1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Your Doll Better Dressed Than You?

Feb 19, 2017

1. Oh definitely, and he's not even wearing particularly formal clothes, but I almost exclusively wear baggy t-shirts and sweatpants.

2. Absolutely yes lol. I mostly wear a lot of jeans/t-shirts or plain sweaters (when going to work). I don't like to spend a ton of money on fashionable clothes for myself. However, I don't mind it for my dolls.

3. Yes, I hate go shopping for myself but I love to look for clothes
      for my dolls. XD It´s much easier to finde some nice things for them ^^

4. Not when I am wearing Lolita :XD:

5. Dificult to say...we prefer very different styles...Some of their fantasy clothes are definitelly more fancy and luxorious than mine will ever be. To make human size versions would cost much more than what I'm willing or are able to pay for my stuff. On other hand, I wouldn't like to weare the same clothing as king Thranduil from The Hobbit, for example. But my wardrobe is ridiculously, ridiculously large because I colect unusual clothes. So, in some ways, I'm better dressed, in other ways dolls are better dressed.

6. I love owners who dress like their dolls; especially if it's for a festive event. When I actually have somewhere to go and have an opportunity to wear Lolita J-fashion, my dolls and I are dressed similar. For the most part, I don't have a "casually" dressed doll character...but I'd like to get one.

Its funny, I have been working on a 'story' for my two girls...yet how I dress them doesn't reflect the story at all LOL Idk why I have never thought of this before. Oh well, I guess I just need two more dolls who are dressed to fit the story *enabler*

7. Yes, though besides for work, im good with a anime tshirt and jeans or jogging pants.

My boys (especially mikami) has some causal things but generally his style is handsome suits and great clothing. same with my Girl, she has cute boots, shoes, dresses and outfits all to suit her. if she cant look cute in it, its not her style.

8. Hm...not sure. Clara's dress definitely looks better than what I currently dress in the most often (comfy oversized sweatshirts and leggings), but the quality of her dress is lacking. She's going to be getting new clothes soonish, though, so unless I simultaneously step up my wardrobe like I've been meaning to (I personally want to wear only dresses) then she'll most likely end up with better clothes than me soon.

9. Most of my dolls have a much better wardrobe than I do. *points to signature*

I have a few rock stars, a doctor, an Audrey Hepburn fan, two vampires, a goddess, a writer, a lolita and a Japanese prince so of course they all dress much fancier than I do.

I have had people say they "like my style" of Gothic Otaku before. I have even been called "a dapper guy" once. I really didn't know how to respond to being called "dapper.":sweat:kitty2

Ryu

#329 Ryuichi Sakuma 13, Nov 10, 2019
      Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    10. Sure. I have never bought any clothing item worth $250 for myself and I'm not willing to spend that much money on some outfit as you can get quality stuff with way cheaper from thrift shops, but I have bought a dress set with said value for my doll. I don't really enjoy new clothes on myself, I think old pullovers and worn jeans look nice enough, but I enjoy sewing for my dolls. I can sew, but I have only ever sewn one shirt for myself. Still have it in use, for almost 10 years now. Guess that's one way of affording new dolls regularly. I don't mind, I wouldn't even want to wear a corset like my doll does.

11. Me: Jeans and pop culture t-shirts.

My dolls: *casually drops 200+ on a dress*

12. It's debatable...I mean, I do like to dress up as often as I possibly can, but only my dolls get to have the luxury of wearing dresses covered with pearls and rhinestones the size of their hands.

My washing machine would run out of the house in protest if I tried that.

13. My dolls are honestly not greatly dressed at this point, so no :lol:

14. I would never spend as much on my own clothes... I've never cared about dressing up.

My dolls definitely wear more money than I ever have, lol.

15. Aside from shoes (because I wear almost exclusively Fluevogs) i'd say yes. I won't pay more than $50 for jeans for myself but OH HEY THE CARGO PANTS WOULD LOOK AMAZING ON ARGENT I NEED THOSE, proceeds to drop like $200 on doll stuff.

16. absolutely yes....I feel that outfits and accessories are way more expansive than real human things:chomp:
      my own clothes I think the average price is about $50 or less, bus some of my doll's outfits are $500 more, also I like to collect glass eyes and they are really expensive

17. Yes! I'm usually in a pair of jeans and a vest top tbh I've never been into clothes and dressing up myself unless it's for a special occasion.
      My girl has loads of cute dresses and coordinating bits and pieces, I definatley find it easier to spend money on doll clothes than clothes for myself :lol:

18. It's not really hard, because I am not a fashion freak and only have a small amount of clothes. But yet he has got only some pullies, three underwears and three pairs of shoes. So this time he isn't better dressed than me.

19. Considering she doesn't have shoes, not really xD But she's a little fairy so she can be excused I think!

20. I think my dolls will always be better dressed than I am because I also wear very simple clothing most of the time (jeans, t-shirts, and sweaters). It's just easier, and if I have no reason to go all out and dress up then I won't. My dolls will also always have better hair and make-up than me. I'd rather spend more time on their beauty than my own because they'll likely not change over time (unless I want them to), but keeping up with my own human body on top of everything else is just too much work. Not saying that I don't enjoy wearing fancy clothes and putting on make-up and everything, but I only very seldom do that. Not even like once a month either. Like once a year? I do it more often if I feel like I have more people to look cute for.