1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

is it distressing to sell your dolls

Jun 4, 2009

1. When I first realized I couldn't bond with my Shiwoo, I was quite sad...but now he's currently on his way to his new owner, and I honestly feel so happy---he's going to a new family where he will be truly loved, bonded with, and appreciated. ^-^ So honestly, I think the whole experience is a bittersweet situation. <3

2. Glad you found him a new home. I am sure you will find another one that you will fall in love with.

3. Depends on the doll. Some will never never leave. Some I could sell and miss. Some can go and never be missed.

4. At times I hate fact I have to sell a doll, esp since if I had better control over spending could keep more. But at times it was mostly due to not a bond over doll so willing to see it go.

5. I'm currently in the midst of selling almost all of my dolls. I don't find it very distressing because the money coming in is such a great relief! I'd be hard pressed to sell Renee, however. I think I'd be upset if it ever got to the point where I had to let her go too.

6. I had emergencies come up and had to sell dolls, one time due to a huge emergency vet bill I sold a lot of my dolls. I was more down about the emergency situation and loss of my cat, it made the dolls just seemed unimportant and it was not as hard to let them go.

7. Maybe I will feel distress to sell my dolls. Hope this day won't be here.

8. I've never sold a doll out of necessity like to pay bills or anything of that nature. I feel like even if I did, the doll wouldn't sell fast enough or for a price that was worth it, and there have to be other things I could do for money if I had to come up with it quick. That and even if the doll money was enough to cover bills one month, there would still be more the next month, so selling a beloved doll wouldn't be worth holding back the inevitable for a few weeks.

That being said, I have sold a lot of dolls. I don't feel guilty. Sometimes while in the deciding phase, I might but if I feel too guilty, I'll keep the doll. I normally sell them because I've fallen out of love with the character or sculpt, and sometime to buy a different doll or because I just feel like I have too many and some need to go.

9. I resold one of my doll before, i planned on doing a character and it just failed or maybe i failed to make his character. I couldnt feel the character and i had no attachment :( so i bet his new owner now loves him more than i do, just as long as i dont see him getting ignored, all dirty and unattended

10. I sold two of my dolls because I want another and really expensive doll. Than I regret about it and buy them back, but after a very long time.

11. I've sold dolls because I wanted something more and I didn't feel I was enjoying them as much as I should. I didn't feel any regret about selling them, because essentially the other item I was getting was more important to me. It made me happy to think that the dolls were going to a place they might be taken out and enjoyed more than they were in my home.

12. to me selling a doll isn't painful as much as it is just a bother, listing the doll, figuring out shipping costs etc. i have sold a couple of dolls that i didn't want anymore, and it was actually kind of a relief to have them gone and have the money to buy dolls i really wanted. i have more to sell once i get past the hassle of listing them, and i'll be happy if they sell, 'cause i'll be able to get some more dolls off my wishlist. that said i've never had to sell a doll i was attached to, and there are several dolls i have that i would be hard pressed to let go!

13. I have never had to sell a doll in an emergency situation but I have sold quite a few that didn't work out for me. When I joined the hobby I thought I would never sell one of my dolls ( I would miss them too much haha). But I've found over the years that there are some types, sizes etc that just don't get looked at very often so why keep them? I recently sold two dolls that I told myself I would never part with. I haven't had any regrets so I think it was the right move. I do get worried that I might get a dishonest buyer but so far so good.

14. its probably the most stressful thing. Especially when people cant learn to read your whole sales posts and constantly ask questions that you already answered in the post. Or when people ask about buying, when you know theyre from a different country and the first thing you write in your post is that you dont ship internationally

15. Not really. I feel like the dolls that I do post on the marketplace are ready to move on to a better home :) sometimes after posting I might realise - wait, I'm not ready to let them go yet, so I think selling is a good test as to whether I am ready to let dolls go.

16. I have sold many dolls over the years, but usually as I have lost interest in those ones and wanted others more. I am happy with the new ones and hope folks are enjoying the ones I have rehomed.