1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Your Doll Better Dressed Than You?

Feb 19, 2017

1. haha, oh my gosh yes! I love making Victorian period gowns for my dolls (so much cheaper than making full size gowns) and honestly I think I buy and make more for them than I do for myself lol

2. My doll sure does! They even get more expensive shoes than I do. I think treat them better than I would for myself. Then again they don't needed it as often as I would need to replace mine so I guess that one of the many reasons why their shoes cost more than human.

3. of course, my doll's cloths exceed number of cloths I have in just half year. And I put much more time, energy and money into buying my doll's cloths, thinking what might work. Meanwhile for myself, ok so this one is on sell (buy), and I like this new concert t-shit from my favorite band (buy).

4. That's a good questions. lol... When I start this hobby. I buy the clothes for My doll every months. I even have less clothes than My dolls now

5. I must confess that, sometimes I wasted more money in dolls clothen than in my oen clothes so... I supose so...

6. My minifee has better clothes that I have. I mostly make clothes for the rest so they don't have it so good :lol:, though they have better boots than I have.

7. So much! Midori wears what I wish I could wear in real life

8. My dolls don't wear anything I wouldn't and some things I no longer can or never could, but would have.

9. For sure. However I also have nice horse riding clothing for myself and there is no competition there.

10. Mine is way better dressed than I am and can pull off outfits better than I can.

11. Yes in so many levels hahahaha!
      Living in Singapore, the weather is either warm or really warm! We don't get the chance to wear nice warm coat unless I want to get heatstroke.. My dolls have pretty heels and shoes but I'll mostly wear cheap flats because they are so friendly too my feet and toes!

12. Yes because she doesn't feel hot.

13. Yes! They wear more cool clothes than me.

14. So much better! They have plenty of beautiful dresses and outfits when I seldom bought clothes for myself.

15. I'd say we're dressed about the same. Both have basic clothes that we wear because it's comfy. :lol:

16. Most definitely! I spend more money on their clothes than I do my own, and in any case, they look better in theirs, they have much nicer figures, so dressing them is much more rewarding as far as I'm concerned.

17. My dolls are spoiled rotten and get to wear all the neat stuff I'm not brave enough to wear myself! It's so satisfying to look at my dolls' outfits and see them look a thousand times prettier than my yoga pants + t-shirt existence.

18. Oh my gosh, yes! My dolls can get creative dresses involving lots of fiddly bits, and I'm a jeans-and-tshirt kind of person. Not too many chances to wear a hoop skirt in my everyday life, I'm afraid.

And at what point did my perception of what's "reasonable" to spend on doll clothes versus my own? I look at shoes for me and think, "$50 is too much!" and look at shoes for my dolls and think, "$50 for SD? Totally reasonable! Get 2 pairs!" :XD:

19. I've definitely spent more on their outfits than my own <.<

But sometimes I make it a point to have our clothes match. I love men's clothes. :D
      I would say with my unhealthy obsession with Sephora my make up is better though XD.

20. They have clothes I would never consider even attempting to wear but at the same time I also dress them the same as I would dress myself. Kinda.