1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Volks Nono SD Headmold and Nono SD13 the same?

Sep 29, 2005

1. If that copy error had been of Nono13 instead of pureskin Nono then that would have been really something ;x

2. Wow! This has been a very interesting thread to say the least! Thanks Guys!

Judy :D

3. A very interesting thread. Many thanks to everyone who has posted. I'm inclined to take Volks word for it right now.

4. Chill, lady. O_o;;
      It's like Ken said, no two heads are exactly alike. There's a Nono13 head in FCS and her head and Ryo's head must have enough in common for Volks not to include him. The sisters head are the same but have little ningling differences..again, not enough for Volks to put Kira, Megu Nana and Sara heads...just F01. A singular head has been used to make a boy and a girl doll before, Licht and Leona are good examples. So are Nicolaus and Sylvie.

Yeah. that's it. So technically everybody wins! XD
      They're not the same head because no two heads are the same but by Volks FCS they are the same.

Good luck tappindoll hope you get your dream girl. ^_^

5. Erm, I really didn't get the impression I was overreacting, or being unreasonable. o_o;; And you seem to have misunderstood completely. I wasn't talking about differences in the head might get in the casting and production, of course no two dolls are exactly alike. I'm saying that Ryo and Nono13 are two separate headmolds altogether.

Nana, Kira, Megu and Sara are all the same mold (depending if you're talking about the first generation four sisters headmold, or the new makeup version headmold), regardless of any differences they may get in the cast and production. Same for goes for the other heads you mentioned. But I'm saying that Nono13 and Ryo are different headmolds -- not that they have differences because of the casting process.

6. (Not to hijack the thread, but--)
      I thought that the Sato-exclusive F-18 was the SD Ken/Mika head? It's just similar, you say, and not actually the same?

7. You weren't? Oh good. XD

No really, look at the official pictures for the Sisters 13 head there are inconsistencies. But eh, I have a soft spot for the sisters. XD

How can you not think them different, really. Before you got the email from Volks. Tell me, what do you base your opinion on? I emailed Volks asking them again if the Ryo and Nono13 heads are the same. Honestly I think they are, I'm basing my opinions on what I see when I look at the pictures. I see the same head. No big differences whatsoever. Even though they just said "Oh, they're not the same." What I want to know is what makes them different. @_@;;;

To shizalent: The F-18's cheeks are kinda puffier and it's head is shorter. Close but not close enough. But Volks will not put exact replicas of limited heads in FCS, it wouldn't be fair to actual limited owners. O__o;;

8. Oh, I see about the F-18. Thanks, WrappedUp and Valentine!

9. Girl, they're just pictures ^^ Any doll can look drastically different under lights, with different makeup, etc. As you say, there are inconsistencies, sure, but as I keep telling you, they all come from the same headmold.

How can I not think them different..? Which heads are you talking about? As for Nono13/Ryo, of course they're similar, but I never assumed they were the same because as I wrote before, a collector friend of mine told me they were different heads. So I always had that belief that they could be different, and Volks confirmed it.

10. But Leekeworld has a SD13 Kira and you can see the different eyes. Leekeworld -loves- the sister head XD

What are the chances of someone having a Ryo and a Nono13... Anyone? I wish I had side by side photos. >_<;;

11. Somewhere I do have exactly such a photo, though with 23000 or so ABJD images on my computer, it could take some time to locate....

And here is a thought that technically satisfies both sides of the argument.

1) Ryo and Nono13 are not from the same mold. each has its own mold (physical rubber thing that has all the appropriate holes needed to cast a doll. (I have seen vido footage of such a MSD mold.)

2) The original carving for Ryo and Nono13 is the same physical head/carving.

As such they are identical, being from the same carving, but each really does have its own mold. That would mean Volks denial of the same mold would be correct - in as much as they did not understand what we were really asking.

Found it.
      [​IMG]

For what it's worth, I used to be convinced they were separate designs, but something obviously has changed my mind.

Ken

12. Excellent photo, Ken. =*__*=

13. KEN! :D
      Gah Ken, you're my hero...again! <333

14. [​IMG]

Forgive me for lifting a photo....... I just need this to show something that I am still questioning..... The eyelids on this Nono (in red beret) seem larger (the crease is a bit farther up than the pic posted above of Nono and Ryo together. So.......... Does that mean that this is a SD13 Nono or has it been moded? The only reason I want to know is because I just adore the way this Nono looks and might consider trying to do one in a similar way! (That's why I asked the original question)

Thanks again! And again, my apologies for lifting the pic from the auction.

15. Looking at it more..... her chin even seems more rounded and not so pointy..... Hmmmmmm

16. Phew!!! :D Thank you Valentine! You just saved me from a $600 mistake! I think I will wait and try and get one FCS if I ever can make it to Volks in LA!

Judy

17. Good luck! I hope you can get your dream doll soon. =*^_^*=

18. Actually, I can't take credit for the photo. I forget who took it, but am sure they won't mind it being redistributed due to purpose of it being exactly what we are discussing. It was taken years ago when one member had both dolls to hand when we were discussing the similarities/sameness on a previous occasion. :)