1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Your Doll Better Dressed Than You?

Feb 19, 2017

1. Oh my goodness yes! I try really hard to give my dolls their own style, not just pick what I would want to wear myself but I also wish shopping for myself was as easy as shopping for dolls *lol*

2. I just got into BJD but,,, yes she is much much better dressed than me, at least she has a lot more cuter things she can wear!

3. I just received my first BJD and her clothes aren't even here yet... But based on the clothing I'm looking at compared to what I wear, yes, she will be dressed much better than me. I'm not sure why I'm not really into showing off my style through my own body. I just prefer to show it through my dolls and OCs better, I guess? :sweat Or maybe I'm just too lazy, lol. Whatever the case, I don't mind.

4. My doll is dressed just like me whenever I'm going out on dates, in terms of casual wear though they're always better dressed then me considering I'd never dress any doll of mine in casual wear. (Would remind me too much of a fashion doll)

5. Yes! Absolutely! I even cut my own chothes to sew dresses to my dolls.

6. Yes, very much so.

7. Yes. I could care less about what I wear but I want all my dolls to wear pretty clothes. They all have a perfect body for that anyway so they look good in anything.

8. Yes! That's 100% a yes! I could never pull off the clothes my dolls are wearing, what's not the point, but I like dressing my dolls in clothes I would never wear, because I like comfortable clothes where I can breathe. My dolls don't need to breathe so gimme that tight see through dress :XD: xP !!!

9. They used to be, But now that I've changed my style, I'm not so sure. I would say we are almost on the level, I may be a little better dressed.

10. Always. I just kinda wear whatever is available in my wardrobe, but i'm definitely picky when it comes to my doll's clothes.

11. My dolls are quite more fashionable and daring than me. I wear plain inexpensive clothes

12. I am a tee and shorts person so my dolls are definitely better than me! Other than my boys, all my girls wear girly dresses with headband. :)

13. Yes... I would never spend $100+ on an outfit for myself LOL. I just recently purchased an Angell-Studio dress for my SD girl, it's so beautiful but $$$$$ XD

14. I was just thinking about this topic yesterday! After almost a decade, my lolita wardrobe is honestly "done", meaning I acquired all the dream pieces I wanted over the years so from here on out I'm just looking at new releases, and so it's time to start focusing more on my doll's clothes rather than my own. I would definitely like for them to dress their absolute best, and that's actually now one of my goals going forward. I removed a bunch of head sculpts off my bjd wishlist and am now going to use those funds for new outfit sets for my current dolls, except my Lusion. She came with a Victorian-style fullset so she doesn't really need any better clothes :)

15. All my girls definitely have more style than me. Addi loves anything pastel. So I guess her fashion is Fairy Kei, yet I sit in jeans/leggings and a tshirt!

16. No, but all of my dolls wear clothes that I wish I could wear but could never pull off in real life. My dolls' clothes are more expensive than mine though.

17. Of course! I've been preparing Lolita style dresses for my girl for when she finally arrives, which is a style I've always wanted for myself! I wear almost exclusively wear crappy shorts and my SO's tshirts.

18. I'm a goth chick in a black hoodie, n stretchy comfy black pants. That's it. >>
      Meanwhile I love Victorian level design and frills and lace for doll clothes so I'm def gonna say yeah, haha.

19. My dolls are better dressed than me in that their clothes are more expensive. But the items themselves are similar, other than the really cute dresses I could never pull off.

20. I just ordered the body of my first BJD (already got the head wig and eyes) and I'm now looking at clothes to buy and I'm drawn to the pastel/kawaii ones because I could never pull that off irl and I dress very casually so basically...yes they're already more well dressed than me haha