1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse Toyko Story dolls discussion! New SID boy Storm & SID girl Soo

Jul 7, 2010

1. This is making me laugh so much, as I've spent an awfully long time since the first Tedros release looking at this guy

[​IMG]

and thinking...Its not a traditional setting but Tedros would make the perfect Chris Valentine from Last Client...I LOVE him in this resin colour. Way more than the Realskin....:...(

Cannot...repeat...cannot buy him. Esp. after Williams mega attack on my PP. :sweat

Storm is supercute too. Though I am seeing him as Akando and Tedros' baby more than Vito and Tedros.

2. Oh my. With the new thumbnail picture of Storm... I think my YID boy (Real Skin Mars) might be getting an upgrade. Storm has somewhat of a Mars-esque vibe, but he's also got a touch of Akando there (which would be great for my YID boy's character; if Iple ever released Akando in Brown skin that would totally be his grandfather). He's a bit mature-looking as is to be my crazy-ass Tarek, but I think with a custom faceup with brows that are a little less angled and angry/serious looking he could look a bit younger. Having him in SID form would make him even bigger than he is now, but the SID male body has proportions (and jointing) that I prefer. :aheartbea

3. Ooooh, that sounds nice! Not the pricetag, but I'll swallow the gasp of air at it and just smile, haha. Just keep repeating to oneself: He is worth it, he is worth it

4. Jenny Nemesis- Oh yeah that made my mind up completely!! I know I will have to get this man even if my dolls have to sit on his lap for room on the bench.

5. :o

But... money... saving.... ;_; I need Iplehouse fairies too, so they can bring me all four! Soo is so adorable, and Storm is absolute YUM! It doesn't really help that Asa is one of my favourite sculpts ever. Tedros could be her lover.. bodyguard... thing, whatever, I just need an excuse for getting him <.<

Edit: I screwed up my spelling on Tedros xD

6. No kidding - Asa will TOTALLY want a pet Tedros of her very own. ^^ A girl needs a pet.

Sylvian, he is so utterly Last Client. :whee: Actually, methinks Tedros has made many different appearances as many different Swarthy Brooding Semes in many different comics over the years! He's a classic BL archetype. <3 Love it. And Storm, there, he's the Swarthy Brooding High-School version Seme....

7. ...but then you went and put it in my head and I can't afford to do him and Asa. *open weeping ensues*

I really, really was twisting over not being able to get the version of Kamau in that skin tone, because holy WOW he was yummy. I suppose since there are two versions of the body, you could -technically- have one model and one superhero, too, and have that difference, too...

Gah. No. No no no bad bad bad brain. New computer before hot twins. New computer helps pay for future hot twins. *twitch*

8. I think Soo may have to be mine-if she is released in NS that is. I'd be too scared to own the beautiful pale real skin she probably has in the Tokyo Story version. I knew, I just KNEW, Iple would make this doll for me, lol. They've really upset me by creating the 3 dolls (Cherie, Lee and Soo) that perfectly embody these characters I have. In the just 2 pics of her so far, Soo has such beautiful, tragic expressions. Color me impressed. I'm much less impressed with Storm, but that isn't to say I don't think his sculpt is probably beautiful. I think the heavy make up may be clouding my judgement of him.

Asa: oh my god, what can I say about her? She looks simply amazing. She reminds me of Gong Li in Memoirs of a Geisha. 'Nuff said. Tedros is my favorite EID guy and I have to say I was a little freaked out by his Tokyo character. He almost looks like a different sculpt. The more I look at him the more he is growing on me, though. He's different, but different is a good thing. I really like the facial hair he is sporting.

I am definitely sending my boyfriend out to the Fairy House to get a look at these guys before he leaves Tokyo--and making him take pictures for me while he's there. BOY do I wish I could see them all in person!

9. I must have Tedros.

10. LOL short, sweet and to the point. I agree ;)

11. Heehee, I'd like Storm, he looks very classic Iplehouse boy, like RyuShin and Mars. I wonder what those lips look like without makeup... he might be replacing the character I got Kamau for ;-;

12. Oh mah gawd. I should know better than to slip back in here if both you and JennyNemesis are here!!

Here I was being all happy that all my latest round of tests came back negative. Now I'm sure I'm catching an awful case of EID. You'd think someone my age would know better...

(yeah, I know. Lame jokes...)

But... Tedros. Grabbyhands.

13. I do believe I'm in trouble.

I've been lusting after Tedros since the NC Ringmaster version, but got 'serious' about BJD's after that order period ended. I'm SUPER glad they're releasing another yummy brown version, since I'm also in the camp that believes this is the 'best' skin tone for this guy...

My incoming Akando (insert double-entendre here) is a Superhero boy, & I've always thought Tedros would look amazing on a Model body so, well... that takes care of that 'problem' :lol:

now I just have a couple of decisions: 1) Full set or nude doll? 2) How the crap am I gonna pay for this!? :lol:

YES! I'm looking at him thinking he could easily be South Asian, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, North African, perhaps even Maori or any of a number of other Pacific Islander groups. I kind of love that about him. It's going to be interesting to figure out who this guy "is". :)

14. I just noticed that the address given by Iplehouse for their Tokyo exhibit matches the address for the Soom store and sure enough following their blog link takes you there:

http://fairyhouse2010.blog21.fc2.com/

So Iplehouse is showing these dolls along side Soom and School of Rosette!

15. Some of the ladies that get pics monthly of the new Sooms mentioned they would likely become a multi-company showcase store. Talk about a wonderful place to visit! *fans self*

16. I hope we'll get to see pictures of them there.

17. Whilst I am still in awe about how pretty these guys are (Tttttedros! *__*) I'm thinking that unless they are drop dead amazing and fairly reasonably priced I can't justify myself buying one. Siiiiigh. I was so gung ho too! But lol being fiscally responsible.

18. Did you leave that comment on the Tokyo Tedros page about wanting an asian? I asked them in the Q&A about a male asian EID, and this is their response:

We are afraid that we didn't mention that we would release that item..
      There is no certain plan about that but just thinking better way..
      The sale rate of Lee made as Asian man is not high so..we just hesitate to make..
      We had difficulty because there was not many customers to buy that.
      We will appreciate if you understand our circumstance.

Thank you so much ^^

19. Prices are updated ! They are a little less pricey than I feared !
      $830 for naked brown Tedros (too tempted, even if I already own a Circus Master also.... >_<), $610 for Soo, $620 for Asa, and $745 for Storm....
      Damn ! what should I do ???????

20. Buy them ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Ok, sorry...I had a moment of madness.
      :lol:
      I want a Tedros and Soo is growing on me too.
      Oh Merciful Heaven!!!!