1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

IsLand Doll Discussion

Jan 14, 2011

1. orchestralstab, aw...thanks!!

2. Hi. I just ordered Odin in suntan. I went all out and got jointed hands too. It's been forever since I bought any wigs. Should I be getting the 8/9 size for him or 9/10? I did the math and his head comes out to 9 inches.

These posts are making me want another IslandDoll now in the dark tan

3. Hi, his head is listed as 23 cm. Odin_ASIR(73cm)_Doll_NORSE MYTH_Islanddoll

Personally I would go with 9/10 as they cover 22cm-24cm. I think a 8/9 covers 21cm-23cm. I've had some really varied experience with supposed 8/9 so it's a chance!! Some are pretty small and snug and some too large. At least with the 9/10 you could use a wig cap?? I'm no expert so get more opinions.

I'd love to see your guy when he arrives!

4. @silentstardust : I have an Odin and he does fit in an 8/9- but his wig is also pretty darn stretchy. I believe the one in this photo is a Crobi 10. I can check when I get home, if you want. Sadly, my order history on their site doesn't tell me what the heck size I ordered. I doubt I went with an 8 though. I don't think that would stretch over his big noggin at all.

[​IMG]

5. Oh he's awesome @BlitheFool ! How does he compare to other SD dolls size-wise? Is he really buff?

And congrats on your order @silentstardust :)

Some spam of Naledi and her pretty triangles :P
      [​IMG]

#245 Cydril, Jun 30, 2016
      Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
    6. @Cydril Naledi is so gorgeous, I love seeing pics of her!

7. @Cydril You keep making me impatient to get a dark tan doll. Yours is so pretty!

8. Wow! She's gorgeous @Cydril

'Star (Odin) has actually been on a temp. body- his Island Doll bod is supposed to arrive tonight! So I can take comparison pics with my other buff dudes if anyone would like. I'm pretty sure he'll be taller than most of them.

@silentstardust - I tried a 9/10 wig on time and it fits very nicely. Not too huge. It was an Iplehouse 9/10. He does wear a wig cap though- if that makes any difference to you.

9. @Cydril Say, just how flexible is that body? Especially the legs, since they don't have thigh joints.

10. Thank you guys :)

@iamkathybrown , the mobility is about what you would expect. The legs don't really have any side to side movement, but he can sit on his feet and cross legged without too much effort. I will say, the ankles are the worst part, super wobbly. I think he will be better once he is hot glue sueded.

11. @BlitheFool I love the face up on your Odin. I've been looking at Crobidoll wigs for awhile now, does it take very long for the to ship/how are the shipping charges?

12. @iamkathybrown , she loos so nice! The dark tan really suits that sculpt.
      Im pretty sure the oily spots are just mold release spray. It shows up on darker dolls, but it should rinse off.

13. @bananapudding -Crobi is fast! They're usually only a couple days from ordering to shipping for wigs. They don't generally send an email though when they ship. You have to check your order status on their website.

14. Thanks! :)

15. I realize now that I never put up a picture of my (still unnamed) head with her eyes in.

[​IMG]

#256 iamkathybrown, Nov 5, 2016
      Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    16. What body are you planning for her?

17. A Granado Female Nuevo. The measurements are similar and it keeps the boyish look I want. But it is so pricey! It will be a while. And custom colors are for VIPs only. I guess I'll have to order through someone. I toyed with getting a much cheaper Impldoll Star, but the neck is a bit big and it is a bit too tall and shapely for what I want. It's hard finding shoulders broad enough for this honking huge head. Hybrids, amiright?

18. @iamkathybrown it may match Granado's Chocolate resin? They both look pretty darn dark.

19. I was thinking that, but I don't know how to check and I don't want to buy an expensive body and have a horrible match.