1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse Toyko Story dolls discussion! New SID boy Storm & SID girl Soo

Jul 7, 2010

1. Hey, so that's what Storm's wearing - a wedding hakama? :D Right down to the pompoms and medallions! Excellent. Anybody know if Tedros's is, too?

We happened past a few early-October weddings while we were in Japan too, and saw a lot of those marshmallow headdresses. It made the weddings easy to spot. ^^

2. Hee . . Isn't it fun to see the "real" thing, Raquel!! . . By the way, how is Miss Dunn handling all those new friends? Show us some more of the things you have made for them!! I still think you need to just run over and bring the family with you! ^_^

3. It's great, isn't it, JennyN! I loved coming across that photo.. and it was pure accident. Inspiration comes from many sources . . :)

Did you take any photos of the "marshmellow" headdresses? . . Would love to see!! October is a great time for a weeding.. (Yes, that was on purpose . . <vbg> )

4. Naa, I tried & failed to get a snapshot of the best wedding as we passed it - my telephoto lens isn't as good as yours. ;; That's amazing... stripes and all... man, how cute are those striped pants...

In Kyoto we did pass one of those "dress tourists up like a geisha" photoshoots that Justkatie was talking about... and in Sagano-Arashiyama I did catch a snapshot of three passing schoolboys in hakamas on the street. It's guerrilla photography! But I failed at the weddings. I didn't even notice what the groom (or groomsmen) was wearing, just that I wanted a picture of that marshmallow headdress. So, I wonder if Tedros's outfit was inspired by anything as formal too?

5. Sherry, It almost looks like Iplehouse copied that photo!

6. Congratulations on your Storm, Quirked! Stripes and pompoms - it doesn't get much better then that. I, too, see Akando on owner pics of Storm - looks to me like his younger brother.

Sherry - your picture is fabulous. It does look like Iple must have used their photo for Storm's outfit. Is it just me, or does the bride look a little frightened? :ablink:

7. Peach, thank you! And goodness... your Tedros is wonderful! His eyes are so intense, peeking out from underneath that mop of hair! :aheartbea

Sherry, I agree 100% that Iple is killing us. Or at least our wallets. The TS version of Tedros made me kind of wish that my Storm's grandfather (father's side) was an angrier looking man, or that I could stand to have his great-great grandfather (mother's side) in EID size (totally doesn't deserve to be allowed to take up that much space in doll form xD). That picture you posted is awesome, and I wonder if that is where Iplehouse got its inspiration for the design of Storm's outfit! Though the prospect of it being a wedding hakama, as JennyNemesis mentioned just sent my boy fleeing. xD He may have found his girl, but I don't think either of them are that into the idea of settling down just yet. ;)

Mysticaldolldreams, thank you! And yes, the stripes and pompoms are a wonderful combo! :XD: I was wondering if I was the only one that saw a bit of Akando in him -- it totally works, because I'm getting an Akando to be his grandfather (Sexy Grandpa, yes?).

8. Was gonna say, that bride looks stressed. Oh sister. :sweat Well, marriage is hard. All that paperwork.

Storm has a little bit of a lot of his cousins/uncles in that face! I see a different "bloodline" every time I look at him. In the middle bit of Quirked's photoshoot, he even turned into a dead ringer for boy!Cocori. Akando is in there too, and Tedros and Mars and Barron and Vito... depending on the angle....

9. I'm afraid that I don't have too much to show yet, Sherry. ^.^"
      I'm in the midst of full-skirted 1950's party dress, but it's very much "in process" and the other dress I've done, a 1960's mini sheath dress...I haven't gotten around to taking any photos of! Hehe. I'll see what I can do and email you something. ^_~

The bride did look quite...emotional in that wedding. XD
      Maybe she just had an itch at the back of her knee under the three layers of kimono she was wearing. Hehe.

10. Thanks Quirked.
      When I was in Japan, I also saw a Japanese traditional wedding and now I see the comparison, it looks like Storm's fullset outfit is inspired by it. It looks fantastic.

11. That was what made me order a Storm in spite of the bad Iple pictures. I knew he'd be great just because he was so Iple looking!

12. ROFL . . Yes, that is some telephoto lens, huh JennyN?

I wonder what they would do if you walked in and asked them to do up your BJD? :lol: That would be more fun than dressing up one's self! At least we doll lovers would tend to think very highly of it. Loved the photos! "Just spying on the people". . ^_^ It would be fun to know on the costumes . . heck, it would be fun to just sit and visit with the folks at Iple House!

JennyN: <Naa, I tried & failed to get a snapshot of the best wedding as we passed it - my telephoto lens isn't as good as yours. ;; That's amazing... stripes and all... man, how cute are those striped pants...

In Kyoto we did pass one of those "dress tourists up like a geisha" photoshoots that Justkatie was talking about... and in Sagano-Arashiyama I did catch a snapshot of three passing schoolboys in hakamas on the street. It's guerrilla photography! But I failed at the weddings. I didn't even notice what the groom (or groomsmen) was wearing, just that I wanted a picture of that marshmallow headdress. So, I wonder if Tedros's outfit was inspired by anything as formal too?
      >

nancy_schroeder_ca What copy, Nancy?? Where?. . What'd I miss? . . .

mysticaldolldreams Now Clara . . Just because someone is swinging a katana around and threatening people, is no reason to be frightened?? Especially at a weeding . . :)

Quirked: <I agree 100% that Iple is killing us. Or at least our wallets. The TS version of Tedros made me kind of wish that my Storm's grandfather (father's side) was an angrier looking man, or that I could stand to have his great-great grandfather (mother's side) in EID size (totally doesn't deserve to be allowed to take up that much space in doll form xD). That picture you posted is awesome, and I wonder if that is where Iplehouse got its inspiration for the design of Storm's outfit! Though the prospect of it being a wedding hakama, as JennyNemesis mentioned just sent my boy fleeing. xD He may have found his girl, but I don't think either of them are that into the idea of settling down just yet.
      >

It's a slow death . . and what a great way to go! ;) Starved by beauty and hunks! Okay.. I got a bit mixed up on who's father is whom .. but what the heck! Iple family is good . . LOL, well if he doesn't want to get married yet, just get him a girlfriend and hope they stay good friends. From the looks of Iple's line up.. there could be young ones coming?

JennyN: <Was gonna say, that bride looks stressed. Oh sister. Well, marriage is hard. All that paperwork.
      >

Come to think of it, have you ever been to a wedding that at least one person wasn't stressed? ;)

Lady Ravenswood: <The bride did look quite...emotional in that wedding. XD
      Maybe she just had an itch at the back of her knee under the three layers of kimono she was wearing. Hehe.>

That's it, Raquel!! A flea!! There is a flea under all that ancient garb!
      . . And I guess that means you aren't coming anytime soon? . . Drat the luck!

Peach, gee you see it, too? Maybe the pompoms? . .

Patrice: <That was what made me order a Storm in spite of the bad Iple pictures. I knew he'd be great just because he was so Iple looking!>

It's really odd... you turn them one way and they show their family resemblance, and then again . . they can look so different. Cherie and Soo don't seem to have any Iple look alike to them.. I wonder if Eva will? Have some pics of some of the girls here.. just to show their different appearances, and yet.. there is still that Iple quality in there.

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...and-SID-women!&p=6968297&posted=1#post6968297

13. Sherry, I was just commenting on how perfectly Storm's outfit matches that wedding picture! Perhaps it is a traditional outfit.

14. ^ I was randomly poking on the internet and it does seem to be the traditional wedding kimono for a man.

Sorry Sherry, no immediate plans for a trip . T.T
      We'll have to find a way to get together at some point so the dolls and the two of us can all mingle in person.

I worked up the courage to put the kimono on Nightingale again this afternoon, and I think I am getting better. If you don't mind another photo of the full-set, I can add one here.
      I actually folded the top kimono over so that both layers were at ankle length. It looks really sharp. Hehe, plus I put the katana on her belt and she took to it right away. I had her hand holding the hilt...and when I went to changer her pose, she didn't want to let go! I had to add another sash to tuck the katana under though, the girls' kimono were definitely not made to wear a katana with.

[​IMG]

Ooh! But I have a question:
      Has anyone left their Asa in the full-set for any length of time, and has there been any staining?
      I'm a bit anxious to leave Nightingale in her kimono since the inner one is lined in black, but I'm also nervous about washing them because it is delicate fabric and...well, the inner kimono is white and black. ^.^"
      Eheh.

15. My girl is in her kimono full time and I haven't noticed any staining yet. I did get a small amount off the head-cap of the wig, but soaked it in vinegar water, and there were no more issues afterward. Not a problem for you, of course, as your doll is in a totally different wig. Nightengale looks lovely! It would be cool if she had a wakizashi or tanto rather than a kimono. Shorter and -- I bet -- easier with those sleeves! I wish Iplehouse would sell a few of those for their Tokyo Story dolls!

16. Ah, good to know. Thank you, MagicBunny! ^_^
      I may be getting better at dressing her in the kimono...but I still have not figured out how to style her default wig in to anything that looks like a hair style and not just a bunch of hair in a pile!

But yes, the katana is rather long on the women. She won't really be using it though, so it's just for fun. ^_~

17. ooooh, Nigtingale looks like she fits every definition of the word 'FIERCE', Lady Ravenswood! :)

18. No ma'am, she sure doesn't want to let that sword go. :D What a fabulous getup!! She wears it as well as she wears the sword.

19. After my first disappointment about my Tedro's head cap last week, I finally found some time to play with my dark boy yesterday - and I never spent any thought about this small incidental problem again, and never will - because his body, his skin - the whole man - is so breath-taking, I can't and won't think of anything else!!!!!

I've posted some of the first pictures of him now, if you like to meet him :D

[​IMG]
      Please visit his gallery tread

20. Headcap? What headcap?.... :aheartbea Oh yay! I'm glad you have accepted the man, headcap-and-all. He's really too much to resist. Deeelicious.