1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Dollshe Bermann limited edition?

Jun 28, 2005

1. You and half the rest of the doll world wants him too :)

2. There are at least forty-four Bermanns left. The SA Bermann is going to be the harder mold to procure. He is definitely worth saving/waiting/hoping for! A close approximation to a Bermann, if there are any left - I cannot access the tensiya.com site - is the LE Haute Hound.

But the Hound, Husky, Saint and Bernard DollShe boys are all gorgeous and aren't limited. And I must bring home Anu's Saint...*swoon*

3. Yes, i feel the same way about Saint - especially with Anu's faceup!

4. There is only one run of the SA Bermanns left. Like Zagzagael mentioned, he's going to be really tough to obtain. :( On the bright side, even if you miss buying him through Tensiya, it's possible you could get him secondhand.

5. Omg...you and me both, E!! {{loves}}:aheartbea :aheartbea :aheartbea

6. Heh. I wondered who else, besides the_impassive and I, would be In Longing over that boy! Isn't he just AMAZING!!! Anu has outdone herself!

7. XD that's exactly the problem! if they know he's in such high demand..why don't they produce more...? o.O do they not know how badly we all want him..? XD someone should let them know...

8. Saint is too perfect for his own good.

9. :/ focus, please. this thread is certainly not about saint. :3 this one right here, however...is. http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56252

don't mean to be rude XD i just really need information on bermann and i'd prefer not to get my hopes up when there are new messages, just to find that they're about a different doll all together :3 thank you!

10. does any one know when that run is going to be..? x.x

11. As far as I know, nobody has any idea when the next run of any version of Bermann is going to be, sorry! :(

12. When the next run is noone knows, except maybe Anu and the rest of Tensiya, but I don't think mailing her would help...only delay it all.

Anu posts the date and time in the "News" section when the next release is...so just wait. ^_^

AND lets hope not the same thing will happen during the next release, cause I hate to see Anu sad again because of people's jealousy and selfishness.

Sabriell

13. so, there's only one more release left..? ;__; gah...i suppose i'd better start looking for another boy to embody josiah >.0...what's the likelihood of finding one that someone's interested in selling? and the likelihood that someone else won't get to him first? x.x

14. 4 DO Bermann releases and 1 last SA release...which will be the very last I think. ^_^
      So that is 44 Do Bermanns and 11 SA Bermanns

Sabriell

15. I can attest that Bermann is very difficult to attain from Tensiya, as the last release was sold out in something like two minutes. I was constantly refreshing the page at the time of the sale and went as quickly as I could filling out my information and paying for him (you needed to pay immediately; I don't know whether this will change) and I got in just barely. You really need lightning-fast reflexes. @_@

However, due to the debacle of the last ordering period (the PayPal system failed, and something like 20 people were notified of having won him instead of only 11), Tensiya is switching their ordering method. I do not know if it will now be more difficult to obtain him than in prior releases, but considering the growing BJD fanbase and interest in Bermann, my educated guess would be yes. The last I heard - though this may have changed - in the future Bermann can be ordered only through e-mail.

And to answer your other question, I have heard of people being able to find Bermann through the yahoo group Hound Calling (it's age-restricted). Of course, you could also stake out the Marketplace here, but I would probably join the yahoo group as well.

16. I will be bringing him home in the future as well. :)

Sorry to be off topic. :\ Getting back to the subject, like everyone's said.. you'll only be able to get Bermann from Anu, we're waiting to see when she will be producing the next batch, and what the new payment method will be. Basically it's time to buckle down and wait! *straps on helmet*

17. I always thought Bermann is a limited doll (only 77 were produced, if I'm not wrong), but recently I discovered that there are different releases of Bermann, the most recent being 'Heimdal'. That's all I could find about the subject after all my browsing & searching, so I was wondering if anyone could give me more info? Is Bermann a limited or not? Or are there going to be more releases of him in different versions (and what is the difference, actually)?

18. There were 77 original Bermann's, and Anu, of Tensiya has a contract to produce 77 more, broken down into editions of 11 each of limited edition Bermann's. As far as anyone knows that will be it, sum total.

If you have fallen for Bermann, you are joining the ranks of many who want him, covet him, and all but beg-borrow-and-steal to get him when Anu releases a new one (me included).

Needless to say, he is VERY limited in VERY limited editions, and, not availible any other way.

19. I respectfully disagree with Gayle - up to a point. Seventy-seven IS a limited number of dolls and those are split between the open-eyed head "DO" and the more Dreaming head "SA" however it's not really an insurmountably limited run. If you have set your heart on the Slack Afternoon mold, then yes, he is going to be difficult to procure.

Those of us who are Bermann lovers are keeping the faith and hoping that Anu will continue to release these lovely boys on a regular schedule.

20. sure he's limited but everyone has a fair go :)

tensiya.com is the only one releasing them at the moment . in total tensiya is producing: 33 sleepy eyed ones (or SA's) and 77 open eyed ones (or DO's), they release 11 at any one release. future release schedule looks like:

- 11 more SA to be released (1 more release --> dates unknown)
      - 55 more DO's to be released (5 more releases --> dates unknown)

for more information you can read here -->
      http://www.tensiya.com/2004_en/index.htm?mode=about_berman&a=2

the links at the bottom also explains a lot :D

#60 helene, Jun 7, 2006
      Last edited: Feb 7, 2016