1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it strange to only want one?

Aug 9, 2007

1. I only want one to. As you said in your first post. You'd focus really on her only. She gets all the attention. And for me it seems very expensive to buy clothes and things for whole families.

2. No, it is not strange.I had always think that ONE is always better. The pampering, attention, and space, all to that ONE beloved dear!~ XD

It is a matter of time whether you want another to accompany that ONE or having to have a character or somewhat. I have Sefa for over a year, but now contemplating of getting another for an unreasonable reasons or just stick to fantasizing that impossible character of mine. It's up to you honestly.

3. i don't find it strange to only want one. i just ordered my first one this past weekend.

before i bought her i spent about a year or so searching for the right doll for my character.

i finally decided on a DOT Camine head and a DOT shall's body. but i'm so excited to get her now!

if i ever got another doll i'd wait at least a year or so. i think i have my eyes set on a Sooah right now but we'll see.

4. I think having one is nice!

5. Well at first seeing how expensive they are ^for my tastes^ I got one. But my story line formed and im hooked @_@ If i have less then 12 total ill just flip out XX ^saves

6. I think it's perfectly normal to only want one,so you can pamper he or she to death.
      But i already know i will not be able to just have one,seeing as i haven't even ordered my first and i'm already planning another one for her big brother...X3

7. I only want the one :) But knowing me... I'm likely to revert on that statement! I can only -afford- the one, which seems to govern my choices here.

8. I did originally just want one, but now I want a girl to dress up pretty as well as a boy.. but after that, I'm done! :)

9. When I first found out about bjd's, I definitely only wanted one. After 2 years of yearning for one, I finally got one and that's when I realized that it's just not enough. I want to have other dolls so that my doll won't feel lonely.

Having just 1 doll is normal and it's better that way anyways because it will save your wallet alot of money!

10. Well, I've only had my doll for a couple of weeks but I don't have any desire for another one. Admittedly I've seen any number of others that would be FUN to own but I have the feeling that it would only dillute the joy and love I have for my only girl... *^_^*

11. I contemplated the thought of having one for a while, but I've got a twin obsession :| Don't know why, but I do. :sweat I have Vanmoriel with me now and I plan on buying her twin Morestel (male) someday. It's just what I prefer and feel is best for me.

Well, I'd prefer to have just two, but I know I'll definitely never have more than four and even that's a bit iffy for me. I've just never been good at dividing my attention so to get more than four would be unfair to the dollies in my case, they just wouldn't be loved. Everyone has their own comfort levels on how many BJDs they can own, it's only natural after all. :)

So, I think it's perfectly alright to just want one, or two, or even twenty. I think the love you have for your doll(s) is far more important than the quantity you have. If you want one or a few just so you can spoil them or give them the attention you think they deserve, that's great. If you want more than that to create stories or have the versatility you crave, then that great too.

Why should it be strange, to be who you are?

12. I just own one doll, 'cos of the same reason as you: I just wish to focus on only one doll.

13. Good question! To be honest, with most dolls I would rather have 2 or more. I just don't enjoy one. When I had one BJD. I was just waiting for more so I could enjoy him more. Now after having more, I am thoroughly enjoying him and his bros in a way I couldn't with just one. I like cozy large groups of dolls I guess! :P Although this is the wrong price bracket for that. :lol:

14. I also only wanted one. But then I had a chance at a gorgeous Juri 05 head, and realized with that one I had to get it immediately, since it's no longer made. Unfortunately, the same time kind of thing happened again, and again ... we don't talk about how many I have now!

15. I only want one BJD as well n__n I'm easily satisfied once I get what I want XD Also, it'll take me forever to keep saving up for more x__x

16. i think we all start off as only wanting one ...and then somwhere down the line it all goes...wrong?? :?
      or maybe we just catch the Bjd bug :roll:

17. Initially I only wanted one doll, but now that I have developed my doll's backstory I'd like to have two. I think he'll be quite lonely in this world on his own without his Dachufel :aheartbea

I won't be able to afford to get the second doll till next year though, so for a while he'll have to be on his own

18. There's been a lot of response to my question, and that's great. Thanks everyone! Now that I have my one doll, I start seeing differences in body types, and head molds. Sometimes I start to think, "Well, that ones very pretty...", but I stop and look at mine, and feel happy that I have her. Who knows, I myself may become a two doll person, one day far, far into the future. Oh, the hypocrisy!:sweat

19. I have a theory about BJDs in general- they're like those chips, the ones that used to have that catchphrase, "you can't just have one". It's not strange at all to want just one AT FIRST, but once you get a bite you'll want more.. like a disease. XP!!!