1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it strange to only want one?

Aug 9, 2007

1. I don't think it is unusual at all.

I just got my first BJD this week, She is one of the LE Haute Doll Choas. She is basically my dream doll so how can I compare another doll with perfection? I love Sooahs, but I am perfectly happy with just having my Choa.

I do have a MSD resin on pre-order and a vinyl MSD on pre-order (for my daughter), but they were ordered before I thought it would be possible for me to get my dream doll. The MSD dolls will be for play with DD, but I really don't have a desire to get any more BJDs.

Now I do have close to 200 other vinyl dolls so maybe that makes a difference. I am wanting to sell a lot of them because it has just become overwhelming, but I still think I would be happy with just the one BJD even if I hadn't any others.

2. I don't think it is unusual to get just one. I think I'm only getting one (lest i get bit with the "gotta have more!" bug... though I highly doubt it except in a perfect world where I am a millionaire! :XD:). I only need one baby... or midget boyfriend... I haven't decided on what term of endearment to use... :sweat

3. i think that you cant help to having another one ,when you get your 1st BJD

4. I was telling myself I was never going to get another one after I got Himiko at Otakuthon, but now,I'm planning of getting the elf girl from the BJD mall :)

5. echo_ju: Is that a photo of your doll? He's quite gorgeous!

6. first i wanted only one doll to but there are just too many dolls i really like and want to own so its very difficult to decide which one i should buy ><
      now i have my second doll since start of august and i'm really glad about that.. ^^
      however - everyone have to decide for himself how many dolls he want to have ^^

7. I've just ordered my first BJD and I have every intention of making her my last. She's a present, so I'm really very lucky to be getting her since there is no way I'll be able to afford one for ages. I don't think I'll ever NEED another one, but collecting things is just too addictive, and by how I love these dolls before I've even physically laid eyes on one is really not a good sign.

I have serious doubts I'll be able to limit myself to only one. There are so many amazing sculpts out there that I would absolutely adore to own.

If my income ever has room I just know I'll end up getting her a friend. I like the way that two dolls look when they interact. I'm also really interested in making my own dolls as well though, so I may make her a friend instead of buying one.

8. I don't think its strange at all to just want one, because I too at one time just wanted one to spoil. Now I have more than ten, but you know what, I love them more as a family because it brought out each of their individuality.

Sera~

9. I can understand only wanting one. Right now, I only want two, for similar reasons. There are such things as small families, right?

10. No, because I'm really just saving up for one, so I don't think its weird at all.
      My friend is getting a BJD, too so that's sort of like a family?(Does that count?) I just want one for now (and I'm content with that) but maybe if I suddenly win the lottery I'll buy myself another one.

11. hm.. i dun think its weird at all. coz i only want 1 also. XD

i just want him to accompany me. if he had another doll, then i have more works to do, and i cant afford the time to do that..

so 1 would be great XD *my bank acc cheers happly *LOLZ

12. Its not unusual at all. I personally dont want my doll count to be more than 3-4. because I dont want to have a favorite and ignore the rest, I want a decent amount that I can give all my love to!

Never say never though ^^

13. I thought of just buying one when I first truly got into the hobby, now I have one, a second on the way and planning on buying a third tomorrow (so exited!).

I don't think it's unusual for people to just want one doll, it makes sense since you would be able to spoil your doll rotten. And I think that if you can stick with just one doll that that's an amazing thing, I wasn't strong enough to resist the temptation of buying another doll (I'm weak ok xD).

14. I know many bjd owners and they all say they wanted only "ONE" in the beginning and started to have more~~ When you look at one doll and you will want him/her to have companies sooner or later anyways ^_^ Also, it's enjoying to see more doll-to-doll interaction going on.

15. Yes. I find it strange haha Mainly because it's EXACTLY what I said when I first joined the hobby. I now have 3 and one more on the way. Also looking at more to purchase :P

If you can really be happy with just ONE I give you a high five and a congrats you lucky son-of-a-gun :D

16. No, it's not weird at all, but people tend to end up with more than one because they are addicting ;) Companies are always coming or with new dolls so it's difficult for me to pick just one.

17. I only wanted one for the longest time, because I was planning on just making a character and that's all I needed. Now that I kind of want to turn the bjd into my OCs, I kind of want more for all of them. If I never get more I'm still content with one.

18. I don't think it's strange to want only one, on the contrary it's veeeeery good for your wallet ! I think of girl in another forum I'm in who owns only one doll and is super happy with her.
      Personnally, I've always wanted several, to shell different characters with different styles... Every character will not wear the same thing, and moreover I enjoy having different sizes of dolls. Having several dolls does not mean for me that they're not "special" anymore, they all are, in their own ways, and inspires me differently. I like making them interact too, but that is not my main purpose anymore.
      Everyone feels things differently. If you're scared of loving less your doll if you have a second one, if you want to only focus on one, then go ! And perhaps it will remain like this, perhaps one day you'll be wanting an other one, you'll see, but in any case wanting to have just one doll is fine^^ don't worry about it !

19. That's what I told myself. And then I got my first one just last tuesday, and I love her so much I thought of two more that I want!

20. Currently I have only one, but I never thought about having one or some, I think I have not restrict the amount. I know in my wishlist for sure is one more, but now I see my girl so alone, ... I think I should get a friend for her!