1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it Wrong to Buy an LE Doll to get LE Outfits?

Aug 20, 2007

1. I don't find anything wrong with that. I was tempted to purchase Iplehouse's Bibiane LE just for the outfit and the gun holster. If I had the funds then, I probably would have hosted a split so someone could get the doll via a long layaway if they wanted it. ^_^

2. It's a bit strange... but its kinda good. What if someone really wanted that doll and you were able to give/sell it to them? maybe they couldn't afford it while they were ocfficially selling.

3. I think, you can dress your doll any way you like, and it doesn't depend on what doll you've bought. You can by any dress you like, or even make it yourself!

4. well i can't disagree with this since i bought my first BJD which is LE and i'm only going after the clothes and the goodies event :sweat

but i don't think its wrong , if you don't have any interesting of the doll you can always split ;)

but as long the person didn't sell the doll with price as much as the LE full set outfit is ^^

5. Well part of the LE is having the LE outfit so if you like the mold of the doll then why not buy it for the outfit as well?

6. So true! I don't think it's wrong at all, in fact you may be helping someone get a doll they really love :)

7. Like most people here, I don't think it's wrong. Though usually, I would enter in a split with someone else, and they can get the doll while I get the outfit. Some people might not be able to afford the full price of the limited doll, so in this way, it could actually help the person buy the doll they want at an affordable price, given that they don't also want the outfit.

8. I don't see a problem with it at all. If there's someone who just wants the doll, it's a win-win for everyone in the end. ^^ Just don't go around and charge the full retail price you paid though, since you're not including something. That's just wrong; you always need to charge a bit lower. ^^;;;;;

9. That's what splits are for.

10. I see nothing wrong with that--sometimes great outfits are very hard to come by. For this very reason I like to buy "full package" dolls: you get the doll you want plus some clothes. If you don't like the outfit, then it can be passed on to someone else, same situation with the doll-bought-for-outfit! Shared happiness!

11. Broken record, but I don't think there's anything wrong with that. It's not like you're going to throw the doll away, haha. Even then it's your money, your doll. -shrug-

12. I don't see how its wrong at all. BJDs are objects and honestly the world of consumers is a battle/race. Whoever has money and can get it first wins ^o^

Whilst you might feel bad thinking that someone else who wants the whole fullset lost out because of you, they can't deny that the fact you bought it first was simply it. Though this irritates me, even if some rich person bought the whole stock of limiteds and prevented the general public from purchasing any, as long as they got it the same way everyone else could have gotten it (through check-out and not a private dealing with the company), then they got it fairly and its theirs.