1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there more than one version of Volks SD16 boy?

Jan 3, 2006

1. Dechanique - Ooo, a standard SD16 would be really nice :3 Then again, they don't have any standard SDC or YoSD yet... >__>

2. I'd be surprised if they don't-I doubt they've designed that whole new body and joint system for just one doll ^^

A standard SD16 would be sooooo cool..but to be honest, I doubt it ;_;

3. They probably will release more SD16 eventually. :) But probably only as LE's. Though it is a little frustrating having so many LE only doll types from Volks -- SDC, Yo-SD, Swarrico girl, and now SD16 -- and the more types they release the less likely each one is to be released at any given Dolpa ('cause they only release so many dolls at each one, and there are so many different types!).

4. o yes i hope they do and did u say they are going to have 2 dolphas in august?!?!?! better start saving my money now O_O;;; !!!!!!! i cant wait to see who else they will release!

5. I am hoping that there will be SD16 FCS in the future XD

I really want to see the SD16 girl though.

6. I'd really like them to, but I'm sure i'll still love yukinojo the most. But perhaps they could wait till have money, yes? haha.

7. I'd like to see SD16 versions of the other Tokyo boys. XD Y'know, with them grown up a bit more like Yukinojou is. X3 Mmm, SD16 Isao... *drool*

(While we're on the subject, how 'bout a SD13 Yukinojou? XD Or even a SDC version, that'd be cuuuute. Ooh, SDC versions of the Tokyo boys... X3)

8. I have a feeling Volks has no desire to release any more non-limited molds, other than what's currently available. The available non-limited types have even been reduced - the 4 sisters SD13 regular sale versions no longer exist. The same thing seems to be true of their "alternate parts" business - they have never put replacement SD13 girl hands in their stores for sale before, so I think they just might never do that now.

Volks seems to now definitely prefer to specialize in limited editions, followed by FCS.

9. What I am curious about is whether they will re-release Yukinojo in a different outfit?

A SD16 girl is bound to happen sooner or later. I say they can take their sweet time to get her perfected and also give me a chance to raise the fund.

Would you like her to have flat feet or arched feet for high heel shoes?

10. It would be incredibly nice if an SD16 girl actually had as much poseability as Yukinojo or even SDC Arashi, not just "swarrico legs" like the SDC girls. :) (C'mon, sometimes girls WANT to (and do!) sit crosslegged!!)

I personally find flat feet to be more versatile, if one has to pick only one style. High heeled arch-design feet really limit what you can do with more casual looks, things like sneakers / mocassins / barefoot, and ethnic / period wear. Having high heeled feet tends to confine a girl to the more dressy modern Western-derived looks. A moderately heeled shoe still can work with a flat foot - our girls have several heeled shoes that merely aren't too high.

11. the key to making a product better is by adding something people want and need. I think it's pretty clear how much the BJD cult needs another, especially a girl. LOGIC. Volks has logic, yup yup.

12. Jeebus, I hope they rerelease some kind of SD16 boy! I need that body!!

I didn't have Lex(SD13 Tony) when Volks released the SD16 boy, and now he's decided he wants the big body. I don't have the $1800. to buy a 2nd hand fullset, so I guess I'm SoL until they do decide to send out another round.

I guess I'll save my pennies and wait for the Dolpas.

13. So I was just browsing around...as usual
      and just adore yukinojo´s body

the sd16 mold did not speak much to me in the first place, I did not like his facemold and did not pay much attention as in those times I was looking for a very masculin mold (which I still have not foundXD)

but the body...
      OMG

I think it is just the most incredible succes in posability, talking to people I´ve seen it is becoming more popular amongst fans

then Olivia comes out, and eventualy more stuff for sd16....I think they must have in mind the idea of releasing more molds

...so my question is...
      do you think volks will release more sd16 molds in a not very long period of time? (say...within this year for example)?
      do you think they plan on doing it?
      or are you on the "I think they´ll first see if olivia gets as popular and they´ll wait some more" side?

would like to know your opinion^^

14. Well, there is a second SD16 girl already, named Amelia. And in her storyline, there's a frog prince. Currently he's a SDCute 'frog'... but its very likely he will grow up to be a very handsome SD16 prince. It would be silly to make Amelia's prince be a SD13.

I think we can definitely expect to see a new SD16 boy this year.

15. oh I see I forgot to mention Amelia!
      but I have to admit I did not know the frog prince part (that is a little too...given?)

of course he´ll be impossible to get as always
      but I only hope he not too androgynous (though being a prince...he most likely will..)
      anyway , one can die from curiosityXD ^^

16. I'm really hoping for a SD16 prince. Although it would be horrible for my budget...

17. I am hoping one will be release but by that time I will be in China probably :(

18. I'm fairly certain there will be an SD16 boy this year. I got to visit the store back in mid October and I asked about this then. They didn't actually say it was for certain but that it would most likely happen.

I agree that now with two SD16 girls a new boy is extremely likely. I just hope he's not quite as expensive as the first one.

And lastly, I just hope they start introducing more clothing for this size doll and that it is easier to order. I entirely missed out on Thanksgiving but I did win the SD16 Olivia set from DP16.

19. This may be just Wishfull thinking, But I'm hopeing to God they realese an SD16 Price for Amelia:D I have a Yukinojo Already whom I love, but I'm now going to need a New SD16 boy for my Amelia:love Come on Volks give us a rugged Gorgeous Masculine Prince!!!!!
      ~Anthony

20. There has to be an SD16 boy SOMETIME. Otherwise, I'm waiting for a lost cause! :)