1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Dolkot really so terrible?

Mar 26, 2008

1. My Yuna arrived today! Very pleased with the quality of her resin. And she poses really great! Stands easily, sits easily, nice range of motion in the elbows and knees, etc. One of the best posing girls I've ever had.

I ordered her without a faceup but she came with one anyway--very minimal and natural. Although I do faceups, it's nice to have one come with one for a change so she doesn't have to be a blank face until I can get around to her. I'm definitely going to redo her faceup, but it's still nice to see some color on her.

I ordered two wigs with her and one turned out to be not what I had hoped. The other was quite nice. Also ordered a dress with her which is made of high quality fabrics and good workmanship. Perfect fit so no complaints there.

Her box was pretty bashed up, but she was in an inside carrying case and well protected so nothing happened to her. The glass eyes they included with her are very nice although not a color I would have picked.

So I'm very happy with her and can't wait to try some eyes other wigs and eyes.

Oh, the typical "S" hook inside the head is totally great--it's a resin "S" shaped hook with a cat head on top! So cute!

I'll try to post a picture here when I get her all put together.

Jay

2. Hope I'm not being a pest with all my posts. But I absolutely do love my little Yuna. Her knees have those hidden extended double knee things like the Dollstown Elf body. Very, very cool. She really does pose beautifully. I don't even need to glue suede her!

I redid her faceup and had a great time playing "wigs and eyes." Here she is wearing the dress I ordered for her from Dollkot:

[​IMG]

Honestly, I have absolutely nothing negative to say about the quality, sculpting and posing of this lovely girl. She's absolutely fabulous!

Jay

3. She looks great Jay! Beautiful indeed!

I'm interested in saving up for Bera, a 60cm girl I just fell head over heels for ages ago. (If I got her, she'd be my first SD size doll) I don't believe many people here own her? Too bad though, she's quite gorgeous. She's perfect for a character I had intended of making human.

I'm sure they have their mistakes but their dolls are beautiful. :)

4. Jay, your Yuna looks so innocent and cute! I love Dolkot dolls, I'm waiting for my order to come with my friend, but it's not so unusual for them to ship later.
      I'm so happy to read that you're compeltely satisfied with her! I've ordered my Bera in white skin, and I think that now Dolkot has solved its problems with resin quality and service organization.
      Devyn, I'll post pics as soon as I got her, so don't worry! ^^ mine will be an elf girl ^^

5. Jay, your Yuna looks lovely!

And thanks for the feedback about dolkot.
      I am thinking about buying a dolkot doll for several months now, but I was quite unsure by those bad stories. So I am glad I heard some positive feedback about their dolls! :)
      (I want a dolkot leaf, I just love her eyes and the elven ears)

6. Ah! This thread has been helpful for me too!
      A friend sent me a link to Dolkot a little while back and the other day I finally decided to give it a decent look, and now I've got my heart set on Leaf and Yui. I thought the interchangeable ears on the dolls was a great idea, but I freaked out when I found this thread and started thinking 'Oh no, they're not a bad company are they? Just when I'd found the perfect girls, too!'

I'd love to see some pictures of any of the dolls people might have! I'm finding it hard to find more info in them...

7. Sorry if I'm necro posting >.> I just wanted to say that Bera is INCREDIBLE and I might go for her instead for my first doll. She's about 100 dollars cheaper and a more convenient size for me.

8. I wanted a Bera so badly last year but it was difficult to find someone who sold only the head :( I was quite worried about the quality of their bodies too.. And I heard that the skin tone of their NS dolls vary so it was kind of hard to find another body with a close match.

9. Bump :) Any updates on the poseability/quality of the new bodies?

10. I received a Dolkot Kiss doll from a seller on the marketplace and his body is one of the newer casts and I love it. It's double-jointed, poses great, it looks amazing and its very soft to the touch. The only drawback I see is that his head has a hard time sitting straight. It always wants to tilt to the side. I need to get a donut to put in there but that is the only problem I've had so far.

11. If anyone is still looking for an update to this please let me know - I have a Dolkot Bera on the way so I'm happy to provide a review when she arrives :)

12. please give a review i am thinking of getting a Sd Hara for my bday in nov : )

13. I'm curious about Bera as well. Funny I see this come up. The last couple days she was on my mind but for the life of me I couldn't remember who made her or what her name was! But as soon as I looked and saw the MQ Doll site it all came back....whew!