1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Is your doll part of an elaborate "world"?

May 30, 2009

1. Yes. Moswen and Kijika are from my novel Balancing Karma. Jaiseki is their son and is novelette is called Enchanted Shadows. I'm currently doing the final edits on Enchanted Shadows, after which, I'll be sending it to my publisher for consideration. Balancing Karma, when its done, will also go to my publisher for consideration.

The doll (Jolen) that I plan to buy around Xmas time, is another original character and is in the AU Ai no Kusabi fanfic, The Lost Cadre, that I'm writing.

All the dolls that I've bought looked like the mental image I had of the characters so it was a MUST HAVE situation with them.

2. In a word: Yes. :lol:
      I don't buy dolls if they're not perfect for some character or another, so it's rather inescapable. I have two distinct storylines, one more modern, and one more fantasy, and that's where I'll leave it before I try to write a novel. :XD:

ETA: And now my storylines have managed to hook into each other and spawn some kind of weird novel-baby. I can't win. :lol:

ETAx2: Now there's a third storyline in the mix and it's not even mine! :sweat Fortunately the writer for THAT story is very understanding of the fact that I have a princess who MUST HAVE her knight along for the rride. Help? :XD:

3. Yes, everyone of my dolls belong to "my world" who I have created through comics and novels. :) .. Except my two tinies. They are just my babies who I pamper silly. :whee:

4. Yes, though I wouldn't say it's an 'elaborate world'. More like an alternate dimension very similar to this one.

It also helps keep the number of dolls here to something manageable, since they have to be able to 'fit' in.

5. Yep. My first doll is part of a world, so basically, I'm also looking for more dolls to be part of Azami's world as well. Azami's world, it's like a mixture of fantasy as well as modern. >w<;;

6. When my sister was younger we had a whole land & monarchy for our dolls and whenever we got a new one they were "written" into the story, we held contests and made up a a few new languages. She is still trying to remember it all to put into a manga. If you don't start writing it down early it can get out of hand! All our relatives know about our little town and sometimes ask after the characters or send them wedding gifts.The only thing that upsets me is how hard it is to explain it all if you haven't been there from the start.

Now my boyfriend and I still give personalty to my dolls and set the smaller ones up with his action figures occasionally. I'm so excited to start a BJD family so we can make up new stories for dolls so much more life-like.

7. *looks all fake grumpy at her friend* Yeeeeeah, so even before I get my dolls, they're absorbed into his world. You should hear me flail about it on the phone with him. His dolls talk to me all the time too, which makes it worse. I need my Renny so I can finally get them all to play together.

8. As of right now? No, not really. ^^;; (However that may change)

9. I searched for a doll that would fit one of my characters from a very specific set of stories / illustrations I was making, so she definitely comes from a well-defined place and time. This is something I am still working on, so who knows what the end result might be, but to this moment, the answer is definitely a "yes" )

10. Definately. Tami, Yuri and May are from my xmen world; Estrella and Zoran are from my Final Elite story.

11. My dolls are part of a Muppet/Avenue Q-esque world, in which dolls and humans sort of coexist. Basically, as if dolls are just another race that we work and socialize with.

12. One of my girls is from a story I wrote with a friend, but stopped working on ages ago. Her story is fairly complex, but also really... well, poopie since I wrote the majority of it between the ages of 12-17. Despite the fact the story sits in a corner collecting dust, I plan on getting a few of the other characters from it into Dollie form.

My other girl? No story, whatsoever. I wanted to do somethinig with a dollie that I couldn't do with Akemi since her character is so developed. So i found the other doll, and got it for that.

13. I've got a very 'elaborate world' for my dolls- but it existed before they did, so their characters kind of just live in it... I really like reading about other people's worlds though, it's so interesting to see what people come up with and how things work in their imaginary places.

EDIT: I actually made a Livejournal community for people who like talking about their personal dolly worlds, and those who want to trade ideas and things. :D

14. this would be great! like, an alternate doll-world...
      like, it would be very interesting to see how the story of the various characters interact with each other, etc. very cool.

heh. too bad i have no doll friends... i was also banned from the local doll forum... and most of the owners here are over 30 >_>

15. yes. all of the interactions between my characters happens exclusivly in another universe. at least for right now. i always feel a little weird about explaining cause i think i sound crazy, but there are two planets that i focus on speciffically, which i totally made up, and the interactions between the individuals there. everything generally happens from the perspective of my doll kashi. there are times when i try to be inside my other charcter's heads but it feels weird..o well.

but yea, definitely do. i think the main reason why i did that when i was younger was because there was something limiting about earth. so i use earth every now and then but generally not.

16. My two planned dolls' characters belong to a world separate from our own called Arc. It's a world where one race of people have control over magic, and humans exist there and do not control magic. At one point in the world's history, intermarriage began, and as the magic blood was diluted people began to lose control over it. But there's a long story behind that.

Basically they -- the characters -- are saved from becoming pawns in a goddess' plan to destroy her dark half by another god, who sacrifices himself to send them to Earth. There they're completely lost in a much more "modern" world, but they find a safe haven and begin to make a life for themselves. So they are both from a separate world and from our world of Earth. (:

17. I want to make a doll based off of one of my RP characters, but no one seems to have the dress I am looking for and it has to be that dress. As soon as I have been here long enough, I will commission someone to make it for me. <3 Anyway, so, yes, my doll will be part of her own world. =^w^=

18. Not really, she' just my bff.

BFF.
      HA

^//^

19. Ruby, my first doll, originated from a World of Darkness tabletop game. I have since added more dolls in the same world and taken quite a few liberties with the characters and settings, so I consider their collective story to be quite separate from the original inspiration.

So far I have worked my four MSD-sized dolls into the same story set in an alternate, modern earth, but I have yet to come up with justification for my YoSD-sized little boy. He has goat legs, so the suspension of disbelief is going to be difficult! I'll get it all worked out eventually tho...

I have wrote a few things, just a bit of a prologue, and if I had time I have enough ideas to fill a novella or two with their adventures. But alas, time is something I lack.

20. This. As I tried to start a thread in a similar vein a few days ago (that'll learn me to try and word things more appropriately/read forum rules :doh ), this is a topic of interest for me.

I've been RPing for more years than I care to admit to, and did the storyline creation with a dear friend of mine from high school. Given now that I'm older, and the options available exceed Barbie and friends, I'd like to try it again. And as much fun as it'd be to create my own, half of the enjoyment of RP comes from interacting with other people.

On topic: I fully intend on doing some setting-creation when my boy finally arrives. Hopefully I'll get some concrete ideas once I have him in hand!