1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse Toyko Story dolls discussion! New SID boy Storm & SID girl Soo

Jul 7, 2010

1. *flails* So going to the Soom store, so going to the Soom store!
      I'm liking Storm more now with more pics, although that open mouth is getting in the way . . . Tokyo Tedros is even more amazing from various angles. Asa, though . . . I think that's the most perfect complete doll I've ever seen. She's just . . . wow. Oh, to win the lottery!

2. TEDROS! *squees and falls off chair*

ahem, moving on, I thought I'd like Asa more than Soo, but that SID girl is working her way into my heart as she is perfect for a character of mine. Oh poor wallet, I'm sorry if I have to do this to you xD

3. I thought I'd like Storm more but after seeing his pictures I'll be passing on him. Oh but Tedros. So even though I don't want another Tedros, he'll be getting sort of a brother. I did just ask Iple if I could order his faceup without the beard.

4. Tedros will be mine!! Price is reasonable too, gosh I can wait until he is released! Looks so handsome from every angle in those pics so far!

5. What? A 70cm tan doll for less than a thousand bucks? Daaang! He is a freakin bargain. :aheartbea
      Ohh, it's decision time, Hassan, let's go out for a beer and think this over.

6. Does anyone want masses of pictures of these guys? :)
      I'm off to Fairy House in a few days to take picture of the new Soom dolls, so it won't be hard to snap these dolls too!
      I'd heard they were bringing Iplehouse dolls over for display, but hadn't realized it was going to be so soon!

7. YES YES!!! Take tons of pics of Tedros and Storm!! I got to make a choice between this yummy looking brown skin Tedros or the normal skin Tedros. I will have Tedros, just making the choice on which 1 I should get.

8. Oh man, I can't believe it didn't occur to me earlier but I can't get tabi feet for my Evan... They'd be the Brown skin which would never match his Realskin. Got all caught up in the excitement. Fingers crossed for a future option part.

Now about that sword, what's it made of? Is it like those little replica swords? It doesn't seem shiny enough. Is it a resin part? I don't suppose anyone with a Sword Dance Kamau wants to speculate?

9. That'd be from their latest notice. I am really hoping that means just 'no gifts for layaway buyers', not 'no layaways will be accepted during the event period'. It isn't entirely clear.

10. I'm sure that is the case and what the mean is that the free gift is only available for first 30 who order and pay in full.

I see that Iple added the no beard option for Tedros' faceup so deleted my question about that to them.

11. Is anyone else hoping that he just comes with standard feet & hands, in addition to the tabi feet & sword hands? It doesn't say anywhere whether these are included...hrm...time to visit the Q&A board.....

ETA: aight, I posted this question on the Q&A, will post their response here for those who are as curious as I am on this one. :)

I just read the full notice:

My understanding from this is that this gift event is separate from the "free sword w/the first 30 purchases of TS Tedros" event (TWO EVENTS!!! WOOT!!!) & that it's only for orders paid in full during the event period, not that layaways won't be accepted during this period. :)

/KnowItAll

12. Yeah, wait until they're actually finished building the sales pages first, before showering them with questions about options. Most of these mysteries will be solved at the same time then. For some reason, it sometimes takes forever for the full range of Options dropdown menus to appear on the sales page... And their full descriptor & information text always comes at the last minute, too.

(But often they do copy-and-paste stuff wrong onto their sales pages... so if something still looks incomplete or inaccurate after the sale starts, then we nag them. ^^)

I too am eager to hear the tabi foot options! If they're getting Tabi feet basically, I'll bet good money that there will be a drop-down option to buy Regular feet too. Or, perhaps both will be included automatically-- like the way Strongman came with both fist-hands & regular hands.

13. Heh, I'm just too full of "SQUEEEE"-type energy, what w/my SE Akando on his way & now TEDROS!!! :aheartbea :lol: Time to play the patient game...which means I need to be not near the computer for a while. ;)

14. I'm guessing we'll get normal feet like we always get high heeled with the girls. I wonder if Soo and Asa will end up having 3 feet like the Noctarcana Luna.

15. Ok, I had just decided that I only want to collect Fairyland tinies and I stumbled across on the BJDCollectasy site. :doh

Tedros is just sooooo stunning:aheartbea

How is their poseability? Can they stand on their own? And how long can you do a layaway with Iplehouse?

16. You can do a 3 month layaway and I have seen them stand on their own. :) I don't have one and I haven't played with one, so I can't say anything on the poseability.

17. Yikes! That's $400/month! (<--- wants the fullset.)

18. Iplehouse's Layaway FAQ mentions that longer layaways are possible, but that there are add'l fees if it's longer than 3 months. I don't know of anyone who has taken advantage of this, so I can't say how strict they are on charging that fee.

JennyNemesis made a super helpful posing demonstration thread here w/her IH EID Pierrot Akando. The poseability on these dudes is pretty hot! :) Also, I've played a good bit w/an EID Sword Dance Kamau & was impressed w/the poseability in person. They're hefty, so it can take a bit more "umph" to get them to do what you want, but they really are very pliable once you know how they like to be handled.

/enabling

19. I will get Tedros even if it means sending in a dollar or two everyday, I wanted him before but this new color has me obsessed. I'm almost ready to order the fullset but I know it would be better not to because I would be changing his look so often. I love Iple's way of doing facial hair so I must have it. Has anyone had a problem with the MSC and cloudiness with this color or RS like some of the darker tans?

20. For real, starzzz, handling these EID guys takes some getting used to-- just getting accustomed to muscling their limbs around takes awhile. They pose really nicely, but you have to work for it! If Bijan's old arrival-and-body-expo thread can still help show people what to expect, then that doll has certainly earned his keep. ^^

Now I have to get this out of my system: What selfcentered assmonkey wrote that comment on Tedros's order-page about how "WE are so disappointed" because the Tedros sculpt is neither new nor Asian, and "WE" suddenly can't trust Iplehouse anymore? Because they failed to read somebody's mind & obey someone's personal desires? -_- Whoever you are, speak for yourself, and put a lid on that "We"-Speak. It's not "we", it's you. The rest of us already understand how reality works. Gaah, that entitled attitude makes me sick.

*whew* OK, that feels much better. Thank you for sitting through my rant. Carry on!