1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is DOA your place of refuge from the real world?

Aug 16, 2007

1. haha yes totally XD
      When I'm at work and I feel super stressed [of course after I have done what I need to do lol] I'll browse around DoA, marketplace, BJD-opedia, etc...it calms me down because dolls are a huge part of my life ^_^

Of course while browsing the marketplace I'll get hyped up again because of all the gorgeous dolls and clothes and that will get me focused again to work harder, because I want to buy more things ^w^

Sabriell

2. I love the fact there si so much to see and discover and that people are not catty about others dolls. It's like we were taught have nothing nice to say don't say anything. But I love how much I have learned here as well and I can't wait until I am willing to share my gang with you all. I have yet to post a photo story as I fear mine in comparison to others will be lame.

3. Not my refuge from the real world--that's my apartment--but a refuge from boredom. At both my jobs, I have internet access and very little to do much of the time. At the temp job I can read books, but at the library I have to look engaged yet accessible, so I can't (yeah, I know, the irony. Librarianship is full of them :roll: ). I treasure this forum because it's very Work Safe, polite and troll-free, besides being extremely active, intelligent and overloaded with good information. It's become habitual for me to go in, get a cup of coffee, check e-mail, check eBay, then log in to DoA. The other benefit is that, rather than calming me, it gets me excited all over again about getting my boy and playing with him.

4. Definately. The real world... I don't belong in it XD So I generally escape to here, dA, or Gaia. Mostly here these days tho' ^^;

5. Yes. I mean I spend hours on here daily (mainly because atm I'm at my boyfriend's place and he works nights so Kaito and I are the only ones here and he doesn't have cable TV so the net is the only interesting thing to do...and Kaito likes the pretty boys lol.)

6. It has become so for me at the moment. I recently moved across country from MI to OR and only brought what I could fit in my car along with myself, my two cats, my doll and my sister who helped drive. My husband won't be moving out here until the end of September. So it's become one of my few sources of entertainment, and of course I get to ogle others dollies. Looking at dollies can be happiness.

7. in a way yes, when I get home from work I can unwind by spending and hour or so on here...its my down time..a way to forget the stress of the day and just have a little "me" time.

8. Hehe....

Yea, I'd say so. I like hanging out here, mostly because the people here are nice and mature (for the most part). Unfortunately, this also means I tend to neglect things I should actually be doing. Homework, for example. ;p

9. It is a pretty nice feeling when everyone you know is yelling at you to shut up about dolls for ONE MINUTE PLEASE, but when you log on here... it's like the priorities of the world have changed, and there's no one to talk poop about dolls because it's called DEN OF ANGELS and EVERYONE here likes them lol. It's a gathering of the sliver of the human population that enjoys what you enjoy, so whenever you feel down you can come here and talk to inteligent beings (or just lurk lol).

10. While I wouldn't call it an escape, it's a fun place to hang out. There's generally some interesting conversations, beautiful photos & great deals to be found. But for pure escapism, give me a Katherine Kurtz book anyday.

11. Not in the least.

Had you asked me a few months ago, I may have said yes. But more recently DoA has become more a place of so-so feelings rather than anything else. I come to check the marketplace and my subscribed threads, and that's about it.

I agree much with what Kim said.

12. I'd have to say no, I mean I check the Marketplace and lurk in a few topics, even post once in awhile, but I'm not cut out for this community. :sweat I'm too shy.
      I also find some of the drama to be overwhelming, and it becomes a lot like the real world to me.

I think just playing with my doll in a quiet room is my refuge.

13. I tend to find this place as a refuge from myself really. Sitting outside/in my room-closet-bathroom doesn't help me calm down, because then I can think. Thinking gets me into all sorts of trouble. it's even made me sick before, which was not fun.

So, here, I can look at things, and my mind is too loaded to think about anything else, which is a nice escape.

14. Hmm not really ^^U Since I recently joined I'm just mainy browsing around getting used to this place XD But I guess maybe I'll become more "addicted" when I get my boy >o< Though I do come here for a little while everyday :3

15. I second that. You have to be so careful about every little thing you say on this board that I wouldn't call it a refuge. A great place for information and a community of friendly people, but you always have to be careful and moderate in your opinions on here.

16. I think it’s a distraction… because I only log on when I am at work!! And I work 10 hour days!! ><

I love seeing new dolls and stuff!!

17. I second this.

Even though I'm a complete dollynoob everyone's really forgiving about me asking dumb questions or starting threads in the wrong place and stuff ^_^ I go on a lot of forums and the only other one where it's so relaxed is my own! And that's only because there's only 40 members and i'm too lazy to be strict XD
      I love coming here, it keeps me sane while I'm at work and i'm making lots of new friends who I'm really looking forward to meeting at conventions and meetups! It's also great because I'm learning so much more about BJDs and stuff that I wouldn't have ever thought of otherwise!

The only thing is it makes me want to buy stuff XD DoA is most definitely my refuge <3 My favourite place to be on the internet and I know for certain once I have my doll(s?) i'll never stay away! I'll be far too busy picwhoring XD

http://www.animeleague.net/forums

Go there for uptight people who take offense at everything you say XD

Take one venture into ramblings before you get 100 posts and feel their wrath XD

Makes here look like heaven to me! <3 That's what i think anyway :sweat

18. Actually playing with my dolls is my refuge from the real world :) I do spend quite a bit of time here, but when I really need a break from real world stuff HANDS-ON DOLLY TIME does it for me!

19. Not at all - I usually read, write, or take a walk/run.

I like visiting DoA for the marketplace, databases, and gallery.

20. well, most of my friends are not really into dolls and they think of me as a weird person for even giving dolls names. People tell me to get rid of my obsession. I don't listen and I go on DOA and then suddenly I'm talking to a whole bunch of people who love dollies! ^_^ It makes me really happy sometimes.

-Jessie :)