1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there anywhere you refuse to take your doll? why?

Aug 10, 2008

1. lol all guys are dirty

well i guess not all but most

i know some grown men that i swear they LIKE to be covered in grease and mud lol

i feel like saying " well arent you a waist of a billion years of evolution"

thems boys cant come near my dolls lol

2. I was thinking of doing a photoshoot on the beach. But I don't know the effects of sand on my doll, such as the wig or sand somehow getting into the joints. Its not like I will purposley place her in direct sand or that I don't expect to have sand lets say blow into her ect clothing nd what not. Has anyone had this experience thanks for your insight!:sweat

3. I wouldn't take him anywhere where there are lots of young kids. D: I don't want to deal with little grabby hands.

Not to mention my trust level for children is you know... Less than 0. :P

I wouldn't take him anywhere where he could be easily dirtied or broken either, I guess.

4. He waited until our Loss Prevention guys were distracted, and hauled ass. He had some buddies with a pickup truck waiting, did some massively quick heavy lifting and they bolted with the thing in the back of the truck, shopping cart and all. You'd be surprised what people will do when they've really set their minds to it.

5. I can't think of anywhere offhand that I've ever been that I wouldn't take my dolls to. I guess the only places I wouldn't take them is somewhere I wouldn't be able to watch them well, or someone I trust wouldn't be able to. (I trust a few close friends who also have dolls to watch them for me in public sometimes, they're very careful and respectful >w< my dolls are their babies too, really).

I think maybe I just wouldn't take them to the gym? XDD I don't want to touch them if I'm all sweaty...

I've taken them to a few of my classes (art/paint involved) but once the paint supplies come out, they get put back in their bag.

6. My family = almost all female

So, I'm definatly wary of men. xD I don't think I'd just hand my doll over to a man that wasn't clean or wasn't family.

That includes my bestfriend's kid sisters... I'm so worried about bring him over to her place, because of them. D:

7. There are a lot of places where I don't take my doll to. But the most I refuse to take my doll to a place where people smoke.

8. You have no idea.....I work at a department store and we've had those huge heavy mixers and comforter sets go missing! Out of the packages! o.o h-how?

ah! but anyway!! I did take my MSD in her case to work once. I worked third shift so we were locked in so it was easer to keep track of her, but I would never take them to my new job....mostly because its a factory and its sooooo dirty!

They've gone just about everywhere else though...I don't think other than work there's really anywhere I wouldn't take them...

9. I don't have a doll yet, but I think I'd be most scared of taking it to anywhere it could be damaged (around a ton of children, for example). I definitely wouldn't take my doll to a Korean BBQ with all of that food, goodness!

10. Maybe I just live in a special place, but kids don't touch things when you tell them not to. So I don't care about going to places with a lot of kids, as long as I always keep my boy in my sight. (But that's a given). The key around kids is reaction. If you recoil and horror and run - yeah, they'll want to annoy you. But if you calmly tell them not to do something, they will usually listen.

And I guess I'm also one of the special few who can take their dolls to work. I work in a research laboratory, so everything is super safe in there... If anyone wanted to jack something, they'd find more expensive things to steal than a doll. And everything is squeaky-clean and sterile, too. Although there's kind of no point in taking him other than maybe a photo shoot in a lab coat.

Where I wouldn't take him? Hm. I can't really think of a place provided he's wearing his face cap and is safely and securely packed. Other than shady sides of town of course, but I wouldn't take myself there either.

11. Places with children.

12. My boys aren't here yet but I wouldn't take them to school. I wouldn't want them to be taken up and the hallways can get pretty crowded, with lots of pushing and shoving. *_*

I wouldn't take them to most restaurants for the same reason as most people. Grease + Resin = :o Not to mention the possibility of spilling something on them. Anyplace that they could get damaged, stolen or really dirty is out of the question.

I wouldn't go anywhere alone with them really, but I don't like going anywhere alone anyway. And most places my parents wouldn't want/allow me to be alone so it wouldn't happen even if I wanted to. Of course, places like the park behind my house or around my neighborhood would be no problem.

Hmmm...I don't really have a problem with kids. I can be pretty intimidating, despite me being a 15 year old girl. Even with a doll I'm sure I could get them to leave me (or at least the dolls) alone. A glare and a growl will work most times, and I can always walk away if it doesn't. I'm bigger then them too so I could simply hold the doll out of thier reach.

Annoying little kids (or annoying people in general really) can be taken care of easily if you ask me. Just do what he does ---> :roar

13. Umm yea, I actually wouldn't take them most places. I wouldn't take them to a restaurant or work. I certainly wouldn't take them to school, I'm a criminal justice major and most of my classes are populated by big, stupid, meat headed guys and I can only the imagine the effect my cute, adorable Latis would have on their manly sensibilities.

14. This. I just went to see Billy Idol on the 22nd and no way would I have taken one of my guys with me, both because of the risk of damage from careless people and because I would have been too distracted to keep an eye on them. Most other places are fair game for me and my boys. Hell, I already get enough stares cos of the bleached blonde mohawk, studded vest and bullet belt, so what the bloody hell do I care if I get a few more stares for the "creepy dolls"? If I take my dolls out I'm not going to be embarrassed to be seen carrying them. If I was embarrassed, I wouldn't take them out in the first place. I'm careful with my guys when I'm out, but not to the point of "OMG you came within a meter of my doll! DIEE!" I have, however, wanted to kill the guy who shouldered me into a doorway while trying to squeeze by me while I was carrying my ark and nearly broke the tip of his ear off. It's idiots like that I watch out for when I'm out.

15. I learned not to take my dolls to work because when I took Lil one day last year, they had just cleaned the ducts and hadn't bothered putting any coverings down on the desks (or even thought to let us know they'd be doing it!). So I put Lil down, not realizing how dirty the desks were, and her brand-new WHITE outfit got ruined by the black crap that had been blown out of the ducts!

So yeah, the kids no longer go to work. They go to meets or to my friends' houses and that's about it.

16. The playground at my little sister's school :o!

17. I work at Target and stuff gets stolen A LOT. My girl wouldn't be safe there.

Other places would be amusement parks, because it's hard to keep track of your dolls while you're on rides and such. Not to mention concerts. I've been to an An Cafe concert. Crazy as hell.

Bringing your dolls to ordinary public stores would be awkward as well. I also wouldn't bring my dolls to restaurants, unless other doll owners are with me.

18. Any bathroom. At least if he's not packed away. Like jsut now he was in an airport bathroom, but he was in my carry on lugguage, so it's not like anything would get on him. So yeah.... I don't even bring him in to the bathroom at home. I wash him in the living room. Don't know why.

.... any place really steamy. a busy kitchen or a pool area. Just seems asking for it to get water where I don't want it to get. I want him to have some life to him, just not of the fungal kind XD .

19. Well, there isn't really anywhere I wouldn't take a doll. However, I don't usually take my dolls out in public. Mostly because I don't want to hear the "You are too old for dolls!" from complete strangers. Though I should probably bring my girls into work for my co-workers to see since they saw my dolls when I first got them. Maybe they'll appreciate how much work I put into customizing them :sweat

20. -This goes for me, too. And other places that could be somehow harmful.