1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Your Doll Better Dressed Than You?

Feb 19, 2017

1. I don't think she is better dressed yet, but certainly well on the way! She does have twice as many shoes as I do, and definitely more hair accessories....

Her closest is better organized, and she has a better jewelry box as well...

2. For work I usually wear ratty/stained pants and shirts that are stained and/or with holes in them, soooo. Yep! I guess at least I change my clothes more often than they do!

3. Absolutely - Seeing as how I wear T-shirt and shorts almost exclusively, and most of my dolls are Vicroitan/Edwardian children, they're not only better dressed than me, but wear more clothing than me too.

Teddy

4. I haven't got my doll yet (in the mail) but it will most certainly dress better than me living out my dreams of lolita and masculinity depending on the day. I'm a trackies and old comfy shirt kinda person though jeans might be introduced to my wardrobe.. still the doll will dress better

5. Yes! I even buy them clothes that are more expensive than mines ><

6. My dolls are always better dressed than me! I would laugh off a $25 too for myself but happily spend that on a top for my girls

7. Yes.The doll will dress better than me,I feel like they've always been better than me.

8. Absolutely, 100%, forever and always XD.

My dolls have silken gowns and golden leggings and embroidered jackets and I am futzing around in jeans or black leggings and T-shirts with a fleece jacket. I'm a complete slob compared to my dolls -- but they're supposed to be royalty, so I suppose I'll forgive them :D

9. Lol I wear pajamas unless I'm forced to leave the house, and one of my guys has an almost $200 suit so... yeah. They're better dressed than I am.

10. I've been lax with clothes now I've gotten older, but I also have expensive taste, which means I rarely wear what I want LOL. Everything I happen to *like* ends up being super pricey. I can already tell right now I will probably be dressing my dolls way better than me though

11. Part of the reason I find dolls fun is I finally get to dress something up, as that's certainly not happening in real life ;-)

12. yes! my doll clothes certainly cost more than I spend:lol:

13. oh, not at all! i have a pretty huge variety in my wardrobe and it's pretty much the same for my dolls. i wore a very gothic victorian look just the other day, but today i'm just wearing jeans and a t-shirt! likewise, i sewed one of my dolls a lovely green 50's-style dress with pearl buttons all the way down the back, but for the last few days, he's been wearing a pair of black shorts and a white t-shirt

14. I find a lot of "nice" clothing uncomfortable to wear (shame, because I love the way lace and embroidered panels and beading and long elegant sleeves look), so I clothe my dolls in what I'd wear if I didn't find lace/embroidery/beading to be itchy, and long sleeves unpleasantly confining.

15. I don't think my doll is better dress than me. But some of their clothes are definitely more expensive than mine ><. Actually I spend more money on doll clothes than dolls, cause I really enjoy dressing them up. I only have 2 dolls, but I had at least 30+ costumes for them to wear.

16. They are soooo much more better dressed than me. I wouldn't let myself spend any extra money apart from food because I really want to save up for my dolls. It's a bit crazy I realized, but I love them so much!

17. Uh, no. XD I think my dolls look nice where they sit on my shelf, but too many of them aren't wearing proper shirts under their jackets, have no underwear, or are in the long long long queue for shoes.

Plus a unfortunate amount of my dolls' clothing was made by me. :'D I'm a cheapskate about my dolls' clothing... sorry guys.

18. I'd say yes, if we talk, like, every day regular clothing vs what most of them wear. I have no reason to be dressed in suits, Victorian inspired attire, other formal/finer wear on a daily basis, that part is easier left to dolls.

19. Yeah they are...but i wont admit it hahaha, although i kinda wish they dressed better xD

20. I tend to wear tank tops and shorts in the summer, and otherwise, tshirts, jeans and hoodies. I like buying prettier clothes, but I never really feel like it looks good on me.
      So my dolls are absolutely better dressed than me! Especially when they get to wear the things I wish I could.