1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is your doll based off an existing chara?

Mar 27, 2006

?
  1. Yes - he/she is based on a character from a movie, book, anime, etc.

2. Yes - he/she is based off of an existing RP/story character

3. No - he/she has their own personality, looks, etc.

4. Both - I have some dolls based on existing characters and some not.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. The Soo Ri on his way will be based on Shindô Shuichi from the yaoi manga/anime, Gravitation.

The next doll will be his lover, Yuki Eiri.

[​IMG]

2. Ilú and his family are all original characters of mine who've been in the works for a long time, the oldest around eleven years (Ilú's grandfather) and the youngest around three (Ilú's boyfriend) I'm planning to have my nine central characters in resin form eventually... it would be wonderful to look across the room someday and see the little people who've lived in my head for so long actually sitting there and looking back at me ^___^

3. Xerxes' an anthro character I have had for a long time, and as soon as I saw El, he just screamed out Xerxes. It's just a great feeling having your characters actually there to touch, and I plan to bring most of my characters into doll form.

Sam and Damien just appeared, they're not based on anyone.

4. Almost all my boys are characters in my comic, Schism. Though I liked BJDs when I first saw them, the thing that really doomed me into this hobby was being able to make dolls of my characters. Vikas is the only one I have that wasn't based on a pre-existing charatcer, which took a little getting used to.. I went through spells here and there when I didn't know what to do with him or how to make him fit with my other crew but I love the little guy to death and I could never get rid of him. =3

5. That's kind of how I feel with all of my characters. I'm getting James first, then I will try getting one of his three boyfriends for one of my friends as he's her character (The bf, not my James). After them I need to get two D.O.T Lahoos for my twin angel boys Claudius and Avicus. Then I need a D.O.T Camine for my vampire, Augustin. After those guys will be a D.O.T Shall for my oldest character, Lunara and finally (I think) a Tiny Fairy Jerome for James's cousin, Kek.
      My oldest character, Lunara, has been around for almost 12 years because she was inspired by my kitty, Eleanor, (she's now dead). The newest character has been Kek and he's only three years old.

6. Heisa was based off nobody. I waited for him to arrive before getting his personality down~ I wanted it to be this way for my first doll because I thought it would be a nicer bonding experience, and it is.. He is, by far, the closest one to me~

Renji, on the other hand, is supposed to be based off Abarai Renji from the manga Bleach. I mean, with Renji's character and everything.. But after living with him for so long, he started developing his own character which is actually pretty far from what the original idea for him was.. So at the moment, he's just got the name and look of Renji(from Bleach), but the personality is his own~ Hehe~ This will probably be the case for Byakuya as well, who is currently still in wait of his full mods, i just need to get a frickin' eye beveler..

I have future dolls planned, and these ones were created around the dolls that i want to own eventually, so i can't really say that they're existing muses, even though they are already in my head..

7. Meme, the only BJD I have at the moment, is based on one of my numerous original RP characters. My friend asked me once why I chose him, as he isn't my favourite RP character. I couln't answer back then, but now I think I have found the reason for my choice - he is like me in so many things, but also my total opposite in other things. If he were a real person, I think we would be "soul friends", ie friends who understand eachother without even words, the perfect harmony and understanding. I have some friends like that, and I think were he real he would be one of them. He has also had a very rough time, so I have really strong sympathies for the character, and maybe by making him into a doll I wanted to "save" him from the hardships he has faced and take good care of him :) His personality has, however, continued to develop as a doll, so now there are differences between the RP Meme and the doll Meme :)

Etienne... I didn't choose him, he chose me. His personality has developed in my mind ever since I chose to get him.

Dalarion is an interesting case. In a way you could say he was a character who existed beforehand, as I one night saw a dream with a BJD called Dalarion in it. I bonded strongly with the doll in the dream, and when I woke up I just simply had to find the doll ^^;; So his personality is strongly based on the dream, but it has also developed a bit on its own afterwards.

8. My first doll, Eru, was based off of my debut RPG character, who I played for over two years and who became the subject of all my drawings and stories. The only other RPG character I've ever played was actually her daughter ^_^ Yumi. Having created Yumi, it was a short step to creating the rest of Eru's children, some of which I have already made into doll form (Akari and Seina) and others who are still on the way (Shiro and Himeko). The next doll I get will be my boyfriends RPG character, Tristran. By some strange coincidence Eru and Tristran fell in love over the course of our very long game. Their love story is still extremely precious to me, and I can't wait to have Eru and Tristran together in doll form. ^_^

9. Kiyoshi; No, I made his personality once I fell in love with Si.

Bailey; Based of my RP version of Brian Molko his look however...I don't know where that came from.

Two of my future dolls are also based off my cleberiy RP.

10. I'm the exact same way! The only reason I chose the names I did is because I love all of them much, but they don't have anything (other than gender, and perhaps a bit of the "default" facial expression) in common with their namesakes.

Except Sesshoumaru. That was a total "art doll" type situation ^^;

11. I buy dolls because i like the sculpt and not really to fit an existing charachter. Snow and Ruby have both developed personalities, but i had no ideas about the personalities until after i had the doll, and i don't write stories about them or anything.

besides they couldn't be my RPG charachters because i usually play half orcs. (D+D) :)

12. dsfjsdkf Tori Maia!?!

13. My boyfriend and I are hoping to bring to life this character
      [​IMG]
      Her name is Aurora, she is a character from an online RPG known as Lineage.
      We want her to have the same clothes that she is wearing in this photo as well as having the staff (she is a spellhowler in the game more or less one of the most damaging mage's in the game).
      We are hoping to get a white skin Lishe from Luts to become Aurora.
      We are still unsure of some details such as how old she is and her general background. I am pretty sure these things will come in time and even more so when we get Aurora.

14. My doll was based off of my original character Coal that I've had for almost seven years now. I think as soon as I learned about these dolls, my first reaction was to find one that made me think of him. I am thinking about maybe later getting his dead girlfriend for him, but right now I'm having fun just having him all to myself.

I think it was difficult at first thinking of having such an important character attempted to be brought to life in this way, but luckilly I found just the right doll. I really do think his face sculpt resembles the way I think he looks wonderfully and there have been no issues so far. In fact, I feel a lot more connected to my character now that I can hold him in my arms.

It's definitely inspiring to me.

15. Yes and no.

Kaiden was one of my existing characters
      Hunter got his own character made for him
      Ghost made his own character.
      and Nicky kinda went along with Ghost

16. most of my dolls are based on either characters i have made or characters from animes etc. :D

17. Ooh, just voted in the poll forgetting that I actually have both. Pritz is based off an original character, but Imogen is a brand new character, with her own looks, personality, etc. I think I was less nervous about getting a tiny without an existing character than I would have been about getting a big doll whose personality I didn't already know, for some reason.

18. Well, I don't actually have a doll yet ;) but when I do get my first (MNF Shushu) she'll be based off a character I've imagined and developed for years. So, she'll be based off a character, but not a preexisting one - er, one that exists outside me? *_* yeah.

19. my first doll i didn't but, my MnF shiwoo fits an original cahr of mine that i've always love, but never gave enough attention to. so he'll be my first^^ i just have to figure out how to make his tail. *beat brain for ideas* oh, and no, he's not a cat boy. i've got a REALLY old drawing of him somewhere *digs through da page* :o http://elfy016.deviantart.com/art/blinded-45661342 that is an old and ugly pic of him:...(

20. Aleksei, Odii and Nano are not based off pre-existing characters. They just sort of happened.

Alexander (just call her Xan) is based off a dream. Seriously, I had a dream one night, and ever since, her story has evolved into what it is now. I'm trying to save for her love interest, but I have yet to find a mould that is him.