1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Box Opening Still Fun?

Nov 17, 2009

1. I dont think anything could take away the thrill of seeing the dolls face for the first time. Even if you've opened dozens of boxes, you still get that rush when you open up a doll, because it is THAT doll you are opening. :)

2. no longer. its become a frustration just to get to the doll.

3. Oh, it's definitely the best part. Like a your own personal Christmas every time you open the box. :D I love that new, first meeting feeling.

4. Just a note. I just received the two I had been waiting on from CustomHouse last night.

Though not as nerve wracking as the first couple times, it's still just as exciting to open the box. Probably more fun, because you know by now kind of what to expect. The giddyness of checking the tracking and opening the box is still there even if the new doll excitement doesn't last as long as it used to because I'm used to having them after being around the BJD world for a few years.

The box opening itself is still fun. :3 Cow. Print. Pillows.

5. I don't usually make any kind of ceremony or shoot out of the actual box opening. One reason is that I get my mail held, pick it up, and end up savaging my way through the cardboard in the car on the way home. (Yes, sometimes while NOT driving. Depends on the size of the box.)

I'm just so focused on the first view of the doll in person, the box(es) are incidental. But yes, even after many dolls, and/or separate heads or bodies, that thrill of seeing them is still there. Each one will be a completely different story character, each one has its own quirks and specialness. Even when a doll doesn't work out (has happened on occasion), I'm still half in love with them and selling is never clearcut or easy.

6. even with 30+ dolls, I still love box opening day ;_;

7. Is this some kind of trick question? :lol: Of COURSE it's still fun! I don't really do box opening story things anymore, but that's only because I'm too eager to rip that sucker open. Seriously! My hands shake and everything. The anticipation just builds and builds until that moment when you get it open!
      It's really fun to see them for the first time. I don't think that will ever go away. All the time you spent planning, then saving, then waaaaaiting... It's like seeing a plan come to fruition. Which doesn't happen that often XD
      Actually, I find that I enjoy each new box opening more than the last. I guess the anxiety of "oh, is it okay for me to have something so expensive? Will I even like it?" decreases, so the excitement increases.
      Hope that made sense :lol:

8. Even after 40 something, yes! I mean, the doll may not look exactly like the picture, so I love opening the box!

9. Yes it's still fun, even after 11 dolls for me.

10. I don't really have a lot of room to talk seeing as I only have one doll to speak of, but I do remember there being an excitement to a box opening, mainly because I saved up for it myself with my allowance. :) But I don't see the major thrill in box opening pics...at the time, I had a crappy camera and my parents didn't particularly like the idea of me photographing something nude. xD

11. It's absolutely still fun! I love opening the boxes and seeing how different companies package their dolls, or what little goodies some companies send. x3
      But most of all, when you've ordered a doll and spend weeks and months waiting for it, finally having it in your arms is a wonder in itself.

12. Only had 3 box openings myself, but the second and third were just as exciting as the first. I even get excited when I receive doll clothes and wigs in the mail. It's kind of embarrassing because it's always the same courier delivering them all... lol. xD; She must think I'm strange for being so excited about all the parcels she delivers. Haha.

13. OMG I can't wait for my sixth doll to get here! *hurry, hurry, hurry, hurry, hurry*

14. no, christmas isnt any fun to me anymore. because the santa isnt real in my head anymore.
      BUT im getting my third doll, and as excited as first! for the beauty, love, price and wait, its not ever going to change.!

15. Boxopening gives me the best feeling ever. I get all hyped up and excited xD Especially if it's a doll I didn't get from a certain company before.
      I love to take pictures of the stages, and I love to look at the other boxopening threads.
      Slowly unwrapping a doll is just so much fun. Oh a hand! Oh a foot! yaaaay :lol:

16. I now have 8 dolls but with two beeing made/on the way. I don't know who'll come here first but I always was excited and it was always fun. ^^
      To look at your doll the first time, to check how well she's been made, to try wigs and clothes prepared, to smell the resin. Ah, I really still like it. :D

17. Even after 12 dolls over 8 years, I still get excited when a new shipping box shows up on my doorstep.

18. Absolutely =^___^= It's definitely a lot of fun - maybe not the ceremony itself, but the great excitement of the "what's behind those tons of wrapping materials?" Besides, most of my doll openings happen in someone's company, so this also leaves a lot of sweet memories :)

19. Absolutely yes, the excitement still there everytime as in first time :aheartbea

20. Yes,of course~!I mean,it's a lot of fun to receive a package。Moreover,it's a new doll which I have been waiting for months~!