved. I mean, this dolls are simply amazing, perfect faceup and mold - and now this little stupid problem with bad fitting head plate... When everything is perfect it's so sad that they ruin the overall feeling with such a tiny, not worth to mentinon, simple head plate.
      But really, I'm very impressed of my new Tedros. His skin colour is so wonderful and almost no seam lines at all. I hope to get home soon so I can enjoy him again <3

3. *whew!* That's good news. :aheartbea I was afraid he arrived with a chipped nipple-blushing or something. From the neck up, he sure looks stupendous. Can't wait to see more! I wonder why the headcaps don't fit so well? Maybe the tan Tedroses mistakenly got the headcaps from tan Kamau or something.

My friend's Noctarcana Lee arrived with sealant all crusted in his ears, which quite frankly made my hair stand on end, because Iples have always taken such meticulous care with the LEs.... in the past 5 years I've opened 7 fullsets without a problem... I had seen iffy faceups and sealant on SEs and basics, but not the limiteds up until now... so yeah, it is sad if they're going to start slipping.

But! Maybe it's because I'm a cavegirl and a slob, but ill-fitting headcaps don't bug me. ^^ Unless they actually fall off during a photosession (looking at you, Soom). Perhaps some long-overdue nudes of Hassan would cheer you up? [click-warning for nudes]

4. Thank you so much, JennyNemesis, I really feel better now - first your kind words and now HASSAN *droooool*

5. Oh JennyN. Why did I have to see your click-warning link all set up and coaxing me ... while I'm at work? I weep. Bitterly.

I agree with the observation about the loose stringing. Last night, and in the possession finally of some decent-sized doll stands for my big guys, I picked him up to stand him... and even after having been tightened, his butt fell off. Or, well, at least south. *giggle* I have some uber-fat string coming in the mail and can't wait for another excuse to disrobe the boy. (Oh, did I say that?)

You know... I will check when I get home but I don't remember there being ANY issue with the fit on my Tedros' headcap. I wonder what the heck has happened? Could they possibly have gotten the magnets inserted in the wrong END so that it's off that way? I don't even know if it's a possibility to fit the headcap on upside down...

6. ~heh~ Dun worry, the naked man clicky will still be there when you get home from work. Mwahaha.

It's just a bad fit on the edge, that headcap; magnets are fine, the pieces fit together fine, but the fit between the edge + the forehead is not flush. Like the headcap wasn't sculpted quite far enough forward to meet it. Or something. Ehh, I should just take a picture. It's not the kind of thing that bothers me, though... not compared to the old Soom heads with the no magnets & the twist-to-lock slots that never lock.

7. Gosh, I 'm going home and checking my Iplemen's headplates. I'm pretty sure I haven't had this problem...because I put head caps on a few. But now I'm curioius...

But your Tedros is yummy. Is he a custom faceup? He looks different than most I've seen so far.

I'm paying mine off next week! (Yeah)

8. Yes, now I want to bolt from work and start my weekend with my camera and some hunky resin. :aheartbea

First, I'll check their headcaps...I'm so curious about them now. They either are fitting fine...or I was terribly distracted by other...parts. LOL.

9. My Soo has some sealant that has some slight scratches in them, but they are so light that you really have to hold her up to bright light to see it. Her nose looks a little dirty too, again maybe from the sealant, but that does not bother me at all. She is a lovely doll still. Her head plate fits perfectly on her head, magnets maybe a little weak, but her headcap does not fall off when moving her.

10. My Storm came perfect. My Noctarcana Luna came with a chip of her eyebrow missing off her faceup but luckily I could fill it in without having to send her head back to Iple.

11. I got my Asa, and she's gorgeous, but I don't have a clue how to dress her. Can anyone help? The doll is gorgeous, but the headcap is a little wonky. No big deal, the wig will cover it. Free gifts were, um, interesting. One of them is a tan sweater looking thing that just confuses me. Also, a hat and scarf with pom poms on the ends. Maybe because I put in my order later I just got whatever they had left? Oh well, it's all about the doll and she's fabulous.

12. Congrats justkatie! Check out the swap thread, maybe the freebies can find a home. (And I don't think it's about when you ordered, I just think that free gifts are usually chosen from the Surplus pile. ^^)

How you assemble that massive confection of Asa's outfit, that would stymie me too.... good luck!...

PS: For small sealant-scratches (which can be sorta inevitable), see if a few strokes with a dry cleaning-sponge takes care of it. They're usually easy to get rid of, unless it's really deep.

13. And you were, in fact, correct about that.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*composes self*

I did check my Tedros and while he doesn't have a perfectly-fitting headcap the mismatch is so slight that I seriously hadn't noticed it at all. Not at all as pronounced a gap as some of these pictures we've seen. VERY weird.

14. Oh, you got the Asa? MagicBunny's gotten her kimono and outfit all worked out, you can PM her for details I believe!

.hlp

15. I have both Tokyo Story Asa and Soo. I can help! What do you need to know?

Asa - http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?398286-Iplehouse-Tokyo-Story-Asa-(a-master-geiko-&#33464;&#23376;)
      Soo - http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?401052-Iplehouse-Tokyo-Story-Soo-(a-novice-maiko-&#33310;&#23376;)

16. Step 1: Unpack everything and put the socks, geta shoes, and hairpieces aside for later.

Step 2: Take off her wig. Believe me, you don't want it on for some of this. :)

Step 3: Find a clean surface you can lay the kimono out on. Lay it down so that the sleeves kind of make the shape of a T. The long sleeves will hang down naturally beside the kimono.

T shape example - http://www.ubaguito.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/red_kimono_03.jpg

Step 4: Now the fun begins! Layering the kimonos. The white kimono (underwear) goes inside her red/black kimono. This is going to seem to be a challenge with the sleeves of the white kimono. It's actually pretty easy.

- Lay down the red/black kimono and open the front.
      - Lay down the white kimono inside the red/black.
      - Take the bottom of the right white sleeve and roll it up like a newspaper. You don't have to do it tightly!
      - http://www.stockphotopro.com/photo-thumbs-2/stockphotopro_54972877MKF_no_title.jpg (rolly newspaper!) :)
      - In the armpit of the red/black kimono, you'll find an opening. Pass the rolly newspaper-shaped white kimono arm through there.
      - Roll up the left arm of the white kimono and pass it through the apse in the armpit of red/black kimono.
      - The side of the red/black kimono sleeve facing the kimono is open. Unroll both the arms of the white kimono inside the red/black sleeves.
      - Once you have those unrolled, you're all good to put Asa into her clothes.

[​IMG]
      ^------------------------ You can see the white sleeve inside the red-black in this picture.

Step 5: Now lay Asa down on her back on the T-shaped kimono layers. Just like you slid the rolled-up white sleeve into the red/black, you'll also slide Asa's arms through the opening in the armpits of the kimono. As much as you can, keep the kimono T-shaped. There is an opening for each hand in the top ends of the T. Make sure to pass her hands through the end of the sleeves. It's hard to spot. However, in the picture of the hanging red kimono, the bamboo staff has passed through the kimono just like Asa's arms will.

Step 6: Wrapping! With Asa on her back, smooth out the kimonos. Keep the T shape. She'll now be inside the layers. Close the white kimono so that the collars make the shape of a y (so close it so the right goes under the left <-- I got this wrong in a lot of my photos). Keep the white kimono snug around her with one hand. Smooth the inner kimono.

Step 7: Close up the red/black kimono (same y shape). Keep it snug, because you need to stand her up now.

Step 8: Hold the kimonos snug with one hand. Slide the obi around her waist so the bow ends up behind her. Once you have it on, it will keep the kimonos snug for you. It's going to take a little work to get all the buttons closed at the back of the obi. Get at least two before moving on. The obi is going to sit right below her breasts, so not down on her hips. It's harder to button-up on a large-breasted doll. But hang in there, it will button!

Step 9: Tie the green checkered cloth belt around her waist. It will sit high up on the obi (above the bow on the back). The knot faces forward. The red belt that looks like rope closes around the obi below the bow. The knot goes on the front, so the little snap will close on the back just under the bow.

Example of Soo's obi (Soo is large-busted). Unlike in the picture above, I don't have Soo's arm all the way through the sleeve in this shot!
      [​IMG]

And you're done! (Except for the tabi socks and geta, but you have to change out the feet for that!)

Edit: And let me know if you need any pictures! I'm hoping to see your Asa in the Box Openings soon!

17. Thank you so much for the detailed explanation MagicBunny! :D I was totally lost without it! I'm have computer problems, but as soon as they are resolved I'll post my gorgeous Asa on the board. This doll really is lovelier in person, I can't say enough good things about her. :aheartbea

18. Oh! >jumps and claps< Okay! With hope I'll be able to see her soon! That's going to be so cool! :sumomo:

19. My Tedros is here and he is wonderful and huge (he is heavy lol).
      But he looks angry with this make-up, angrier than the pics on the website, but he is gorgeous anyway ;)

20. that's really unfortunate! Neither of my EID boys seems to have this issue; it looks like a case of unfortunate coincidence for yours. :(

I suppose Pakko has a slight lack of flush-ness, but it's not enough that I noticed it before:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Realskin Akando from this summer has a perfectly-seamed dome:

[​IMG]

(DAMN do I have some sexy dolls! *fans self* :XD: )