1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Your Doll Better Dressed Than You?

Feb 19, 2017

1. Oh yes! I think I live vicariously through my dolls, there’s certain colors and styles that I love myself but could never pull off irl or are just too outrageous and impractical, also it’s funny most of their clothes are sometimes more expensive and better quality than mine :sweat

2. Club Kid and Drag fashion got me interested in dolls originally. I could never (or want to) pull off a club kid or drag look. I love how people come up with unique artistic persona and I am happy to view them from afar. I have my dolls wear the crazy stuff!

3. Oh yes, and i spend way more money on their clothes than i should to for me. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

4. Their clothes are nicer then mine, but they still have to deal with my fashion sense, so it's a toss up.

5. Considering I spend 30$ on a shirt for my SD and maybe 5-10$ on some for me... :whee:

6. Kind of LOL I mean he has some outfits that are designed by dealers and also the volks sets... but he doesn't have enough clothes compared to me because 1. doll clothes are so much more expensive than human clothes and 2. i can't sew ;_;

I wish I can learn how to sew him a lot more clothes.

7. Nah, I'm a costume designer. If I dressed unfashionably it would probably affect my ability to get jobs. It might actually be because of that that all my more recent dolls, the ones I tend to focus on, have laid back styles. To give some examples, my most recent dude is a jeans and flannels guy and my most recent girl is all about casual dresses and leggings.

8. My dolls r all way better dressed than me im a dag

9. We are the same. My outfit probably costs less than thirty dollars total, yet I spent seventy dollars on one outfit for my boy just last week. :kitty1

10. Oh boy are they better dressed than me! Lol I couldn't imagine letting them out of the house in the stuff I wear most of the time! It's like with my kids. I'll wear whatever holey mess is comfortable as long as it's not falling off me, but they can't look like hobo mom when they set foot out of this house. Lol I definitely have a tough time spending money on clothes for myself, where as I can spend hundreds on the kids and dolls to make them look perfect.

11. Most of the time, yes. There are a few dolls I have who do not have developed wardrobes yet.
      I do not think I can pull off some fashion that I really like, so I dress my dolls in it instead.
      I also dress them in things that are not considered 'socially acceptable' to wear normally. I love gothic lolita fashion, but would get 'looks' if I wore it myself. I also love Japanese kimonos (yukatas and furisodes) but do not think I could get away with wearing that day to day where I live. Fantasy outfits and battle outfits are also things I only get to wear to conventions, but my dolls get to wear them all the time!

12. Definitely yes for me. My girls get to wear all the styles I cant. But its one of the things I love about my dolls :)

13. Hahaha... no... no they aren't. I'm still aquiring clothes for most of them. The one that I DO have clothes for, Sonora? Her personal aestetic is somewhere between 90s punk and a dumpster fire.

14. Oh yes. I think I’d have so many nice clothes without them but it’s more fun to dress them.

15. my dolls dress like total normies lol .... but they're still better dressed, if only because i love to deck myself out in garish patterns but only buy sleek nice clothing for my dolls. they look nice and modern and .... i look like a graphic from a 1997 geocities page??? funny how that works.

16. Merope only has two outfits so ... not yet, but she will be. She's adorable and deserves all the adorable clothing to go with her cute face.

Daphne will also likely be better dressed than me. Though more casually and comfy than Merope's frills.

17. Depends, my office doesn't really care how I dress so I look a little like a hipster hobo at work and they're definitely better dressed than me then. When I go out with friends or do stuff on the weekend I'm pretty vain and I am hands down better dressed than my dolls. I spend a LOT on my non-work wardrobe. I've also gone for a high fantasy aesthetic for my dolls so none of them really have a chance to be very fashionable :P

18. I don’t really care how I dress, but with bjd’s I think the clothes are really important, they help portray the era and characteristics of the BJD characters :)

19. My dolls are all dressed better than I'll ever dress, if I'm being 100% honest! I'm always told my fashion sense is a hot mess, so I try to not push my own personal taste of style onto my dolls.

20. I think my dolls dress about equally "nice" as me. We have pretty different looks (I'm a garish 80s leggings/hair/makeup type, and my dolls are all OCs with varied pre-planned styles) but overall about the same amount of effort goes into their outfits as I put into my own.