1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is collecting BJD's your only hobby? Which hobby came first?

Jun 23, 2014

1. I immediately fell in love with BJD and started making their wigs! And I can't stop myself! We already have a whole box of different wigs!

2. Bjds were my first hobby besides playing games of you count it. I just liked these dolls I never wanted a Barbie but I could change everything on a bjd and they were so cute! It’s comforting to have them now. Makes me happy.

3. I have a lot of hobbies. My BJDs have become like a "hub" for my other hobbies. I sew clothes for them, and have made one tiny quilt, and have another unfinished. I make props and food from polymer clay, and have made furniture from cardboard boxes and wood scraps. I write stories about the characters I've created for them, and I have part of my seashell collection that's doll sized. I'm still learning to do face-ups.

I also do art that is not doll related, and human sized quilting projects.

4. I've always loved dolls since I was a kid and telling stories. My first passion would definitely have to be writing and creating characters and stories. With dolls they become characters that I want to write or create a photostory about. I also love to sculpt and create my weird little art dolls (not bjds).

5. I love painting, anime, music and bjd.

6. I run a craft booth in my spare time and crafts have been a HUGE hobby of mine for many years of my life. I went to college for a degree in fine art. That hobby came first but if i hadn't gone to college for it I never would have met the friend that introduced me to BJD. I blame her for this obsession :cool:

7. Bjd aren't my only hobby, actually. I got into bjds way after I got into anime and manga. I still do watch anime, read manga, and I cosplay. I also do plan on wearing lolita, so I'll be spending even more money soon. I honestly feel like I'm only talking about my 'expensive' hobbies, but I do sew and do other small and simple hobbies in my free time.

8. I have loads of hobbies, always learning something new. I love that bjds can encompass so many of my other hobbies by creating things for them :)

9. BJDs are a new hobby. I’ve been sewing since I was a little girl, and knitting and spinning yarn since I was in college. I’ve always had artistic hobbies.

10. A main hobby of mine before getting into dolls was portrait painting. I still love it. Other than that I play a plethora of sports for fun, as well as video games.

11. My Hobby’s are playing video games, drawing, I like to learn/read about DC comics, I like collecting DC figures, I like reading or watching anime (mostly watching) but I like to collect mangas and collect anime figures...and the bjds have become my hobby just recently. I’ve been enjoying it so very much.

12. Hi Hi
      my first hobby is video games :)
      and manga.
      I love that. and I keep my child's soul

13. I collect and customise other dolls which u can no longer buy and a friend got me onto bjd dolls which r gorgeous but expensive so each time i finally get a doll ill take my time to customise it right

14. Before I got into bjds I didn't really do anything creative with my free time. I piddled around with sewing and art projects,but I never focused my energy into anything until I found this hobby. And since then I've developed all sorts of hobbies! Making wigs,tiny doll jewelry,resin crafting,sculpting,making eyes and accessories.

#454 DahliaDevere, Feb 14, 2019
      Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    15. My main hobbies before BJDs were Cosplay and Video Games. Those gave me the inspiration to want to have dolls that I could customize to look like characters I can’t find merchandise of.

16. I also find this a difficult question, I have been infatuated with BJDs for some years now and I also have been making art dolls
      (not BJDs) but after a while I just really wanted to stat collecting them.

17. Before I got into bjds, most of my hobby time was spent on computer games and my freshwater fish. Games have been an interest of mine since forever, and I got into fishkeeping about six or seven years ago? When I consider that the fish are about making miniature ecosystems and the dolls are about making miniature people and scenes, and that I never seem to have enough time or space for everything I want to do with both hobbies, they're not so unrelated.

18. I have always admired BJD's but only started collecting this year. I also collect Charlie Bear for five years and model horses since I was a child as I don't do the horses now (got far too many) I am rather ridiculous pleased how the Pukifee size display well with the model horses

19. I never had a hobby besides video games before BJD. Then once I joined, I picked up several others to create for them! Now I sew, crochet, make dioramas, and felt as hobbies along with BJD collecting.

20. I’ve had many hobbies through the years (there’s a reason I have a dinosaur as my icon!) Building plastic models was probably one of my first hobbies (mostly airplanes and anything sci-fi I could find), shortly followed by table top wargaming and painting the associated miniatures. My life-long love of anime and animation also began back then and continues to this day. During college I didn’t have proper project space, so shifted to collecting- LEGOs and Transformers (toys I was never able to afford as a kid). I got involved in customizing toys with the introduction of G4 My Little Pony- so I did some resin casting and vending during those years. I also started collection some anime figures at that time (and got addicted to Nendoroids)... So bjds are really just one more hobby being added to a very long list. :3nodding: