1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Your Doll Better Dressed Than You?

Feb 19, 2017

1. I think we're equally as well dressed cuz I take a lot of pride in my personal style so the same reflects in him however I buy him way more clothes than I do myself :XD:

2. Considering she only has one outfit now, no. LOL. But she will have prettier things in the future! And will most likely end up spending more for her outfits than I do my own. Can't really go to Ross for doll clothes lol.

3. In terms of price I’d have to say not really. My dolls and I are about even on the money I'm willing to spend for some good quality clothing. I like ~fashion I guess and enjoy looking at runway/model photos so I try to follow trends for myself and I think that reflects in my dolls.

As far as everyday personal style, one of my dolls is definitely far better dressed than me. He gets dressed in suits with ties lmao and I’m just like I’m going to sit around my house in my leggings and oversized sweaters.

4. In terms of the medieval period, yes she is better dressed than me, even when my girl is in her knight armor she is better dressed than me.

5. Of curse...

6. Yes:lol:
      Their clothes are more beautiful and more expensive!

7. Haha at the moment my dolls are better dressed! I haven't been very confident lately but it's been so much fun shopping and dressing my dolls in outfits I wish I had! :D

8. Being fat and having little money left after pets and dolls, my dolls are definitely better dressed than I am, most of the time.

9. Yep, mostly better than me as I usually wear jeans with random shirt and sneakers xD while my dolls have many kinds of shoes, jackets, sweaters, different accessories, etc.
      So I usually spend more time thinking about what they are going to wear than in myself.

10. Sadly, the dolls are much worse dressed then I am. I usually get clothes from thrifting or clearance sales so usually they are like $3-5 per thing. Doll clothes are usually much more then that. My dolls only have a few outfits each.

11. Its kinda sad to admit, but yes, my dolls are way better dressed than me. Well, doll clothes seems have same price or more expensive than real one, and I don’t care my clothing that much...

12. At the moment, no, but probably in the future. I don't care about fashion, I'm much more interested in getting stuff for my dolls. I'm just struggling to find the right things, since my dolls belong to a kind of fantasy universe. My girl has two outfits and my boy has maybe half an outfit, haha.

13. Nah. I'm a leggins and tunic kinda gal, but I still like to get dressed up in nicer clothes when I have to leave the house. My doll only had about 3 outfits, all very casual skirt + blouse combinations. I definitely should have dressed her better lol

14. Yes all if my girls dress better than me for some reason im always far more willing to buy clothing for them rather than myself i wonder if other people have similar thoughts .

15. All of my girls have more nicer outfit than me.
      But the boys, not really. Somehow i find it hard to get the “right” clothes for them.
      And maybe thats the reason why i tend to have more girls than boys XD

16. No. First come my needs. I like beautiful clothes, good cosmetics, etc. I can't buy the twentieth expensive outfit for a doll, but wear an old jacket myself. This is definitely not my situation. My doll has one good outfit and that's enough for me. I like this outfit. When I get bored, I'll buy a new one.)
      But he got new eyes. (Already twice in the last month...:wiggle)

17. I typically have more fun picking out outfits for my dolls then myself, even if I don' have the money for it yet. My own clothes are a mix of some tshirts and some visual kei inspired pieces, but I would still say my dolls have more of a fashion look then myself. :'D

18. Nope, I'm also well dressed. But I'd say that my doll looks better than me wearing her clothes - especially when dressed in her black maid outfit :kitty2 Personally I hate wearing dresses or skirts so I greatly enjoy buying her these kind of clothing since they look so cute!

19. I don't have a doll yet but my doll would definitely be better dressed than me. I feel like it's easier to dress up a doll than myself because normally I would need an event to dress nicely and my doll wouldn't really care for that. My doll probably has a no care attitude when it comes to getting dressed, no rules to tie them down. Plus it would be easier to find outfits that suited them better than that actually suit me. My doll would be the one that would try on the outfits I wouldn't think I could pull off in person. They'd be the more stylish one.
      That's something I'm looking forward to when I get my doll: all the clothing options to dress them in. They're going to always look stylish unless I feel like putting them in an unstylish outfit for fun.

20. definitely. She gets pirate and fantasy costumes and I have to wear regular clothes! :P