1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is your doll habit a dirty little secret?

May 2, 2012

1. My dolls are totally and completely a dirty lil secret...that everyone knows about xD most don't know the cost of my girls but at the same time I don't take alot of them out in public..this isn't because I'm embarrassed or anything like that its that I am worried someone could snatch one up when I was doing something else.. if I go out with others I like to take them and do stories etc I think the general public doesn't understand that these kinds of dolls are not like barbies or american girl dolls, they are an adult collectors item. I feel like all they see is a grown up with what looks to be a super expensive barbie. When I first got my girls I was worried everyone was looking and knew how much they cost etc but all of that 'embarrassment' more came from the fact they are EXPENSIVE and losing them or having a little kid yank one up and cover her in dirt would be devastating!

At first my parents didn't agree they thought it was just weird and awkward but the funny thing.. as they got used to them..THEY GOT SOME GIRLS OF THERE OWN!! yes thats right they started out thinking it was weird and something to be embarrassed about and now they have over 10 girls! so I really think the embarrassment comes from not understanding or knowing what they are, the cost is and the collector aspect of things.

2. It's kind of half and half for me. My closest friend is about the only person I talk to about my dolls and doll plans, my parents know I like certain dolls and since they're kind of on display in my room they've seen them and questioned them. My mom has only complained about their price once, but isn't opposed to me getting them as long as I'm responsible with my money and don't fall behind in my loan payments.

As far as other friends and coworkers I don't openly talk about my dolls. I'll tell them I play Pathfinders and TCGs before I tell them about my doll collection. I don't feel bad about not talking about them or anything, but I'd rather not be initially judged based on my dolls y'know?

3. Heck no! I tell my family about my hobby, and honestly, I don't care who knows about my hobby.