1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse Toyko Story dolls discussion! New SID boy Storm & SID girl Soo

Jul 7, 2010

1. I just saw the teaser pictures for these dolls! Somehow I missed this thread and when I went to Iplehouse's site to look up some wigs I was taken completely off-gaurd! So evil, Iplehouse... I always liked the asian girls sculpts, but this might push me over the edge. And Tedros! Oh, Tedros!!! *shakes fist at computer screen*

2. For what it's worth, I think they would be doing the teenies next over at Soom if they're sticking to any of their old patterns (which is pretty iffy, admittedly). ;)

(I am such an enabler.)

3. Ahahah I appreciate the enabling *rolls around*

I got tinied for Grit, and have a romantic head heading my way. Unless it is the most amazing tiny everrrrr, I am going to stick strong with wanting Tedros.

...This is what layaways are for? :D *enables self*

4. I heard they will look like Coquina :)

5. same here.

they said to me those exact words just after they released Lee "We will release Asian EID boy, and maybe, the concept of character might have very strong face like a warrior."

dressing Tedros with a kimono doesn't makes him an asiatic guy <_<

i just hope they will do also the other Eid in that skintone, are years im harassing them and waiting for an Akando in brown skin Y_Y

lol if only italian guys can be like them.. :XD:

6. *stares at teaser pics*
      OOOKKKKK ... I will not buy Tedros. Repeat: I will not buy Tedros. Repeat: I will not buy Tedros. Repeat ...

Awww, heck. I really love my Akando but for Morgan Bartholomew, the dashing pirate captain, Tedros' face-sculpt would be even better (looks more mature, imo). And that new Toyko Tedros looks - absolutely awesome! Wanna! But nope, common sense will have to win, this time. (That little voice telling me that I neither got the money nor the space to get this gorgeous Tedros ...)

7. Actually, I've seen manga characters in traditional Japanese settings that look like Storm - yaoi/BL does that fairly regularly :sweat

That Tedros is so awesome he almost makes me forget I hate his chin ^^;. And that he's the wrong size . . . I need a very similar lad in SID. Storm is promising but probably not quite right for the character I have in mind. It's like Iple keeps teasing me! Nyaaah, if he weren't quite so big I'd take that Tedros, broke or not, butt-chin or not . . . He's just too hot! I figure that there will be a Tedros-y SID along sooner or later though, although Storm may grow on me. He's got the right sort of cheekbones *sigh*.

Asa's lovely, of course. I wasn't so keen on her at first compared to Ashanti but every owner pic I've seen has knocked me out of my chair - I think she's an absolutely amazing sculpt in every version. Soo reminds me far more of Freezia than of Vito, although there is that same kind of vulnerability to her. While she's not for me, I bet people could do some really neat things with her. And the costumes are looking genuinely Japanese, which isn't always how these things work out.

8. I like a new boy Storm, he's so gentle ^^
      And his costume is so-o wonderful, even prefer his to Teodor's.

9. They have told me twice that they might release one this year. I hope they plan on doing so, even if they didn't unveil him with the Tokyo theme. Let's keep our fingers crossed. :)

Oh, we think alike! I would love a brown Akando for a latino character I have in mind. I know everyone loves Tedros, but his face doesn't quite do it for me.

10. Tedros in brown skin would be a real problem.
      I just got my hands on the circus master, and frankly love this guy to the point "twin"sounds very attractive :shudder

The costume is another point that keeps me waiting right now.
      Iplehouse seems to have done a good job keeping the most features of kimono right, and adding some spice at the same time.

11. I'm liking the new teaser of Storm's face a lot. More mature than Lee which is exactly what I was wishing for.

I love my Noctarcana Tedros so much that I'm thinking I should pass on the tan one. They'd be too close to each other. I don't like to do duplicate sculpts. I got by with it with my two Yurs because their coloring and faceups were so different. But that wouldn't be the case with Tedros.

12. Maybe they were just passing through? :lol:

13. My Tedros isn't Italian! These guys are ethnoambiguous enough to be from anywhere. <3

I don't seriously want twin Tedroses (Tedrii?) either, but gawd! - how TEMPTING the idea. :whee: Om nom nom.

Could get one with beard, one without beard; one tawny, one brown.... Oh, I'll just stop that line of thought right now.

14. I realized yesterday that I,ve lost the battle to try to resist the brown version or sell my RS version, so yeah...........I'm gonna have 2 living with me, LOL! I"m going to have the brown version painted differently by a friend of mine, so they won't look identical. Brothers are good though...................I just can't resist that brown version. I love that resin too much. And I'm already attached to Mencheres (my RS Tedros) the way he is, so I can't see letting him go either. I might as well just sign my paycheck over to Iplehouse.

15. I hope they release them later this month, then I will have the money to get Tedros full set! I really need a SD girl, but this Tedros is keeping me more occupied. My plans have changed yet again.

16. Hahaha, I wondered if you'd be in the same boat as me! XD Girrrrrl, this is the day we've been waiting for.... but now that it's here, did we predict it'd be this hard to give up the realskins?... ;; I think so.

Kudos to you - twiiiiiiiiiins. <3 I envy you having the space option! I can't fit twins in here, so someone has to make the decision.

17. Well, I"m moving my MA Corvi out to make room for the brown skin Tedros................space is becoming an issue with me too. Now I jsut hope Iple slows it down and bit and releases some tinies or more JID's or something that isn't going to tempt me as much, LOL!

18. Oh my god.... Nooooo, no no no!

I was planning on ordering a normal skinned Tedros by the end of this month and dying him darker for a Latino character of mine, now they have to do THIS?!

Oh god, noooo.... I may have to get this one instead, since I missed out on the NC version *shivers* <3 Wonder how much more hes gonna be?

19. I hope he is not too much more than the NC version, but I gather he will be because of his skin tone. I really need him full set, so he can guard my other dolls when I am at work.

20. The NC Circus Master edition Tedros was pricey ($1050 without the cane or chimera-parts); Luo Strongman was the heftiest pricetag yet for a fullset ($1200); maybe Tokyo Tedros will be that or less. But I swear that brown resin is worth a little price-hike. As soon as I took Radu out of the box into the natural light, my jaw absolutely hit the floor. Suddenly, wha?... Dollars? What are dollars?

Here, if it'll help envision the color, here's Radu wearing the Tedros Circus Master coat. ^^ Several shades darker than realskin.

(J., I'm so sad to hear that beautiful Corvi will be leaving. ;;_;; But that will free up a giant chunk of space, enough for twins at least.)