1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is your doll part of an elaborate "world"?

May 30, 2009

1. yes, mine definitely are, and several other members dolls have been absorbed into that world as well, which, overall, is a dark future style version of our world.

2. I'm only getting one right now, but when I get more they'll all be in the same sort of universe - if they're in the same house, they've gotta be buddies (or mortal enemies, whichever they prefer)! Don't quite have that much written yet, but I already have some basic ideas in my head, haha...
      Also my friend might get some since I got her into it, in that case our dolls will totally hang and be cool together. That way our dolls will be sociable. :D

3. Honestly, 'yes' is a more fun answer because it doesn't give away anything and keeps you guessing. Would you spoil the surprise if it were a movie or a book, I think not. XD. I figure dolls should be the same way. But in short, 'yes', my dolls (and apparently everyone elses' here) are from a special place. I think, honestly, it's because I would (and probably, other people too) would rather invest hundreds to thousands of dollars in someone they know, rather than a complete stranger.

4. Some of mine are and aren't. I basically split them up depending on the photostory or whatever I'm doing. For example; Erebos and Gix would never be photographed together if I was doing a photoshoot depicting either one's storyline. However, 'out of character' shoots (Or 'off camera', more like), I could without weirdness.

Kegan and Nova are the only ones that weren't characters from some story or RP I've done while Gix is completely separate from the remaining five with his own setting completely separate from theirs... if that made any sense XD
      Kegan has made appearances in the photostory I've been working on only because they're in the 'normal' world. ~_^

5. Like others have said: Yep. :)

6. To save a tl:dr moment, yes, yes they are. Along with four other peoples hordes they make up two different distinct and seperate worlds.

7. Short answer: Yes. I have three distinct "groups" of dolls at this point, and they're all from extensively detailed worlds.

8. yes. i started working on my secret world about two years ago...my characters all exist there. unfortunately, the list keeps growing *_*

9. Yeah~
      The world is very, very similar to ours, but it still has some differences... tiny bits of magic here and there, different political stuff going on, different scientific studies, ect. He and my planned dolls have story lines that intertwine, and they're all in the same 'world'.

10. Yes! <3 Although I have a couple different storylines and separate worlds going on at the moment. Two are the major ones. Out of my two dolls at home, and my two incoming ones, [and in the simplest of terms xD;;;] Malice and Bell belong to a sort of gothic, apocolyptic Renaissance 'world', while Brekken and Hazeroth [Hazeroth doesn't really 'exist' in the story as an actual character though; she's a worshipped deity of a religion I manufactured for the story] come from a sort of alternate modern-day that takes place in a city that I suppose is much like a San Francisco with bits of New York City [I <3 NYC!!] thrown in there.

*looks up* *high-fives Ella* 8D

11. I've never really thought so, but now that I think about it, yeah.
      My dolls originally just live with me here in America. Then I added more characters and got to thinking. Now I have something a lot like old time-y shakespear in mind.
      It's a long story as to how it originated and I'm really not in the mood to type it all up, but I will say that it was Quinn who found this land. The place was a utopia. Waterfalls, beautiful land, clean water, perfect for crops, and a very cute little place. One of my characters, Adriel was the queen of this place, and her cousin (as she had no sisters or brothers) Nebula was the princess and heir to the throne. Quinn and I worked in a shop that I can only describe to people who watch xxxHolic. It's a Yuko thing. We grabt wishes, tell fortunes, make potions, and many other things. Our lives there where good until one day a family came to the shop. I'm not going to go into detail. I'll just come out and say that they were Sybal and Sei's parents. Sei was not even a year old and Sybal was yet to be born (the mother was pregnant). I was named god mother. Quinn had a vision foreseeing the war that our home country was to declare. We hurried to be ready. Quinn took all of the people he could to safety and the woman gave birth on the ship. Our world is currently still in that war as a minute there is a day here. We came to the mortal world in that time. The kids growing to be nine and ten years old before we pulled time and here we are.

:doh I write to much. Sorry!

12. Oh, wow. It's fun to see how much people have built up 'around' their dolls. It would be cool if there was some kind of world catalouge where you could 'sign up' for where you wanted your doll to belong.

13. Not really. They have a time and a place in which they inhabit (thier "story"), but it's not elaborate at all! Most of it is made up on the spot, should I happen to be talking to someone about them ;) I like to keep thier characters somewhat liquid, too. They have basic "likes" and "dislikes" and general character types, though.

14. Some of them are a part of an elaborate world, while others still have yet to have plot lines written for them ^_^

15. Yes my dolls are part of an elaborate world created by me and they "merge" with another world create with a friend of mine, as our dolls are somewhat related. My dolls have some "relations" with other friends worlds too.... ^^

16. Well, the longer I've been in this hobby, I find I must keep getting into new parts of it to help keep it interesting. Lately I've been getting more into human dolls, so I can create a more elaborate world for them, which I feel will spur my creativity onward, inspire me to sew and create for them on an ongoing basis.

My elves inhabit the world of nature, but as the saying goes "their shape is their reason", they're simply manifestations and don't really have any other purpose and don't even have contact with other "elves". Their interactions with humans is limited also, so my conception for them is pretty limited and tends to be static.

Raven

17. Yup. All of my characters live in a fictional big city that's located on a fictional barrier island. It pretty much looks like any other metropolis as far as details goes, but the history of the area and it's origins are pretty far-fetched. :)

18. Does the elaborate world of mess under my bed count?

If not, then no. I figure if you're asking a yes/no question there might as well be some nos in here.

19. Yes, my dolls are a part of MY world...and that's pretty darned elaborate! I've created a real storybook setting for myself and hubby (both inside and outside our home), and the dolls are part of that. Each one of them has their own settings (they can visit one another back and forth) and their stories intertwine with the naturally magical elements of a small, close-knit, rather impoverished neighborhood filled with ecclectic people and interesting goings-on. I've always believed there is magic all around you if you only look.:):aheartbea:aheartbea:aheartbea

20. I wanna live where you live!

Lol, yes! We call that the Compulsively-Bought-Wigs Storage World here!