1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Your Doll Better Dressed Than You?

Feb 19, 2017

1. The dress I ordered with my Angell-Studio Charlotte was around AUD180. I normally wear AUD5 tshirts, so she wins.

I do have a suit for weddings/funerals/job interviews which is more than that, but apart for the aforementioned occasions spends its time in the wardrobe.

2. Yes x100.
      I'm willing to spend $200+ on a single outfit for a doll.... compared to not even wanting to spend over $20 for a tshirt for myself XD

3. In my opinion, I dress as well as my dolls. And I have more clothes than all off my dolls. But I know girl, who is ready to go naked, but to dress up her dolls. She has only one pair of shoes for 1 season, but each of her dolls can boast of ten pairs. With clothing is the same situation. One day, the only pair of shoes of my friend started “to ask to eat” (I hope you understand that I mean). Do you think she went to buy a replacement for herself? No!!! She went to buy new shoes for her doll!

4. Nope, my dolls are not better dressed than me- as I love fashion and have a A LOT of clothes for myself! >__<

I tend to stick to black gothy stuff myself (All Saints, Commes des garcon, Barbara I Gongini etc). My boy dolls tend to wear mostly black understated goth/punky clothes, quite similar to what I wear myself- but pretty much all my girl dolls wear antique looking dresses, Mori inspired stuff and colourful kimonos.

Anyways, I love fashion and I think my dolls love fashion too ^__^

5. No question about it! I wear Walmart and Kohls old stuff and they get designer clothes. I wear worn sandals and the doll gets a pair of 70 dollar boots! LOL

6. Of course! LOL! I dress casually and when I had all guys, they wore jeans and tee shirts like me. They had some dressy clothes and kimono, too. Now their outfits run the range from casual to kimono to multiple ruffles, especially with girls now in the mix.

7. Yes, absolutely! I dress very casually (usually in a hoodie and jogapants), where as my girls have a lot of dresses. That being said, their clothing style is the style I dress myself when I'm not too lazy to make the effort.

8. Since they're not restricted by practicality, I anticipate living vicariously through my dolls with cute heels and heavy skirts that wouldn't work for a college student. Basically "fun outfits" while my own wardrobe, while having some nice pieces, is comfy and contains a limited palette. The thing that gets me though is the cost of doll outfits and shoes... most items are almost half what I'd spend on myself! It feels like too much.

9. I love dressing up in cute clothes at any given opportunity, but I do think that a couple of my dolls do dress fancier than me. xD I love their looks, but I would look a bit ridiculous parading around in satin corsets and skirts with long trains or frilly lolita-esque dresses that wouldn't suit me day after day. My other girl also dresses pretty cute, but her style is much too childish (she is supposed to be a kid after all) and is the most casual of my dolls, so I would say I do dress better than her most of the time as I like to dress up a little bit more than that when I go out.

10. My doll hasn't even arrived yet and she's naked, and she's already better dressed than I am--- 8'D

11. I'm better dressed or equal to my dolls. I dress them in the same styles I wear and am a fashion design student, so looking good is important to me. It can be kind of hard to decided weather to buy doll clothes or human clothes though...

12. No, I would say that I dress my dolls in equally as good as myself.
      I really like clothing, so it's important to me that my clothes are comfortable, clean, good-looking and they compliment my body and personality.
      I dress my dolls to match their personality and style, which is similar to mine from soneparts.

13. I wear scrubs every day to work. Equally comfortable clothes on off days. My dolls are definitely better dressed.

14. Yes and no... I do spend money on nice clothes+ shoes for myself, but I tend to wear comfy clothes when I'm at home ( and I'm usually too tired after work to leave the house lmao ). I'm trying to get back into the habit of wearing nicer clothes all the time tho :sweat

So for the most part, my dolls are dressed a lot better than I am. I do dream of ordering a nice suit for one of my boys, but I still can't bring myself to click the order button... So until then they're going to stay in more casual pants& shirts. I feel less restraint buying for my girls, so they have quite a few pieces from DollHeart& Volks.

15. I just spent a bit over $300 on a couple of new wigs, eyes shoes and clothes for my KDF Darae.

And that's just for two outfits, and I still need a denim or leather jacket for her.

I think the last lot of clothes I bought for myself were around $10/piece, and nothing special.

16. I certainly have more clothes, but they are all more stylish. I think that means they win!

17. In order to not let myself go (and to save a bit of money) I've always told myself to never spend more on my doll's clothes than on mines. Therefore, she has (and will have) nice, pretty clothes for sure, but not very refined and complex ones. So I guess that makes us equal on the fashion level.

18. Yes its actually kinda of funny just the other day I saw a pair of shoes for $20 bucks, and thought they were overpriced. But then I saw a pair of boots for my doll for $19.99 online and bought them, thinking that it was a good deal.
      Oh the irony!

19. My dolls will dress better than me for two reasons, one clothes either fine, handmade or both fit their various characters. Two their clothes don't have to stand up to daily wear and tear. I can make them real finery when it fits and use nice materials knowing they'll never really wear out.
      One of my dolls is a king thus will be wearing the best materials, another will have a ton of fancy props and embroidered robes, and yet another will have intricate leather armor. I think like others mentioned we do live a little vicariously through them. Its easier (and hopefully) a little cheaper to make or buy for them the clothes we'd ideally like to wear.

20. At the moment no...he is patiently waiting for an outfit for Chewin. Rey seems happy to wait. At that point he will be better dressed than I. I am a t-shirt, jeans or shorts kinda guy. Really dress up now that I am retired.