1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Dollshe Bermann limited edition?

Jun 28, 2005

1. :sweat It's okay sweety... I am completely like that with Kai too...He just melts me. I've had him four months as of tomorrow and every single day he makes me smile, he makes me want to cuddle him or take pictures of him or stroke him or SOMETHING...every day. Every single day XD He just owns me :aheartbea

And I'm so happy that there is still lots of chance to get my Bermann.. I'm trying not to give him a name yet :aeyepop:

2. gaaawd, both of you are totally making me want a bermann! xP *hushes you* <3 I can join the hound party soon though~ wheee
      And Kaoru really IS gorgeous~ Kai too <3

3. Well I do think a Dollshe boys gives as extra dimension to a doll...why? Because Dollshe made them carry a dogs name to protect his owner forever, and when I think about that, every other doll just fades away into nothing [for me that is]

And everytime I think that and see Kaoru [when I get back home, just sit around the house or behind the computer] he makes me smile, and it really gives me a loved feeling, even if in someone elses eye he is just a piece of resin, but to me he really is someone I love dearly, and I'm going to "try" and keep him forever till the day I die, but it's life so who knows what'll happen ^_^

I hope for you both that you are lucky to own one soon or to meet one in real life, because they are so worth it and unlike any other doll that is not dollshe made.:aheartbea

Sabriell

4. ^-^ I have already had the fortune to see a DO bermann in person.. and he was so breath takingly beautiful that I was reluctant to let go of him XD Sanjian, who owns him, carried and loved up on Kai, while I did the same of her Jaloren... and that was the end of that.
      I think it's pictures like this
      [​IMG]
      That murder me

5. Butterfly - agreed! That's a beautiful picture, and totally captures every reason I am in love with Bermann. :love

I personally am hoping those new Dollshe boys come out soon though and that one of them looks enough like Bermann for me to put aside these hopeless dreams -- being so distracted by a doll that gets released in such limited quantities once every whoknowshowlong is really not healthy for me. :sweat

6. They look perfect together :aheartbea

Every Bermann and Hound I see gives off such a different feeling, it's crazy XD
      Kaoru always gives off this peaceful, gentle/feminine and otherworldly feeling and this Bermann really gives off a silent, strong and manly feeling *woooo I like it!*

And Kai is always love, he is such a character!!

Sabriell

7. Yea I agree Sabriell! The first time I met Kai I was so taken back. At first he was *very* grumpy and pouty because he'd been in the body bag over night, but then as they day went on he got very happy and smily at the attention. I absolutely love this quality from the Hounds(Bermann too~) and thats why I can't wait to get mine <3

8. Bermann is so wonderful....such an amazing face....I love his nose so, so much. I hope that the folks who really pine for one will bring one home.

9. I'm cheering you on Butterfly! These Dollshe boys are soooooo addicting *coughs* but alas I don't think I'll ever get a Bermann myself...so I'll be cheering you to get one so I can drool over XD~

*loves Kai and Kaoru sooooo much*

10. *sighs* I so love the Bermanns. :aheartbea They are just incredible and pensive and wonderful and yeah I love them. And really want to bring home a DO Bermann this year. BUT I also love my Hounds!! ^___~

Yeaaaaaa for the Dollshe boys and their incredible body sculpt and beautiful heads. :aheartbea :cake: :aheartbea

And Sabriell I adore your Kaoru and your photos of him. :sweat

11. I haven't seen a Bermann live yet. That's just beautiful. You really are making me want Bermann way too much. :P

12. We have been talking about all this, in terms of release dates for Bermann's on Hound Calling for the last couple days, pretty intensely.

Don't folow the release dates on Tensiya site, as Anu is way backed up. I think Kurogatu came out fairly much on time, and Valentino was about this time last year. HDM was supposed to be realeased this past July, but I don't think anyone got them until October or something.

The whole series of 77 dolls, in editions of 11 per LE, were ALL supposed to have been released by now (at least according to what Anu has posted on her site). But they don't seem to be following that schedule any longer.

Maybe we just don't hear anymore because she doesn't really know what the schedule will be anymore as so much has been added to the Tensiya line over the last year.

At any rate, count me on the list as one of those who desperately wants a DO Bermann, and has been on pins an needles for months to find out about the next one.

13. ^-^ Yeah I wasn't really paying too much attention to Anu's site dates because of the fact that they were all supposed to be out by now.
      Which is fortunate for me because the longer they take to release them the more like I'll be able to get one *breathes sigh of relief*

I just suddenly got the sinking feeling that once the IM Hounds and Husky and SA Ru that have been released are settled down as part of the usual demand to be met that she might be prepping to bring out the next Bermanns.

Who knows ~

14. Don't worry she's done that to me! xP

I think, when the new dollshe boys come out, that'll make Tensiya push back the Bermann date even further.

Don't worry Butterfly, the further they push it the more chance you and I have of getting one!(I think I really will need to sart loaning money xD)

15. Mmmm...Bermann is an amazing mold. Very, very versatile - some of these boys are resin at its sexiest, some are heart-wrenchingly poignant...and some *looks at Hermes* are beatific saints. Heh.

Cannot. Wait. For. Do Bermann.

16. so, i've read through all this stuff at tensiya...

http://tensiya.com/2004_en/index.htm?mode=about_berman&a=1

and searched the boards. but i'm fairly new to this hobby and i really don't understand what goes on with bermann dolls. are they no longer going to be produced? are they only going to make certain types of limiteds from now on? are they going to stop all together? will plain bermanns be available the way that plain hounds, huskies, etc are available?

XD apologies for my cluelessness. if anyone can answer these questions and even explain further, i'd be incredibly grateful.

17. As i understand it (and i'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong), originally Bermann was a limited doll, and his original run is sold out. then Anu, the artist who owns Tensiya, contracted with Mr. Dollshe to finish, dress and sell a limited number of new Bermanns - i think the number is 77 or thereabouts. Each release of a Bermann style/design you see on the Tesiya website is a portion of that 70-something she will release. Hence the elation and panic that ensues with each Tensiya Bermann announcement. If you want one it may be difficult to get an order in, but there will be at least two or three more releases likely before all the Bermann limited run is sold out.

Dollshe is putting out a wide variety of interesting dolls right now, many of which will probably get a lovely full-out Anu design. Bottom line, Bermann was intended to be limited, and will remain limited, but many other Dollshe dolls, such as Hound, will be produced for the forseeable future. Hope this helps.

18. Also, there's two versions of the Bermann head mold. DO Bermann has normal open eyes, and SA Bermann has the dreaming eyes.

19. i was just reading the link to Anu's Bermann (i know, i should have read it before posting!), and i see something else that might not be clear. When Anu put up that page, she was being optimistic about completion dates for each Bermann design. According to the page, the dolls should all be gone by now, but some designs haven't yet been announced. She puts an amazing amount of detail and finishing into each Bermann, and does most of the work herself, so delivery of each design run has taken much longer than expected.

20. >.0 i really want an sa bermann...is seems he's going to be nearly impossible to find, hmm?