1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is your doll part of an elaborate "world"?

May 30, 2009

1. Absolutely :)

All my dolls originally started out in their main storyline world that I refer to as Dementia (it keeps things simple when attempting to explain about them), and alternate Universe type of deal. I used to RP them extensively (now just every so often) with a friend of mine and her dolls/characters became very much intertwined with my own. As it is, currently two of my dolls are actually based off her original characters rather than my own. We've RPed together for a little over two years now and through that time they have grown immensly, and about ten years previous to that I RPed my same characters through many other storylines (not their own), which helped me learn about them to form them into who they are now.

These same characters have two other alternative universes we do RP them in from time to time and these two other worlds are almost just as extensive as Dementia (which will forever remain their original universe). So I guess you could say our dolls belong to extensive "worlds", rather than just one "world."

2. Oh man do my dolls all live in a complicated world, cause all my dolls characters are dead XD They all live in the Spirit World, its pretty epic if you ask me XD *points to doll list* All of them belong to one lovely kingdom I produced for them XD

3. Yep.^^

Russel lives in a distant future that, after an apocalypse orchestrated by the gods (who were angry that no one worshiped them and figured that if they make a mess of things, more people would turn religious again), is more like the past with random "magical" (ahem, mechanical) things like this big magical ruin where if you speak quietly at a certain part of the stage makes the sound travel all around the huge ruin (as in, a microphone and speakers).

Michael lives in the near future of our world, which is only our world because Mike went and made a mess of things and alternate realities (first by accident, then on purpose because he was convinced it was for the better). Mike used to live in a very distant future too, but unfortunately I scrapped the idea because while I had an awesome background developed, the plot of his story was very cliche no matter how hard I tried to make it original. The problem mainly lay in the fact that while situations were original, every way they could play out catered to some political agenda exercised in our media today, and I didn't want that.

4. Yeah... private school. >_>;;; It may not seem elaborate, but things have gotten much more complicated with the addition of some of my favorite characters (in doll form) from seperate fantasies I've written.

5. Yes, I guess you could call it that.

More like the hidden section of our own world, though. They and their situations exist in our own time...Normal everyday people are just too busy to notice.

Although, some of mine are more of the normal everyday type that do notice. ;)

6. Eloberate? More like silly in my case. They're a bunch of people living on a shelf in a house where there also lives a giant (that would be me) that none ever sees, but that sometimes get mentioned when there are shortages of clothes or shoes.

If I'd still lived out in the country I'd go for a more serious world for them, but in my small apartment in the middle of the city I mostly stay indoors with the dolls except for meetups. So it's a small limited world.

7. One of mine is from an ongoing 4-year-thus-far writing/drawing project with a friend. The doll himself is of my favorite character, but that's like, the story is distant past and he's a modern version.

Which is fine, since he's immortal. And a bunch of horrible things keep happening to him in the story, so even ending up as a doll? It would fit right in. :sweat

My other doll has no such background, and isn't nearly as much fun.

8. yep, and it grows to accommadate sculpts I like. So far i have a regular story line, and some people who have wandered off from the circus to join the main group. And no, no Akandos are involved. :))

9. Yeah. ^-^
      All I need is 2 more characters and a change of sculpt for my current character and the rest are just my little lovies to have :3 Either way, its the elaborate world of Junko and personally if I wasnt me, I wouldnt come near my world within a 5 mile ratius.

10. I see my dolls as a kind of theatrical troupe that I use to cast my little scenes, based primarily on their appearance. I make up definite personalities, but costume them various ways depending on my whim at the moment. I don't seem to have the sort of brain that is organized enough to make up a separate world for them.

11. yes, and my msds are in one world, and the sds will have a seperate one.. My msds are mostly elves and they all live in a tolkien/worldofwarcraft/brianFroud fantasy hybrid world.

12. Yep! Well, sort of.

Long story short, my first doll is a interdimensional Sprite, so my dolls from different "worlds" can intermingle and coexist by virtue of her ability to bridge dimensions. ^_~

13. Yes, mine are part of a "world," for the most part. The majority of my dolls (all the ones currently owned, and most of the ones I will own when the ordered ones arrive) are OCs from a fairly elaborate story I"ve been working on for quite a while.

14. My dolls inhabit an esoteric bookshop in Prague. The place is dark, quiet & claustrophobic. Mysterious things happen in the shadows.

15. Oh, heavens, yes. My dolls are part of a very elaborate world between myself and Aceharthunter. There's a huge, and very complicated storyline set in Toronto, Ontario, with angels, demons, witches, fae... and the occasional hunters. Hee, the hunters don't really like the others, but what do you do? All in the same world.

16. Well my first doll I just received is an original character who's set in an AU Steampunk/Goth version of Victorian Europe. The next doll I want will be a part of that world and story, as will the doll I get after that. I might go a little crazy, but I'm getting so many ideas and I can't stop! I think I'll only be getting three though as the main characters, and just writing all the extra's in. Those three (Lusis, Limho, L-bi) are the only ones important enough to physically here.

17. No. My dolls just live in my world and interact with each other within this reality ;) We're one big happy family! That may be boring to some of you, but it works for us!

18. Yes. my doll centered group are the Vistonah Bay characters. they live in a port town surounded by a deep wood filled with mystical creatures, like elves, Fairies, and the Tonttu (cat demons like my pukisha)

On the other side, there is the Reizei family. who were started off in a roleplay that has become very near and dear to me.

19. Yes, they are. I have one group set in this world close to present time (a little over a decade ago), one fantasy group, one modern fantasy/supernatural group (this world with fantasy elements), one character doll that has his own thing going on and one other doll that I haven't quite figured out yet. Though they have their own worlds, they also exist as dolls with me and do interact with each other in that respect though there story lines don't cross. Their worlds don't involve anyone else's dolls, and I've come to prefer it this way, since I write about them and want to have control over my stories and characters.