1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Your Doll Better Dressed Than You?

Feb 19, 2017

1. My dolls are definitely better dressed than me.. I am actually getting her tailored for a new dress xD something i would never do on myself lol but yea they do dress better than me, mainly because they are a part of me who wants to dress like that but is unable too due to the society being so judgmental. Also because there are hardly any stores who sell items like that so it's kind of hard to dress so nicely like my dolls xD

2. Always.

I spend more on their clothes too.

3. It depends on the day.

I work at a thrift store in a rinky-dink town. The dress code is jeans and t-shirts. But when I'm not on duty, I wear everything from Victorian suits to harem pants grunge.

That said, I spend more money on their wardrobe. I buy most of my own from thrift and clearance aisles. Can't really do that with BJD clothes. Even good secondhand prices will include shipping.

#23 Loptr, Feb 19, 2017
      Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    4. Most of my crew are much more formally-dressed than I tend to be on a typical day. I'm more about jeans and nice sweaters than I am about being trendy. I do like good clothes... and on those rare occasions when I do dress up, I do it seriously... but it's not an everyday thing. Besides, as a 47 year-old fatty-chan/suburban soccer-mom type, much of what looks great on the crew just wouldn't look so good on me. I just don't have Kestrel's proportions. :lol:

5. Oh, definitely! Considering that I bought a wardrobe for him that's fantasy-themed, I personally wouldn't be able to wear such extravagant clothes normally. But I love spoiling him with fancy clothes!

6. Depends on the doll, and on the day. Some of my dolls, like Tanner and Lakin, are very much jeans and t-shirt types. Others, like Hailey and Dhani, like to look good at all times, even in casual wear. And still, there's Hazle, who wears dresses all the time.

Personally, I'm sort of split between going all out pin-up or 50's housewife style, doing my hair and nails and makeup...or just wearing jeans and tshirt, hair in a messy bun, no makeup at all. So...sometimes my dolls are more dressed up, and sometimes they're not.

7. Yes, in almost anything they wear.

I'm a male and I'm not inspired by men's fashion and I find formal wear restrictive and uncomfortable. Because of that, my dolls will almost always be dressed better than I am haha.

8. Not really, but she is dressed more historically than me since her aesthetic is late 18th century. I make all her clothes for practice and bonding; unfortunately she's only as well-dressed as my slowly improving skill can provide. Plus I've had good luck at thrift stores and yard sales, so my own wardrobe is pretty nice.

9. Better dressed and a better figure. :/

10. ^ lmao at the above. Same case for me too.

And yeah, they are all a better (and expensive) dresser compared to me. And to think most of them are just boys. It'd be even worse if they are girls. :lol:

11. Depends on the day. Katen's a peacock and has some gorgeous outfits, but I am a clotheshorse of the first order and I have some seriously nice stuff. I work in a clothing shop (dress code: pulled together and on trend) and a jewelry store (dress code: quite nice and professionalish) so dressing up is kinda what I do. I wear dresses more often than not, especially at my jewelry job. However, on my rare days off, I live in athletic wear (think hoodie tunics and leggings/yoga pants). So it's half and half. Even my athleisure (dumbest word for a trend EVER) stuff is pretty nice though.

12. Oh yes, definitely. My dolls have a lot of pretty clothes, and I don't.

13. I'm a costumer and historical reenactor and my dolls are still better dressed than I am.

Teddy

14. For now my doll has no clothes but I do have a yukata (while yukata are casual it's still nicer than all of my casual clothes) and some nicer clothes that are kuro lolita and ouji/kodona style, so for now I have a bit of an upper hand I suppose.

15. Haha, yes. Half my dolls look like (or are) princesses. There's the satin ball gown, some elaborate sweet Lolita sets, one in a gorgeous Victorian pile of ruffles...

16. Consider I'm a male, and like my girls dressed up in beautiful Princess and fairy dresses, I would say so, yes :thumbup
      And I also believe outfit like these would cost thousands of Dollars if made for human :ablink:

17. Tom Davy, human stuff may be more affordable than you think but yes, it can get expensive. Do you have pics of your girls?

18. Yes. That is all.

19. My dolls are far more well-dressed than I am for three reasons:
      1: Being inanimate objects, my dolls can get away with wearing outrageous or fancy pieces a lot easier than I can. I'm a librarian and thus have to be somewhat picky about what I wear. Blue hair and Peter Gabriel-style makeup are OUT. But with my dolls, I can go nuts. They can be as flashy or as conservative as I choose. My only constraints are my own tastes and the varying fit of some pieces (not all Yo-SD's are created equal).
      2: Being small objects that don't gain or lose weight, my dolls can fit into more styles than I can. The girls can wear Lolita dresses and stretchy leggings without looking terrible, and both my boys and my girls wear skinny jeans with no fuss. I...well, let's just say that I don't have the body for those styles.
      3: Dressing me is boring. Dressing them is fun!

I would add cost into that mix, but my T-shirts tend to cost the same as a BJD-sized T-shirt, and some of my girls' Lolita dresses cost more than a whole outfit in my size. So price is definitely NOT a factor.

20. Half of them are dressed better than me, as I don't go to black tie formal events or have occasions to wear some of the REALLY fancy ballgown dresses that they wear. The other half is pretty well casual (although they have far better casual clothes than I have found for myself). The older I get the more I want to just wear my pajamas! :lol: