1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Your Doll Better Dressed Than You?

Feb 19, 2017

1. .

#61 Gintsumi, Apr 3, 2017
      Last edited: Mar 1, 2024
    2. depend on the day, but mostly yes because I really don't have that much time to maintain my selves clothes XD

3. Without a doubt my dolls dress better than I do. I know many of their things certainly cost more than mine do.

4. Definately! I just spent a whole lot of money on ONE outfit for my incoming guy. I've never spent that much money on one outfit for myself! The rest of my crew look good, but I'd like to upgrade their outfits as I can afford them.

5. Yes, also I would rather dress dolls anyway because the I don't want a closet full of clothes I will never wear again myself X_X.
      Miniature clothes are also so amazing because they can be as detailed as full outfits! They are also cuter because they are small :love

6. Most are not currently. I like dressing up and I go places that require it fairly often. They mostly stay home except for going to meets and conventions. ;)
      I need to up my doll styling game and also do some sewing though.
      Of the ones dressed nicely, one of my girls has an Angelic Pretty lolita dress, another a DH Fer set, one boy has a nice hand-made set, another wears a tuxedo full time. My fiance's fave girl usually wears a good business suit so I think I'd count that as well-dressed. The rest really need nicer clothes. I've seen some dolls styled very casually and they look so well-coordinated and effortlessly chic but mine? I want them fancy!

7. Absolutely! Sometimes I'm jealous that I can't wear clothes as cute as my crew.

8. I haven't gotten my doll yet but I just wear leggings and t-shirts, my doll will be wearing frilly and cute clothes. So they will definitely be better dressed then me.

9. Well, I had a little accident with the laundry last week end, a cap came off my chapstick in the washer, so, I am wearing a grease stained shirt in dull gray. The dolls wear handcrafted jewel tone silks.

10. tbh our wardrobes are getting more and more simillar.
      "I collect dolls for the fashion aspect" I say as I buy another plaid shirt for my girl xD;;;;
      they have way better shoes though!

11. I would have to say yes. I rarely buy special stuff for myself. The shoes especially. I know I will spend more on theirs. Per pair most of the time lol.

12. I love Lolita outfits so all my girls are very beautifully dressed. I however am to lazy to even put makeup on unless it's for an event. :)

13. ☆YES☆
      When choosing my clothes, I consider the comfortness for the first. And at doll clothes, looking pretty is the one and only thing to consider!

14. Depends on the doll? I have a lot that just wear casual modern stuff and that's mostly what I live in. But my vampires and elves are all decked out in finery 24/7. So, compared to them I probably look like a hobo.

15. Combining some other people's thoughts, since the dolls don't need to change daily, they can wear fancier more detailed items for less (sometimes ;) ) cost and without fear of kitchen disasters...the dolls do dress better! But I've been striving to wear rhinestones every day (earrings or a pin or haircut) and it seems to help me feel "better" dressed on an average day :) Though I admit some days I'd kill for cute shoes that fit as simply as theirs do!

#75 Deb@Play, Apr 12, 2017
      Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    16. It depends on the doll. ;) Some get the couture clothes, but a lot of them are hoodies-and-jeans types like me. Heck, some of the are even wearing my old jeans! (Recycling for the win!!) I wish I was less lazy about knitting things for myself, because a lot of my dolls have lovely sweaters and the like!

But some of my girls have very similar dresses to some of mine...hooray for fabric leftovers! So I guess I mostly have a very similar wardrobe to my dolls. ;)

17. hehe xD Im sure my BJD have more clothing than me. Even he has also LARP costume too.
      Who wanna see orc armor on Fairyland PKF tell me xD :)
      However he has better and coolest outfits than me.

18. i'm very into fashion and ~aesthetics~ and choose clothes that i personally like/would wear for my dolls so we are about on the same level.

19. From what I've got planned, I think my dolls and I will be on about the same level. I'm snappy dresser, lol.

20. I don't dress up myself better than my daughter, so yes, my doll is better dressed than I am. I loved seeing her in fancy dresses. Even her casual blouse and jeans are way nicer than mine. only exception is her shoes. I haven't got her nice shoes yet.