1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is collecting BJD's your only hobby? Which hobby came first?

Jun 23, 2014

1. My other hobbies include horses (I have two), judo, music (Metal, punk), reading books and comics(fantasy, horror, scifi, history), sewing, knitting, photographing, collecting other kinds of dolls and well, as you can tell from my username Star Wars.

2. i have a maaanyyy hobbies like collecting books, anime stuffs and others. right now i do not own yet a bjd, though i have dolls here but it is a porcelain doll ^U^

3. Pretty much, as far as actual "hobbies" go. I have other things I certainly enjoy, like movies, and reading etc. but not sure those would be hobbies.

4. I am also an avid gamer! :blush I spend almost as much on games as I do on dolls so I'd say... equally? Sometimes I plan and "rotate" my budget between gaming and collecting BJDs, like when I was on hiatus for a bit from the BJD world, I spent more on gaming, and now I'm back into the BJD world again I am trying to spend a little less on gaming to balance out the budget. It's pretty hard trying to maintain two "expensive" hobbies LOL (at least to me since I spend a lot on both of them). But I guess I'll manage... somehow.... I also enjoy drawing, which is obviously a cheaper hobby to have LOL, but sadly drawing takes time and it's one thing I'm severely lacking in.... the other thing being money lmao. :barf

5. I'm a decoden artist, and surprisingly; that's the hobby that got me into BJD's! I've seen quite a few others stores who collect Pullip's and BJD's in general! Although I'd seen bits and pieces on Youtube which was my introduction to the hobby (mainly Andreja's channel) it was seeing other decoden artists collecting the dolls that really got me into the hobby! :)

6. I have a few different hobbies. My first hobbies in life was probably scrapbooking, writing, and reading books. My Dad is a programmer, and taught me computers pretty early on as well, so that lead to gaming. When I was an older child my Mom showed me her small porcelain doll collection, and allowed me to dust and brush their hair. I then got into other dolls such as Barbie, and my Mom got me Molly an American Girl Doll.

I was a teen when I found my first BJD while searching for other types of Dolls, but they were way out of reach price wise then. In college I got into an anime club, taught myself how to make website layouts, and started crocheting. I also found myself enjoying Ceramic classes as electives, and that is when I started polymer clay sculpting which eventually turned into a business for a few years. Then I met my now husband, graduated college, had a couple kids so life got busy lol.

It wasn't until recently that I revisited BJDs which is now an affordable hobby. I still love to read, write, play games, play with clay, and watch anime as well.

7. My hobbies are art, collecting anime merch from time to time, and comics! I'm hoping that I can participate in BJDs with a good amount of passion and fervor ^u^

8. Actually, modifying Monster High/Ever After High dolls came first! I had a girl-crush on the MH dolls and began collecting, and when I faced a too-expensive-right-now commission opportunity, I decided I'd turn my efforts to modding myself. Turned out well! As I got a handle on the hobby, I wanted to try BJDs and well, here I am! I still don't know what I'm doing haha.

9. Jewelry making led me sort of indirectly back to model horses, which I'd loved as a child.

Model horses led to artist resin horses, resins led to gaming minis, and when my spouse got into BJDs, I sort of followed along for the ride. I started at "well, I won't buy one, I'll admire yours," and then after I ended up accidentally breaking, and then fixing, Spouse's off-topic doll*, I started thinking I might like my own.

I like small things and I cannot lie. :D

*I have an excellent spouse who waited for me to figure out how to fix her, and learn the skills to do it.

10. I started off collecting miniatures. Then I started making miniatures. ^^ After that I found little dolls to use the miniatures. :D!! Then I wanted some interesting clothes for the dolls. <: ) Now I'm finding various size dolls I want to work on. @_@;;

11. Collecting dolls was my first hobby. but it's definitely not my only one. I love photography, anime and kpop. So I dedicate my time to these things as well.

12. At some point I realized that I only play video games to have cute characters and this hobby is cheaper and not as random, also a lot less time-consuming.

13. i have many hobbies.

• reading books and mangas
      • drawing mangas
      • crafting with fimo
      • collect dolls
      • learning japanese
      because of my love for Mangas, i started to collect Pullip and than BJDs :)

14. I also have a lot of hobbies, and another fairly big one is aquariums, i have 3 tanks now ^^ I love this hobby, and been more or less into it since i was a toddler.
      apart from this i colleckt moomin mugs (if some of you know this)
      and i paint.

To have a hobby is super cool and healty.

15. Cosplay is my main hobby that kinda led me to the doll collecting, definitely influenced my need to make the dolls cosplay too lol

16. Growing up I always had miniatures for war games and the like, and enjoyed craft hobbies. More recently I collected anime figurines, and I enjoy character design, so when I met my partner who introduced me to her BJDs, it was a fairly (expensive) natural progression!

17. Collecting and customising model horses came first (actually after a lot of other hobbies), I also collect kimonos, paint (oils and pastels), do gardening (I've got a little garden) etc etc.

18. Nope, I've been collecting anime figures for around 3 years now. Just started on the BJD hobby and got my first head a few weeks ago (his body is on the way). Another is photography where I can enjoy with my figures and future dolly as my models ;)

19. Pretty much the same for me! ^^

20. I play a lot of video games and read a lot when I remember too lol :sweat. A more active hobby is taking walks. There's a park near me where stray cats chill. Tetsuo and Ponyo like to sit on my lap haha. I also like to draw but haven't done it in awhile :pout: