1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it unusual to have more than one doll waiting to come home?

Oct 18, 2010

1. I've been waiting for Victor since mid-September, and along the way I bought (and briefly waited for) Raven.

In my experience, seeing others' signatures and all, I'd say it's pretty normal to be waiting for more than one doll (though usually it's not more than two), although a lot of people spend their time saving up and can only get one at a time.

2. (This thread makes me feel so much better.. xD;;; )
      I'm not too happy about keeping track of all the things I buy online... I get kind of overwhelmed when I'm waiting for many things to arrive at once, dolls and clothing, etc..
      So far I've put 3 months between each doll. I prefer to have time in between to 'adjust' I guess... and also it coincides with summer and winter events from my favourite companies, anyway. :P

3. I am having abit of dollie purchase guilt myself right now. I am waiting on 4 dolls, which is pretty ridiculous. I didnt plan it, but I also felt I would be really sad and regretful if I didnt order each one of them. Since I had the means, and two are technically gifts (Chloe is my BDay present from my hubby, and Alice is a gift I bought with some money from my grandma) I am trying to be ok with it, but am finding it abit difficult. Especially my last Nephelin purchase. But I could see her being a MD Amber situation for me where I would pine for her but refuse to pay inflated prices. Oh well, no more ...I hope ;)

4. I don't think so. I would probably do one at a time, but some people may choose to save up a ton of money and do one mass order instead of doing small ones all spread out. Perhaps some find it easier that way? I wouldn't think it to be uncommon, though.

5. For myself, it's pretty common. I never do layaway's, so it gets to be a bit interesting when paying my credit card haha! My biggest worry is that two dolls will end up sharing the same birthday (arrivial date). A little quirk, but an issue nonetheless. I love seeing other forum members waiting on more than one doll, it just makes me happy :)

6. When I was at the height of buying BJD, I had them coming in pretty quickly, though that pace is something I can no longer accomplish. I don't think it is all that uncommon, but I did strive to pay off a doll on layaway before making any other major purchases. It never seemed right for me to make someone wait for their money, yet spend money on other dolls at the same time. Otherwise, arrival pace just truly needs to be what a person is comfortable with and can afford. ;)

7. *glances at signature* Er, I may not be totally impartial on this one... ;)

I think people should pace themselves however they are most comfortable. If that is one doll at a time, that's perfectly fine. If it is enough to form a barrier wall of boxes in front of your house that could double as a medieval fortification if they should all arrive at once, that's all right, too. Common or uncommon, the only important thing is that you don't overextend your finances, and that you're comfortable with your choices.

8. I dunno. I think if I had the money, I might do the same as well haha!
      I just can't save fast enough to buy more than one every 3-6 months. So I don't think it's that unusual. XD
      Hope your dollies make it home safe!

9. I'm trying not to buy more dolls... So, naturally, I have two on layaway right now. *_*

I don't usually have more than one coming at a time, but one was only being sold for a limited time, and then the other came up on the Marketplace, a limited doll that I'd been trying to resist for a while, but I just caved...

I prefer getting one doll or less a year. Sadly, I too often see too many that I want... :(

10. I'm actually saving up for my next doll already. And my first one has yet to arrive home. I don't really see it as anything bad or rushing it. Especially if the waiting time in getting them is pretty long. It'd be neat to have 3 on their way. XDDD Don't know why but it just seems like it'd be super exciting! So no, you're not the only one out there that's done the same. ^^

11. I'm currently waiting on two, which is unusual for me, but I was getting in on the Fairyland event. Because I wanted the
      M-head for a character and so ordered a MNF body and my planned MNF boy, so then I qualified for the M-head AND she had a body :XD: They're both on their way now. So yeah, it is unusual for me, and this is a rare occurance, but not uncommon in general as others have said :)

12. Nevermind what other people do, it sounds like you have the money and your husband supports you. No one is going without food and all the bills are paid. Enjoy your dolls. I once had a doll on order and bought another one that came before the first one. Then I got kids (real ones). I'm lucky if I can afford a head one year and a body the next LOL

13. It's definitely not uncommon.

Sometimes I find doll after doll I want/purchase and sometimes I have no dolls on the way. I've only purchased one doll this year but in the past I've had multiple dolls on order.

It all depends on the time of year (companies have specials) or if the MP have exactly what I'm looking for (or tempts me with) or if amazing sculpts from different companies come out around the same time.

14. Wow, this thread has really grown! ^^

Thank you for all of the responses. I certainly feel better. I know I shouldn't necessarily apply a 'standard' to myself, but I was just curious about the feelings of others on this. :D

15. don't feel guilty lol at this present moment I have a Luts SD Dark Soo on layaway and a Yder head on his way soon I just bought a Lu-Wen, and that was all in about a week in a 1/2 my collection grew from 5 in Jan, to well ..... *stares at sig* yea .... I've been really bad this year, Yet I love them all and most days I have at least one come with me to work! so as long as you keep loving each one why not get a new boy or girl!

16. I've done something similar. I'm planning on pretty much getting two dolls around the same time, and these two would be my first :x I didnt plan on it but it kinda happened. heh but if you love them all it shouldn't matter how many you get and how quickly ^^ although it depends how long you take to bond with them ofcourse. I may have to Hide one of my dolls for a bit so i can bond with the first one better, then the second. (I'm looking at limiteds, so I find it is better to buy now then miss the chance)

My sister's standard is to get two a year, and I will follow that if I can but it is mostly due to money costs more than anything else. Its interesting to see how other people plan it. lovely thread idea xD

17. Erm, I've done this before. I bought my Souldoll Philippa on mid September last year, along the way while waiting for her, I fell for Iplehouse's Chase and bought him as well, so I pretty much waited for two dolls all the way till mid December, where they arrive not too far off from each other. It was quite exciting, actually XD it was like an early Christmas present for myself.

I... don't really have standards. If I really like, want and love the doll and can afford it at that moment, without anything else holding me back (bills, debts etc.), I will buy it.

18. I am waiting for two fairies to fly their way home to me right now! A Victorian Winter Odette and a Luts elf Ani ^_^

The first two dolls I bought also overlapped, and the second one I ordered wound up arriving first.

I just started my collection this year so I had a ton of first-time/one-time doll purchases to make. Doll stands, a collection of eyes and wigs, panties, and supplies. I plan to keep a lot of that stuff around no matter what my doll collection looks like, but it was still a little overwhelming to have so many things coming in the mail at once. I was part of three consecutive Dollmore GO's O_o I had to keep a spreadsheet to keep track of it all!

It certainly made me feel like a dolly lush but I know that as I learn more about my own tastes and things that I'll truly need to take good care of my dolls the mass purchasing will slow down a bit. :)

I guess that's more than just several dolls at once but I think the feeling is the same!

19. Though I can't speak for myself as I don't have a doll yet, it doesn't seem uncommon to have more than one doll waiting to come home. Layaway provides a very convenient way to acquire dolls (as someone here informed me) ;D Also, since it is your hobby and it's for yourself, you shouldn't feel inclined to set a standard for yourself. If you can afford it (without other life factors getting in the way) and you enjoy it, it's alright to indulge (responsibly), right? :)

20. I don't find it uncommon or unusual. I would only buy one at a time because I support myself and I live alone and I pay on layaway. I think it's pretty awesome you've bought so many. If you can afford it, go for it!