1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is your doll based off an existing chara?

Mar 27, 2006

?
  1. Yes - he/she is based on a character from a movie, book, anime, etc.

2. Yes - he/she is based off of an existing RP/story character

3. No - he/she has their own personality, looks, etc.

4. Both - I have some dolls based on existing characters and some not.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Yuppers. At the moment all the dolls I plan to have come from anime/books/video games etc. Right now I have at home Zuko (Avatar the last airbender) and Elphaba (Wicked). :sweat

2. None of my dolls are based on pre-existing characters including my own. As each doll arrives I learn it's name & a little about it but there's always more to it, or so it seems, that the doll reveals as time goes by. They're all part of the same universe & setting though that's fairly well defined.

I can't really imagine having dolls that represnt pre-made characters as it would limit how the doll could be & I'd miss that whole free flow of ideas & character developement that occurs with my resin family. I enjoy the surprizes my dolls have in store for me.

3. Yup! Every one of my boys and future boys based is based off of Rp/novel characters that were created about 8 years ago and are still evolving, literally to this day. I bought my dolls specifically for the purpose of turning my most beloved characters into resin form. While it's true that I have over 50 created characters, the five that I hope to someday accumulate into my entire collection have their own little 'ring' if you will, in that they are the ones dearest to me and they all fit together in the same universe.

I think it would be interesting to have a doll with no preexisting character initially and then just see how that doll grows and I'm considering on buying a 6th doll to do this with, since I absolutely hate odd numbers and I'd like to even my collection out. However, I'm not sure how well this would suit me since I like my collection being it's own little group, and I'm sure it'd feel weird having a doll that didn't belong with the rest. Not to mention I have a very controlling personality so I think it would rrive me nuts to have a doll who I knew nothing about xD

4. I didn't have any characters in mind with I bought my dolls - while waiting for them, their personality and character developed in my head xD

5. Both, most of my dolls start as characters from my stories and I want a doll of them. Some are based a lot on real people or other people's characters, Jareth and Taffy, House. A few have come somewhat out of nowhere. Until she came I had no idea what to do with my tiny, another little girl came in a swap, a guy was a floating head until a body came along. With the ones I think of it's easier to bond, but once they arrive they all stay.

6. Fuyu didn't come based off of a character, though when I finally figured out who he was it was sort of one of those "DX how could I not know!?" moments. XD; He's got his own character tied to one of my very first ones, so he's sort of on the edge there.

Deskri, who will be coming soon, is based off of a roleplay character. : x I find it easier to connect with "people" that I already know, seeing as they've been living in my head for however long. Fuu was hard to connect with until that one moment, but I think Deskri will be easier to get along with... >>; If his personality permits....

7. I am a underground comic artist here in Norway, and my doll Emily, is based on my main character. My coming dolls will also be based from my comics and novels. :)

8. Yup. ^_^ Both of my dollies were originally based off existing characters but double as new characters with different wigs and eyes. The character that one was based off of is actually my friend's.

9. My first girl, Fleur, was bought then I started to make a rough character for her. When she came, I added more details and I've been learning and creating her more and more since I got her.

Alwyn, my other girl, belonged to my sister, but I had bonded with her more. So when my sister decided to sell her, I decided to buy her. After I made the decision, I played with her somemore and started a character for her. Almost every hour brought a new detail or fact.

I'm one of those people who look at a doll, or anything really, and start making up a story in thier head XD. These characters have changed and developed and I now have a main storyline, more or less. ^_^

10. My dolls are based on my own story, but not existing characters like anime, movie, or comic book characters.

Just my own little story.

11. Recently, I looked at a CP El and thought, Albel Nox from Star ocean! I then decided that Albel will be my next lovely....Once I save and finish off my current baby. This is the first time though a character of mine will be based off of a previous character, so I guess now I have to say both!

12. My dolls are really their own characters. They are based off of my original characters. So, its fine really
      They accepted their character personality. Since I made them from the doll.
      They are pretty awesome

13. My first doll is going to be based on one of my vampire characters. There's Ratio, Radius, and Diameter. So far though, Radius is the only one who's been given an actual character. So right now everything depends on what wig I'm able to get for him.

14. I have a little bit of everything for my dolls (both that I have and want)

Anathema (MSD Sakura kit)(home): I got her right after I got a 'new' copy of Good Omens and was rereading it and when I first put the wig on my MSD I thought she kind of looked like how I imagined Anathema Device in the book and I did kinda like the name. I'd had no real plans for her so I named her Anathema. She has her own personality and is not the character from the book, but she is based on her to a point.

Carmine (DOT Camine)(in his way): I actually made a character based on the doll. I got attatched to the misspelling I made of his name and had ideas of what I wanted him to look like and was pretty much going to do like I did with Anathema and wait to see what he turned into, but a friend and I were talking about getting dolls together and they developed....

Oliver (DZ Shoyo boy)(saving): I was looking around and came across the Dollzone Shoyo doll and I stopped. I wanted a head with big eyes and slightly pouty lips and she just called to me. And the more I looked at her the more I thought she looked like the doll version of one of my RP characters named Oliver. I've never seen a doll that made me think of one of my characters and I can't just let that get away!! It helps that Oliver does occasionally wear Lolita dresses......

15. Gah. I clicked the wrong answer. My doll is based on a book character - Severus Snape :love

16. Yis! I have this MASSIVELY HUGE OBSESSION with Kyo, from JRock band Dir en grey, and once I saw that people had dollfie's made up to look like them, I knew right then I absolutely HAD to get one. ^ ^

Because of that I'll probably never get another too. xD; I'm pretty content with Prophet.

17. Yep.

The dolls I hope on getting in the future will be based on characters from a story that I've developed over the past couple of years.

As of now I have the first two, Damon(Damon Alekzander Jhoz'Morill III) and Yemeni's(Yemeni Ashemenia Bardon), models picked out. (IpleHouse SooRi, and D1 Flexi Perennial Saisha). The third, Alek(Alek Joseff Bardon), is a bit hard to find because he is more 'manly' and more muscular. I might not even do him. So as of now, I only focus on Damon and Yemeni because they are married in the first place.

I hold them all dearly and they are like my own little babies. Especailly Damon, because he is just somewhat like me, in a way. And I am proud that I made him. <: This group of three is something that I don't want to give up.. and making them become 3D is what I really want.

I just can't buy something and try to make into something new.. It's really hard for me to do that.

18. My Adrian is based off of a character of mine. When he arrived, he really seemed to fit that character.

19. My dolls are just themselves. I don't even know their names before they are finished...neither do i know their personality.
      my dolls don't have "history" either... their story starts the day they start living with me..

- karina

20. Takeru's personality came to me when I saw his mould XD
      I don't really have an obession with manga/idols so I don't base my doll off anything :)