1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Box Opening Still Fun?

Nov 17, 2009

1. i love it do i only have open 1 and waiting fo my second i dont think i will ever get bored

2. I've only opened 8 doll boxes before, but I can honestly say that the excitement is still there. Not sure if I'll be saying that when I'm on... say... my 20th box opening though lol.

I think I'll probably still be excited, but just not as eager to think up box opening photostories for every single doll I get :sweat

3. I have three dolls and I still find the idea of the arrival of my next doll really exciting. It's a terribly addictive hobby! D;

4. I don't really get excited if I'm opening a box for a split. It makes it work, not fun! I definetely get really excited if it's something just for me though. I've done eight openings so far, and only been really excited about two. My first resin ever, and my first real doll. I don't get excited about bodies, it means I have to get those floating heads their eyes and wigs and spend more money. :sweat

5. Just openend my ninth girl and yes, it's just as exciting!
      I've never been much for photographing them, but it's still fun as always. Each doll is different, and seeing them for the first time is a sort of precious moment.

6. Heheh, JennyN, I'm the same, I get a thrill from receiving snail mail -- though in my case even junk addressed to me is exciting. Just because I get so few letters in the mail! (Bills come through e-mail nowadays. :XD:)

I love box openings (though I've only had two full dolls arrive so far), it's always exciting to see this particular doll, this particular sculpt, for the first time. I did post a Box Opening thread for my first doll, it was such a novel idea then. The novelty has worn off though. ;)

7. I'm waiting on numbers 10, 11, and 12, and believe me, the box openings never get old. Nor does the wait ever get easier. XD

8. OH YES.....Sooooo much fun.....I nearly tackled the poor postman yesterday as he came up the pathway...lol...the box was so big he had to carry it inside for me (don't worry he knows about my dollies and he likes them!).......I just couldn't wait to rip into the box and get my dollie out... it's so exciting...nothing else compares to a "box opening"....it's a real high!...:fangirl:..and then you can't stop staring at the doll.....I'm still on a high from my "box opening" from yesterday....can you tell...lol....;)

xen :)

9. Yes.

It's *always* fun to open a new doll box, no matter how many other little resin minions you have. :lol:

10. Still fun for me after 6!
      The last one in particular was exciting because I never had to wait longer than a week to get my doll before, and it was my first SD :D

Am I the only one who likes to kind of drag out the moment by taking lots of pictures? Must savor box opening! lol

11. I still get excited! #8 is on the way and I'm going crazy! waiting is horrible! lol

12. The box opening is what I enjoy the most from this hobby (along with photography). I even get utterly excited when I'm waiting for a pair of shoes for my doll :lol:

13. After more than 40 box openings, I still get excited, I still take pictures, I still feel my heart in my throat. I don't -post- box opening very often anymore, but I still take the pictures for my own memories.

14. Each and every one! :)
      :lol: Me too! I still do the reverent hush and gentle lift of the body.... the careful unwrapping... I just don't have time to get the camera and think of anything witty to share. ;)
      So many times now, I'm either opening at work and trying to be stealthy about it (yeahright - ~I~ can be stealthy about it, but my coworkers????), or my husband has had to pick the box up from the post office for me, and I get the box after work, when it's dark, and there's no way in heck I'm going to wait for daylight just for some crazy pictures! ;) Must. Molest. Doll. Now. :mwahaha

Oh, and absolutely, to everything JennyNemesis said! (per usual) :lol:

15. Yep still just as exciting. I text my best friend as soon as a box arrives. Sometimes I can handle waiting till hubby gets home to do the full opening, but if I'm having a really bad day or just too excited I tear into the box right away. Sometimes I get out other members of the "family" for the opening. Just depends on my mood and where the character fits in. I wouldn't order a doll in the first place if I wasn't excited to have them here.

16. It never gets old, 30+ in, I can hand on heart say I've loved the arrival of them all, and I remember the arrivals still! It doesn't matter if they're second hand or straight from the company, there's never going be to a time when opening a box and seeing a face isn't a happy making experience for me :)

17. I only have one doll atm, but have a head on order, and hopefull will get the body for Christmas. While I havent technically opened a second BJD package, I still feel as excited if not more excited than with my first.
      My first doll, I was a bit worried about how I'd feel. If I'd really get into BJDs as much as I felt I would. But since I know the answer to that is "HELL YEAH!", that worry is gone. So the excitment is pure instead of slightly tained by worry. Every new doll is like getting a new pet or having a child. One after the other is still just as exciting as the first, and on the plus side, you can be even more excited because that worry of 'I hope this turns out well' is much more subdued.

It's an exciting hobby XD
      :)

18. Sure is! I make mine into stories as I go along. Totally unscripted, but people seem to like them and I have fun doing them :)

19. Chaypeta has a point. I completely agree with her 100%

20. I love unwrapping any package I've been waiting for, so a Doll is a great big heck yes! Like others though, the pictures aren't so big for me. Even with my first doll, my Delf, I was doing it more because I thought I SHOULD, less because I felt the need to. Her laying naked covering herself doesn't charm much lol. The pictures I took a few minutes later, all done up and dressed are the ones I love.