1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it Wrong to Buy an LE Doll to get LE Outfits?

Aug 20, 2007

1. I don't mind a bit. Actually I've gotten the occasional good deal on a 'naked' limited edition doll. :) Makes me happy!

2. i find no bad point in selling the doll. for one, you paid most likely a higher price to get a specialty outfit, yet you don't need another doll. second, some people may want that doll style, yet don't want to have to buy the clothes as well. as previous people have said, there is nothing wrong with this, because it has the opportunity to make multiple people happy (as long as you're fair with the pricing -_-)

3. I see not a thing wrong with it.

There's plenty of LE packs that I like the outfit, and not the doll, or the other way around.

Why keep a part of it that you're not going to use if you could sell it, and give someone else a chance to have the part you don't want.

4. As someone who repeatedly falls in love with gorgeous dolls dressed as I would never dress them -- go for it. You will find someone who only wants the doll.

5. Ditto to what everyone says, I dont think its wrong and it owuld make someone very happy!

6. as everyone's been saying, it's a win/win for two people--you get an outfit you want, and someone gets a doll to love..

7. If you have the money, nope I guess not.
      Depends how limited the doll is though I guess

8. I don't think it's wrong. I've bought 4 LE dolls, and I only plan on keeping one if them, I want to sell the others. But I will keep their clothes. I paid for them, but wasn't satisfied with the dolls - they are nice, but don't suit my taste as I thought they would. But I like the clothes, so why shouldn't I keep them?

9. I think this is kind of a silly question, because there's really nothing at all wrong with doing that. People do it all the time. They sell the LE heads, clothes, body, hands, whatever else they don't like about that LE doll. So what would make it wrong to buy the doll, keep the clothes, and sell it? As everyone else said, as long as you're not selling the doll itself for the price of the set, while you keep the clothes, it's perfectly fine in my book.

10. I don't think its wrong to get what you want and possibly help out someone else to get what they want.

11. I have done it. I had the intention of keeping the doll, but when another doll presented himself, she was rehomed as an extra. AnnMarie

12. hmm, do you mean it's wrong to the company or wrong to sell the doll at a high price
      when outfit is not even included? I don't think there is anything wrong as long as
      you sell it at a fair price (that is selling at the price that you bought the doll).

13. if you love the outfit and not the doll, there's no point in keeping the doll when someone else is in love with him/her. The only issue I ever see with that is when the price of the secondhand LE doll without the LE outfit is often as expensive (if not more sometimes) as the original with outfit is. But it's kind of hard to price LE anything especially after they've been sold out. Tis the nature of the hobby I guess *shrug*

But why hang onto a doll you don't want, when someone else will be thrilled and dote on it with or without the LE outfit?

14. It is totally a buyers choice, they have been doing it in the doll world for years with Barbies etc, I say go for it it if it makes YOU happy that is what BJD is about right?

15. Of course not. If you want the outfit and sell the doll that came with the outfit, do it.
      There is not wrong about it if that's what you want to do.

Enjoy! :)

16. Personally i think it would be a shame to buy a LE doll just for the outfit, whilst i am not here to judge anyone who does, i wouldn't buy a LE doll just for the outfit, it would be a lot of money to spend just to get an outfit, sure you'll probably be able to get a fair price for doll provided you excluded the cost of the outfit when selling the doll. Because LE dolls are exactly that limited edition, it may be unfair to someone who may miss out on buying the LE doll because they wanted both the outfit and the doll. I myself do have an LE doll and i would have been extremely annoyed if i had found out that i had missed out on buying the doll because someone had just bought the doll for the outfit regardless of whether or not they later sold the doll it still wouldn't be fair. Anyway this is just my thoughts.

17. Wrong, not really. Expensive, yes. Especially when you can usually find someone who is buying the doll for him/herself and will sell the outfit anyway.

18. IMO, i don't think it would be "wrong"
      as long as the doll would go to a good home....

Then again, you wouldn't re-sell the doll for terrible high prices, right...?

19. Absolutely not, not in the very slightest! Not IMO anyway.

If you bought the doll for the outfit and then planned to inflate the doll itself on the market then yes it's sorta "wrong" but nothing you can do about it really.

20. No way I believe you can buy any LE you want for any reasons you want :)