1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is collecting BJD's your only hobby? Which hobby came first?

Jun 23, 2014

1. Console games, anime... 1/6 dolls and then BJD. I like collecting plushies too. I learned tarot myself for hobby. It is good for telling advice to someone.

2. I’ve started collecting Disney dolls. And accidentally find out about BJDs.
      I also collect Funkos and Amiibos and mugs

3. BJD is my new hobby. I am also in love with kimono collection, anime figure/statue collection, anime, DIY, etc. they keep me busy and occupied which is a good thing. I will consider them equally weighted for me.

4. my whole bjd thing started becuse i got into anime growing up (i grew up in japan so it's hard to escape) but i got really into it and that soon turned into cosplay that turned into anime figure collecting that turned into anime dollfie dreams and now resin characters. i did get a porcelain bjd as a kid when i was 7 and i ended up drawing dolls a lot but i didnt really jump into the world of bjd till i was head deep in the con scene and found the doll sections

5. The first hobby of me is play phone game. Like miracle Nikki. Always love beautiful dresses.

6. This thread really opened my eyes to what the term "hobby" can mean. I apparently have had a very narrow perception of the concept my entire life, and whatever silly things I do never fit into it so when I'd be asked about it in the past my reply was always "I don't have any". In retrospect that explains why people always thought I was weird. I guess they assumed I just didn't like anything (though I wasn't, and still am not, the type to actively volunteer information on things I enjoy IRL so it's a fair assumption).

On topic, I doodle compulsively and tend to channel that into roleplaying shenanigans, mostly for tumblr blogs. That definitely came first haha.

7. I actually only bought my first BJD this Spring, I'm very new to the hobby! I've got quite a few other hobbies and have most of my life, but non-BJD doll collecting has been a big part of my life for a while, I especially like Monster High, Lalaloopsy, and Pullip.

8. I've loved dolls since childhood. I grew up with severe asthma and health issues, so a lot of things could set my asthma off: pets, furry toys like bears, plants, anything! So, dolls were my go to. Now, I collect Reborn Dolls, Blythe dolls, and BJDs! I'd also like to start collecting Kikipop dolls too they are uber cute!

Aside from doll particular collections, I also collect tarot card decks, crystals and Lolita dresses. =^_^=

9. Transformers and miscellaneous action figures are my secondary 'collecting' hobbies. I like to support small artist toys, like Onell Design's Glyos System, or Love And A Sandwich, and similar plush/art doll designers. And I'll pick up the occasional Lego set or Furby.

Otherwise I'm an artist. I draw, compose music, write fiction and parodies, and goof with animation and photo editing. I am currently taking singing lessons. Acting is my primary passion. Once in a great while, I will sculpt or paint something, usually figure-related.

10. I have very little hobbies because I do not have time to invest so much. I adopted bjd as my hobby two years ago because they were too pleasing to my eyes that i couldn't resist the temptation to buy one for myself. Well besides having bjd being added to my life, I have been a muay thai practitioner for 5 years and still going strong. I'm a male and have my feminine and masculine side.

#490 Scarlet C, Jun 1, 2019
      Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    11. I think yes, dolls, Resin, and otherwise are my only hobby with all that it encompasses. Though, I am rather fond of Fae, and Elves, all things mystical, magical, fantasy. Have a nice collection of Resin Faeries, Angels, and Gnomes.

Entering the Resin bjd world began for me years ago, when they popped up in a Google Search, unrelated to what I was
      searching for. (Thanks Google) So beautiful.
      One doll became two, then three, and so on until I had a rather large collection of beautiful dolls. Mostly from ResinSoul, Bobobie, Fantasy Doll, Impldoll, I also love resin bjd pets/companions. (Have mystic kids bunny) and recently Luca from AlicesCollections.

12. I wandered over toward resin from Blythe, which I discovered in a crafting community.. So I am also into arts/crafts, especially swapping artist trading cards.

13. I have wayyyy to many hobbies but the specific hobby that got me into bjds was cosplay. When I was looking for cosplay wigs I came across wigs for dolls. I thought the dolls were cool, did some research, and the rest is history lol.

14. I've been a collector all my life it seems. I used to collect the W.I.T.C.H and Wendy comics as well as vintage porcelain dolls, Bratz, Betty Spaghetti and Lego Bionicle... and also My Little Ponies now that I think about it. I never understood why my mother wouldn't let me collect Polly Pocket and Hamtaro toys as well, but looking back I'm amazed how much she did let me collect general :?

I slowly graduated from and got rid of most of it, and then got into kpop. I've been collecting CDs, DVDs and merchandise ever since and now that I've got my first BJD I'm most likely going to be hoarding myself into needing yet another shelving unit :...( my mother is just happy it's out of my own wallet now.

15. Omg excellent question... For me bjd is new for participating, but I've had hobbies all my life .... Drawing mainly (tho I don't get to so much anymore), archery, MTG, pokemon go/games, vidya games is a new hobby, I have a sewing machine I swear I will learn to sew... I read a lot... anime/manga aaahh but most hobbies are on the back burner right now ...

I guess you could say my hobby is hobbies ? hahaha... when I have time for them that is...time is a precious thing for me these days... :)

16. I had three beautiful Blythe dolls. They were difficult to pose. I gifted them to a friend who is new to the Resin bjd world.

17. I write, read, embroider, knit, and I love cooking. I collect postcards, Christmas ornaments, porcelain clown dolls, and BJDs!

18. Collecting anime figures were my first hobby which only was a few.. so maybe its not collecting at that point... but i did have a bunch of barbies that i really liked and even a couple from Japan back when i was in highschool. during that time or shortly afterwards i found the "momoko" dolls that having some moveable joints. once i got into that size of dolls and clothing then the momoko totally took over where i found obitsus in the same size.

I was at a con and seen BJDs so i looked into that size and found one i liked that was a parabox doll (vinyl) then things got crazy after that with other dolls i started to get and slowly got away from the smaller ones like barbie/momoko/obitsu (this was around 2004, 2006 and later at this point)

19. Playing The Sims is probably my biggest hobby. I started when TS1 came out, so I must've been about 9. Owning BJDs is like having real life Sims, only I'm nicer to the dolls than my Sims :lol:

20. Drawing came first. I got into drawing because of the creation process; I just really enjoy creating characters and world building. I also love the process of looking things up and researching to make the world I'm building more grounded, or the characters/animals more realistic and believable. I got into computers after drawing, and I like to putter around with codes and stuff. My need to create things is probably what led me to BJD. My hobby is creating stuff. I just love to sit down and write ideas down, and then sharpen the ones that stick before I transfer them to drawings, and now BJDs too. ;w;