1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is your doll based off an existing chara?

Mar 27, 2006

?
  1. Yes - he/she is based on a character from a movie, book, anime, etc.

2. Yes - he/she is based off of an existing RP/story character

3. No - he/she has their own personality, looks, etc.

4. Both - I have some dolls based on existing characters and some not.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. All my dolls are my own characters that I created. Although I am basing a future one off of Szayel from Bleach because the idea of a effeminate pink haired mad scientist thrills me X333

2. I guess the more i imagine my doll(s) will be, the more i got Hayate the combat butler characters in my head...I want to 'create' a story with my dolls with their characters but not exactly as those in Hayate...It's just i want them (cute girls) to be friends from the same school, etc, etc, etc...
      I'll be watching K-On series...i think, they will inspire me a lot, too...
      I'm thinking to add a boy so my story can be more complex (^o^) but I'm not so into a boy...I'm afraid, i can't dress him up better and i will end up by keep purchasing clothes for him...that's not good

3. Half and half...? xD
      My dolls have their own personalities/backstories that are different from my original characters. I find it's easier to get the dolls that I want/like and make fresh backstories for them than looking for a certain sculpt and everything to fit my character...
      But currently my doll has the same last name of one of my characters... so they're somehow related, though he's never actually mentioned in my stories... ^-^"

4. All of my dolls thus far are made to mirror my RP characters, which are all based from Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time.

I say thus far because I have come across really interesting add-ons like hooves and pan horns and I might someday deviate from 'RP chars only' and make something totally original. Peapod doll has mermaid tails for yo-sds and ballerina feet for SDs *.* I'm constantly amazed.

5. Most of mine are based on characters from stories I write, and a couple are based on anime, video game, or movie characters. But I do have a couple that just sort of stand alone.

6. no, though she does wear Hinaichigo's outfit most of the time

7. No, my DZ Megi is unique *lol* Just a normal school boy ^^

8. Yup! My Shine is the resin-form of my character Rae, and all my future dolls will be in the image of my characters too. It's just a nice way of making the character more...real - being able to truly interact with them, in a sense, instead of just writing/drawing them ^^ It gives them a new dimension!
      It's also a pain since I have an annoying habit of endlessly creating new characters...who will of course one day need doll bodies as well! :XD:
      (Not-so-mental-mental-note: Must complete experiments on creation of money-growing-trees...X3)

9. My Rika is Rika Furude from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. Yumeko (if/when I ever make a doll of her) is the main character in my fanfics and is an original of mine.

10. My dolls are really creating their own characters and world as they come to me. I didn't think I had room in my head for *another* fictional realm, but there you have it, haha. I find it is rather like playing The Sims, you start of with a town and a couple of characters and the plot thickens as you populate it!! :XD: To me it is becoming an exciting part of the creative process :)

11. My first girl is based on a character I've had for years from my personal writings. I was browsing dolls one day and the face lept out and said "I am Elena. Take me home!". I'd really like any future dolls I get to be from the same story as her, but who knows?

My second was a bit of an impulse buy lol. I built her character a little on her way here, and she's pretty solid in my mind at this point. But she wasn't pre-exsisting.

12. Yep. Both of my dolls represent my two most 'active' and significant and fleshed-out characters.. but honestly, it wouldn't have turned out this way if I didn't just LOVE their faces. I'd have probably picked another sculpt and went with a new character if there was absolutely nothing that suited them. I was lucky enough to have found a MNM of the perfect celeb (who I have the major major hots for :V), and not only have I always been in love with Ryu he actually resembles (a much prettier version of) one of my oldest characters who is, in fact, the most important to me. And because, in their 'canon,' they've been best friends since forever and end up together in the end, there's no reason at all they won't want to pose for pictures together! It works out like a dream.

This also helps me decide what I need for them. I'll never get uninspired for their characters and have to sell them, and it's not going to be a challenge picking out hair and clothes and eye color - the challenge will be finding or making what I already know I need. And personally, I prefer it this way. I've got my list and there's some weird little part of me that gets a thrill in writing check marks next to things, y'know?

13. well they exsist in my head ;)
      but otherwise no ;)

14. I voted Yes - he/she is based on a character from a movie, book, anime, etc., although I should say Both - I have some dolls based on existing characters and some not, because ten of my twelve BJD are my resin version of Eiichiro Oda's One Piece manga and anime series characters and only the other two my own creation ones. I love writing and that is how these two were born in my mind. I have role-played with almost all of them and decided to turn them into BJDs in most of the cases because I love the title they come from and the characters they are.

15. Hmm, most of mine are based on anime/manga characters. :3
      Hakkai - based on Cho Hakkai from the anime/manga Saiyuki
      Kazuki - based on the manga alternate/"real"!universe version of Fuuchouin Kazuki of the anime/manga GetBackers
      Fai - based on Fai D. Flourite of the anime/manga Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle
      Van - based on an RP/original character of my own creation, Van Hermes

Even my planned dolls..!
      Sakura - based on Sakura-hime of the anime/manga Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle
      Watanuki - based on Watanuki Kimihiro of the anime/manga XXXholic
      Integra - based on Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing of the anime/manga Hellsing
      Minoru - based on an RP/original character of my own creation, Kasaya Minoru

Basically... I love the characters a lot, and they mean a lot to me, so they end up "staying" with me in doll form. :D I love it.

16. My Alice was based off of Alice Liddell, the real Alice behind "Alice in Wonderland" by Lewis Carroll. :)

17. The Leo that I'm waiting on is going to be heavily modified and become an old D&D character of mine who has always had sort of a mind of her own. I loved the sculp when I saw it and in the process of going back and forth between the various ones I was looking at, it occured to me that it looked sort of like the chibi version of her. And apparently just THINKING of her is enough to wake up the muse. :P She is demanding her own blog and has issued orders for quite a lot of Things That She Wants....

MT

18. One is, the rest are my own characters from a shared story with a friend. ^^

19. I have six dolls based off existing characters (Chronos, Nith Batoxxx, Nith Nassam, Jesst Vebbn, Sornnn SaTrryn, Tseng) but that is it. All of my other dolls are original characters from my own stories or my characters from roleplays

20. All my boys have their own personally, right at begining. I would make some character after I own them!