1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there anybody else who is happy with only one BJD?

Jul 23, 2019

1. I like to think that if I had waited for the perfect doll, it would have been possible to be happy with just one single perfect doll. I didn't wait and it's too late now for me since I'm very attached to all of my dolls. It is fun to have multiple in the same scale because you can pose them together, so I'm not sure that I would have been able to stay at just one in my hypothetical scenario.

It's perfectly fine to be content with just one! It's also fine to get another if you feel you need to. You make the rules for your collection. There's also no reason to rush. Your next favorite doll may not even exist yet.

2. At one point I wanted 2-3 dolls so I could pose them together and have different sculpts and sizes to play with, but now I'm happy with my single doll! I really think it boils down to each person's preferences because I came to realize that it gets tough for me to handle clothes, accessories and props of different sizes. I also end up feeling like I can't spread my attention well enough across so many dolls, I'd start to feel bad for the dolls I don't play with as much. I would also only bring out one doll out for dollmeets anyway, so I find it nice that I can just pose my doll with other people's dolls and have fun making them interact that way!

3. Not myself, but my friend Cory has only 2 and really only wanted one. And she says she absolutely does not want any more. She had admired my dolls for years and had said she didn't have dolls to play with as a child. So I got a YOSD for her birthday 5 years ago. She styled him as Harry Potter, being a huge HP fan. She made a little diorama for him. It was really sweet, and she was very happy with just her little Harry. But then She commented that it would be fun if there was a Hermione to keep Harry company. So a couple of years after she got Harry, I gave her another YOSD for Christmas, and that doll became Hermione. Now my friend is adamant that she wants no more dolls. She made me promise not to give her any more dolls as gifts.

#43 ParlourGoddess, Mar 23, 2022
      Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
    4. I truly admire those who can be happy just spoiling the heck out of one doll.:abow: When I began in this hobby so many years ago, that’s what I thought I wanted…one perfect doll to be my fashion muse so I could explore various styles to my heart’s content. But what I discovered from my very first was that she began to take on a personality all her own as I worked with her. And before you knew it, she was all, “You must be kidding! I’d never wear that! Get someone else to wear it!” And so it began…the long fall down the rabbit hole like some Alice in Wonderland character.:doh So the slow accumulation began…only 3 dolls a year, all purchased within my budget on layaway. But after so many years in the hobby…well, you can just imagine! So I often wistfully remember that one-doll-and-one-doll-only daydream I had in the very beginning, and I truly admire those who can happily maintain it. But in the end, for me, it surprisingly became all about character rather than style. Now, much like Alice, I wander through my own fantasy wonderland of unique characters in artistic vignettes throughout my home. And I thoroughly love the amazing journey this hobby has taken me on!:)

#44 PoeticSoul, Mar 23, 2022
      Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
    5. I'm happy with just one doll so I can shower all my time, energy and love on just one! I built up my collection to 5 dolls at one point but realised I'd always gravitate to one of them, and that made me decide to sell the others.

If I feel that my doll needs a companion, I'd just bring him out on dollmeets so he can interact with other dolls. It's always extra fun to see great chemistry unraveling between my doll and someone else's doll!

6. I will admit, I only have one doll right now and I haven't really felt the need to get anymore until just recently. I've had her for 2 years and only just started wanting another one. If there were more customization options available for my specific doll, I probably wouldn't feel the need to get a second one though. I would just keep the one and customize her like crazy. Since I don't have that ability though, I am looking into getting another one.

7. Have yet to even collect one but if I can at least have one I would be happy with that! Xd

8. Ive always wanted only one doll for myself. But once I got him, much like getting dogs, I wanted to find him a buddy. Im quite confident in saying that this will be it tho.

9. I could live with one doll if it came to that. Probably my SD boy. My biggest reason for not focusing on just one is that I'd worry about him being lonely! I know he's just a doll, but still. :sorry