1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Your Doll Better Dressed Than You?

Feb 19, 2017

1. In my case, no, I usually dress better than my doll! He has some cool clothes but it's mainly casual, generic teen boy stuff.
      I think my own style is at least slightly more interesting and varied.

2. Yes, definitely. I dress for comfort. Although I do like dolls in jeans and t-shirts too.

3. Depends. I still have more shoes than my doll. BUT my BJD male is waiting for me (and my free time) sewing his Galliano t-shirt so he would be winner of BRANDs competitions. Poor me.

4. My Dolls have shoes much expencive then I have)

5. Depends on the day lol. I have super cute clothes, but it's not very practical for me to wear my dresses when chilling at home doing chores and watching a toddler all day.
      Most days I'm a hoodie and leggings gal. My Yosd size dolls all tend to wear cute/elaborate outfits, but my puki's are in simple medieval/fantasy clothes that's not much fancier them my leggings.

6. Lol!! that’s a big yes!! Not only better dressed, but their clothes usually costs more than mine too!!

7. Heck yeah my dolls are better dressed that me because they are easier to dress than I am and cheaper.

8. Definitely, I own few clothes for myself and usually much cheaper than my dolls' clothes lol

9. Haha, definitely! I may not spend more on my dolls than me yet, because my one doll wears Barbie clothes and they're pretty cheap. But he definitely wears better clothes than me, and a larger variety of styles. I'd pay a lot for the perfect outfit for him, though! For myself, I just wear t-shirts and the same couple pair of pants. :P

10. I honestly love really flashy fashion I just don't have the confidence to pull it off so I just live vicariously through my dolls lol

11. I dress for comfort mainly, and style only comes in second (t-shirts around the house and Boho when I go out someplace nice.) But my dolls? Spoiled, entitled, pampered prima donnas...every single one of them!:lol: One of the big draws of this hobby for me has been to explore all sorts of fashion styles through my dolls (particularly harajuku, historic, fantasy) without my having to endure the discomfort of wearing it myself. I can be as outrageous as I want with their clothing and they never complain...as long as they each have a large wardrobe to enjoy at the end of it all. They’re always jockeying for who gets to be my next “fashion victim”.

#351 PoeticSoul, May 7, 2020
      Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    12. Oh of course!! I literally shop at thrift stores bc I’m not a clothing junky like some people I know! BUT my dolls wear $50 jeans so yes they are 100% better dressed then me!

13. Yes! I used to love dressing up myself and i loved vintage mixed with up to date street wear style but that was back when I was in Asia , now I’m living in the US in Louisiana don’t go out as much , the few times I dressed up I felt overdressed so now I just wear basic clothes plus spending money on my clothes feels expensive meanwhile doll clothes seemed justified lmao

14. I’d say since I started the hobby my dolls have definitely looked better than myself, even though I like to wear cute skirts and heels. I used to dress up in lolita fashion but I haven’t felt comfortable in such attention grabbing clothes for years. However I still really love the aesthetic so I try to dress my dolls up nicely in frills and lace instead of myself!

15. Yes, most of the time, my doll spends more on clothes than myself, because I am not a person who likes to dress up, and I do not like to pursue famous brands, as long as I wear them comfortably and appropriately. But I like dressing up my doll very much, so I spent a lot of money on clothes for him, but I don't feel heartache. I feel happy when I dress him up. Spending money is for happiness. As long as you feel happy, I think it doesn't matter whether the money is for yourself or for dolls.

16. Yes , I always dress my doll as anime characters

17. We dress about the same.
      I pay more for doll clothes because it’s a lot harder to find well made doll clothing with real buttons, ect. I live in dresses, mainly 50s era. My favorite doll wears gothic lolita clothes, I used to wear classic lolita and kept some favorite pieces. I wish I could shrink them for her!

I’m extremely picky with clothing for myself and my doll so I don’t shop for clothes too often! But when I run across the perfect dress, it’s magic. Meanwhile I’ve got incoming dolls that require full ballgowns and armor, that’s going to be more expensive than my clothes for sure...

18. @Rive, if you have a source for your doll's 1950s clothes, feel free to share it. One of my girls is into that style, and I'd love to be able to find IH EID clothes for her. :3nodding:

I mostly live in jeans and t-shirts, but I'd wear more suits given the right occasion. I call my style "Gothic Otaku," but I also have an Australian Slouch hat that I've put Otaku and political pins on that I wear. :cool:

Ryu

19. I’m afraid those clothes are people sized, only I wear them. :sweat Sorry! I’ve definitely run across rockabilly style dresses on Etsy though!

20. I think I'll take another look at etsy for more 1950s style clothes for my Twyla.

Thank you @Rive !

Ryu