1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there anywhere you refuse to take your doll? why?

Aug 10, 2008

1. I won't take my dolls anywhere I won't take my child. Honestly, I'm the sort who loves to take such things around with her, just to have them there, so my dolls (at least one at any given point) will go everywhere with me. Now...there ARE places I would happily drag them along to but would NOT pull them out of whatever carrier I have them in...including my own front yard. There's a group of kids that live across the 'T' in the street from me...and they destroy things regularly. Their parents claim to not speak English so these kids get away with everything they do. Including 'keying' my dad's truck. Scratched 'picture' swear words, and games of tic-tac-toe into it. So I won't be taking my future dolls into my current front yard when alone. Into the old section of town. Seriously, there are hookers standing on the corners by 11AM. NOT a place to have anything valuable openly in the view of others. *thinks* The local amusement parks are out of the question. I like rides. They don't allow anything to be carried onto rides. So things must be left in the car. That means no point in taking dolls along. Places like bars or where my mom is living at the time (read places I won't take my son!) as my mom smokes heavily and I'd rather not risk smoke stains...let alone the HOURS of cleaning it takes to get the smell out of clothes and hair, let alone wigs...other than that, I'd happily take my dolls anywhere with me. Some restaurants they'd stay in carriers on the seat next to me (I'm a total booth gal!) just because of the level of oils or grease in the foods served there.

Other than that my no-no places are places I don't go myself. Like one of my aunt's homes. She lets her kids do whatever they want, and gets beyond livid (like insane screaming and swearing and things) if you tell them NOT to do something...even if it's for their own safety, or for the protection of your personal possessions.

Other than that...any thing's fair game to me, especially for the chance of interesting photos. Honestly, if I lived near a beach, my dolls would so go with me for photos in the sand, collecting sea shells...whatever. ^-^ I know how to clean them now if anything happens, and would keep as close an eye on them as I do on my son to be sure nothing happens to them.

2. the kids in your neighbor hood need the cops calle don them for keying cars!

3. I don't really have a place I'd refuse to go with my dolly but I guess in VERY crowded areas. If there are some people around it's alright but when it's like crowded like an amusement park or a public market place then it's a no no for me.

I also went to a friends house but she had very younger siblings and I found them very sweet but annoying trying to touch my dollies D:

4. Fast food, restaurants, public bathroom, gross..... I have takken them to work, to friend's houses, rides in the car, and to stores. AnnMarie

5. I was thinking about this recently, about where I wouldnt do a photo shoot with my dolls.
      It personally annoys me to see people taking photos of their dolls in graveyards, I know I have done it in the past, but have chosen abandoned grave sites. I have seen people putting their dolls on freshly laid flowers on graves and I personally think its distasteful.

On a more positive note! I generally dont take my dolls into the public eye, but I love taking them to the beach nearby (making sure I dont get them wet or sandy of course ;) )

6. I've pretty much taken my girl anywhere I could have possibly imagined. I've taken her to school (she lives on the shelf of my desk in my dorm), around campus to take pictures
      of her, in a movie theatre, in a restaurant (including McDonald's X3;; ), to the park, to the mall, and to my boyfriend's house (oh the look on his sister's face! XD).

Places I wouldn't take her would be amusement parks and anywhere there would be a split second I couldn't keep my eyes on her. I've had my purse stolen on campus, but that doesn't make me afraid of taking her around with me; I just make sure I keep my eye on her (and my purse). I also wouldn't take her to student teaching. Like others have said before, kids are curious ones; they won't be afraid to go touch and play. It's a natural behavior for kids, so if something happened to one of my dolls that I'd carry to school with me, I would mostly blame myself. :/

I've gotten a lot of mixed reviews from people about Kaet, but I really could care less what others say or think about me and my girl. This is my hobby. I paid the money for her. If I want to go out and take pictures of her wherever my little heart desires, or just take her out to have around, then I'm going to do it without a second thought. For too long I've worried about what others think of me. It's sad that people have to be afraid about what others believe of them.

7. If a doll meet isn't going on, I won't take them anywhere with me. Even at a doll meet, if the group decides to go to a restaurant, or the store...I leave them at the house. I don't know, but for me....carrying around my doll with me everywhere is strange. XD I don't particularly like attention/stares...so I am more comfortable when they are at my place.

8. I don't mind stares as I've taken my dolls to dinner, to the park, and I love taking them to work (everyone loves stopping by when I have them!). I'm just very careful on thinking about all the possible dangers before I even think of taking them out. I went out with some friends for her birthday and I took my doll to her house and we were taking pictures of them in her neighborhood but I left them there when we went out because I knew the likely hood of them getting damaged was high. (drinking and dolls don't mix!!)

9. I don't take my dolls out too much--mostly because I don't want anything to happen to them. But even if I didn't have that concern, I probably wouldn't take many of them out because I just wouldn't want to answer a bunch of questions from strangers in most situations. Not to be unfriendly...I'm just usually in a hurry to get in and out of most places I go and wouldn't want to brush off peoples interest anyway.

If I did take a doll out and there were curious stares or interest, I'd definitely love to share info about them though--I think bjd's would appeal to many more people than what currently collect/are aware of them! :)

10. Thinking about it now; I really don't think I'd take Mystic to school :| Being ostracized for eight straight hours just isn't worth it to me. That, and my boy would probably get taken away for "being a distraction". Even if it were a "bring your favorite stuffed animal to school" day ><
      And it wouldn't just be one day of insults, it would be the rest of the year O.o; oh joy

11. Yeah, they do...but without solid proof, cops won't do anything. I'm actually disappointed that their parents aren't letting them stay out until 3 in the morning this sumer like they did last year...I was SO looking forward to calling the cops about them out playing so late....youngest is about 3, oldest is about 13...too young to be out that late even WITH an adult about, which there never is when they're outside.

So yes...those little monsters have me afraid to take my future dolls into my own front yard unless it gets fenced in. My son will NEVER treat other people's property like that...and at 2 is already learning how to properly treat the dollies staying here. Touch them gently, they don't go NEAR the mouth, and we do not throw them. He's actually REALLY careful around them now, it's pretty cute. At least, when he notices them...sometimes he doesn't notice them and toys come perilously close to hitting them, at which point the dolls get moved out of the path of danger.

OH! And I thought of another place that I'd have to think about taking my future dolls...our local zoo. While there could be awesome picture chances there...it'd have to be during non busy times, with fewer kids about, as so many parents tend to just not keep as close an eye as they should in such family friendly places, and then...it'd only be with my husband with me to help (read: trade off carrying dolls and watching our own little guy) and not once we have more than the one child until the kids are old enough to stay nearby and help with younger siblings or the dolls.

12. Um, the only place I wouldn't take my doll woudl have to be like work. I work in retail and around small children. So they might be scared and I don't wnat them to get their hands anywhere near my doll.

Oh, and college because I would never hear the end of it form my mother. >D

13. Work. Or at least my current part time job. I work at a nursery selling plants, so I (along with everyone else there) tend to get very dirty. I'd rather not handle my boy when I'm covered in mulch and leaves. XD

14. I don't feel particularly safe having her out when in the hallways at school. I'm sure she'd get bumped and banged since the hallways at my school are a bit narrow.
      But I don't mind too much when I'm in a classroom~No harm in having her sit on my desk!

I also refuse to take her to this local mall that I live near.
      Not only would I be ridiculed, there's a good possibility she would get snatched/run into/rammed on Purpose. D:

15. i have a three year old nephew who is mentally disabled (he is doing fine now but for a while one side of his brain wasnt growing =[ ) but anyways he is so cute when he tries to be gentle with dolls and animals, especially dogs he thinks he is a dog so he wants to be crazy and play with them the way they play with each other but when he pets them he does it really soft and he whispers "be nice dillon be gentle" (his names dillon) lol he's so cute

16. Honestly? Work (since there's not a 100% safe place for them most of the day) and anywhere haunted.. I wouldn't want to chance one of them getting possessed o_o;

17. lol ya that would be scary

i live right by a haunted hospital so ill probably have my doll pose in front of it someday

18. probably a mosh pit at a concert. however I have taken her to a concert I just stood away from the crowds, Im planning on taking her to an ammusinment park in october, ive taken her to my school/work ive shown family members, I think anything big I do Ill take my shall(and bobobie tiny when she gets here) Im not worried about carrying her because shes *expencive* the only people I would worrie about stealing her is people that know what they are, for example, I went to a christian concert festival thingy... lol and some kid said nice barbie, so the average person,at a quick glance may just think im some weirdo with a barbie lol I can immagine anyplace that I wouldnt take them, unless it caused myself harm like a mosh pit... lol I have a hard shell violin case for my girl so shes pretty safe

19. Anywhere I refuse to take my doll? Hm...how about everywhere? lol Dolls I buy will not be leaving my room, unless I had to bring them on a flight home. I don't like being seen with dolls or doll people in public, unless it's a convention.

I guess the only reason I can think of to back that up is I don't want to have to explain it to the people that wonder why the hell someone like me even has one.

:hamster:
      Tacti

20. There's very few places I would take mine ^^; I only took mine to college, meets, and I'd occassionally take a tiny out with friends to show them if they're curious.

It's just too uncomfortable explaining to random strangers why a seventeen year old is carrying around a doll.