1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Dollshe Bermann limited edition?

Jun 28, 2005

1. HaHHaaaa I will respectfully disagree with Zagzagael as the 77 is strictly the open eyed and not split with the SAs.

The SAs have their own limited run number of 33 (outside the 77 DOs)...it gets confusing I know....

So far 2 groups of the SA have been released, so only one more group of 11 left for them. So yep, that one will be interesting to procure! :)

****edit**** sheesh...Helene explained it already above ....heh...sorry.

2. haha yeah I'm with Christy on this one.

The original 77 Bermanns were all Do...so they all had open eyes, this was a couple of years ago and mostly only for Korean owners. Some were lucky to buy one through a korean shopping service [took a bloody long time to get them]

Anu asked Kim Ki Yong [Mr Dollshe] to do the Tensiya project [started in 2005], she would release 33 SA Bermanns and 77 Do Bermanns over a period of time for people outside Korea.
      Sold in batches of 11, each release having it's own theme [Shinsengumi, Valentino, Hu Die Meng, Heimdall].

After these 33/77 Bermann will never be released again, as Anu bought the rights from Dollshe.

But there were also XX number of SA's and Do's [I think 33/77 as well] released only for Korean owners, also a tanned Bermann for which the buyers had to sign a contract to NEVER sell them.

Releases so far:
      SA Bermann
      - Shinsengumi Kurogatu [nr01-11 first 2 are for Anu and Mr Dollshe]
      - Valentino [12-22]

Do Bermann
      - Hu Die Meng [12-22]
      - Heimdall [23-33]

Nr 1 for the Do Bermann is Luis Dobermann and hasn't been released yet.
      The last 11 SA Bermanns and the last 11 Do Bermanns are a secret...as they all are till they are released XD

When the first 2 SA's batches were released it took a few days for them to be sold out, but after that people started to want them [isn't my fault!!], and HDM was sold out within 15 minutes...Heimdall within 2min and the system crashed.

People were turning into demons and "attacked" everyone that either had one or didn't...even raved at Anu [poor woman]...so the next batch of Do Bermann is for the people that are on the "priority list", because the system crashed more than 11 people bought a Heimdall <= people on the priority list

Not everyone is happy with the priority list [which I can understand].

Hope this helps you a bit and helps you understand what war is XDD *lol*

Sabriell

3. Wow! that's very informative Sabriell, thanks so much! I always get confused -_-

*waits in the neverending "Bermann" line*

4. All I can say is, it's a good thing it's not like a Volks Dolpa where you have to go get them in person. Blood would be spilled, cars would be set on fire, and the peacekeepers in riot gear would be called in, for certain!
      :roar

Fortunately, all we have to deal with are website crashes and hystrionics, so your chance of getting a Bermann is as good as anyone else's. And since Anu was trying to figure out a new way to deal with releasing the future batches, who knows?

5. Reminiscing here...

What was wild about that shopping service order (Janet's) was for the people in the second group. Karin (on this list) and myself had no problem at all getting the Bermann the first time around - about 4 or 5 months prior. The wait was only like 2 months. Although, there were a few 'pits' in the mold I had to sand out, but nothing that damaged the face. In fact, I'm working on someone's Original Bermann right now that was from that second group Janet took on and that batch was in much better condition - there are hardly no pits on her Bermann at all and the seams aren't nearly as prominent (esp. on the hands!)l. Maybe that was what the wait was all about. I think Korea was in the middle of the rainy season which attributed to the wait for that 2nd group. Anywayz, sorry for the rambling....:lol:

6. haha yeah I can remember reading a post about that. It was raining to much and because of this the Bermann production had to be stopped until it cleared up.
      At that time when I read it, I still know I was pretty happy I didn't order one...I mailed Janet because I wanted one but changed my mind and bought another doll *hihi*

sigh...Bermanns being picky and bringing the drama as always :wiggle *lol*

7. Heh. Thanks everyone - I wasn't clear in my message - I know the release numbers. :) I was trying to say that the SA Bermann is the more difficult to procure head, but overall - the Bermann run, on both heads, isn't as limited as say a CustomHouse Unique. :)

8. Sold out within two minutes?! O___O So basically the next batch of Bermanns will go to those in the priority list first huh?

*sigh* Guess my chances of getting a Bermann is quite low... T_T

9. He's still not as hard to get as some dolls, he's not limited to 1 after all. I'm looking at you CustomHouse "Silence Before the Tempest " Cyn!:...( I'm not even trying to look for that one.

If you really want him, don't give up! Good luck!

I just noticed K in your signature, I was thinking about how gooood he'd look with a Bermann just the other day.*mind wanders*

10. Well the priority list is only for 11 people after that there will still be 11/44 Bermanns left to buy, but Anu wanted to change the buying methode for the last 55.

She was thinking about the first 11 people that emailed her can buy a Bermann, so at least no more website/payment crashing...now only email crashing XDD

But Bermann is just like every other limited => HARD to get
      Only 110 people will get a Bermann, or less cause some have 2 or more...but that is life ^_^ nothing anybody can do something about.

Sabriell

11. ...Email for the rest of the Bermanns...humm...(so the net need to be pretty fast sigh)...at least no more crashes in the system and no more priority list, not a bad idea...(Will there be any Email box crashes?!XDD)

12. Wow!

Bermann has always been one of those dolls that one individual doll I'll really hate but the other I'll love so I've never wanted one of my own and never looked into him. I did wonder why more people didn't have him and now I know. O_O

Good luck to all of you who are hoping to get one someday!

13. *_* Oh man, so there are only really 44 more DO Bermans out there. I want him more than Bernard right now...he is so perfect.

Good luck to everyone. Hopefully we can all get one without any bickering and crying. XD

14. Is Anu still releasing Bermanns, or has that project already ended? I ask this because they were to release ten styles (I believe), and there only seem to be seven on the website. But perhaps this is wishful thinking on my part?

15. I believe there's only one set of Bermanns left to be released. It's the Luis Doberman edition that everyone's been anticipating for so long. Other than that, all the editions have been released and sold.

16. Oh, thanks so much! Do you know when it's going to be released?

17. The entire project was pushed back way beyond its original intended completion date -- due to Anu having to handle most of the orders herself from beginning to end. The last batch of three sets of Bermanns have been shipped out a while ago. I expect it won't be too long before the last edition is put up for sale. I would keep an eye on the Tensiya website for further updates. Sorry I don't know the exact release period, but I'm sure someone else would be able to help you! Good luck ~

18. Thanks for the information^^

19. actually two sets are left. The Luis Doberman(Do Bermann 1-11) and the last set of 11 SA Bermanns, which are supposed to be tan. So there are 22 left to be released in all.

20. Has Anu mentioned news about a new dollshe limited release after the Bermann ends?